The Rosenberg Cemetery, formerly the Woodmen of the World (W.O.W.) Cemetery, had its beginnings in three separate but adjacent cemeteries--the W.O.W. Cemetery, and Moers and Klauke additions. Although it includes burials dating to the 1890s, the W.O.W. Cemetery was established by Rosenberg Camp No. 535 in 1905, when the group bought eight acres from R.T. Mulcahy. The cemetery was originally to be used only by W.O.W. members and their families.
Soon after establishing the burial ground, the W.O.W. camp bought a strip of land connecting the cemetery to a city street. This strip became Magnolia Street, and the land to the west and east of it became the Moers and Klauke cemeteries respectively. W.C. Moers established his graveyard in 1935 and in 1940 sold his remaining lots to Fred E. Klauke, who had started his cemetery the previous year.
The City of Rosenberg, which bought the W.O.W. cemetery in 1937, purchased the Moers and Klauke sites in 1973, and today the three graveyards are known together as Rosenberg Cemetery. The names of the city's early settlers and leaders can be found among the grave markers.
Texas Historical Marker (2002)