Also known as Ansel Cemetery, Fremont Cemetery, Lansing Avenue Jewish Cemetery, Newburgh Cemetery, and Old Fremont Cemetery
Address of 5716 Lansing Avenue and is located on the north side of Harvard Avenue between East 55th Street and East 64th Street. The entrance is at 3933 East 57th Street. The cemetery was previously known as the Fremont Cemetery. Some undertakers referred to the cemetery as the Ansel Cemetery, especially those graves in the OCAS section and perhaps others that are near Lansing Road, mostly in the 1911 – 1912 timeframe. Those undertakers using the name Ansel Cemetery were DH Rosenstein and Groh. The cemetery was established in 1890 and is 8 acres in size. The cemetery abuts Harvard Grove Cemetery.
The cemetery is located in city of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and is # 2565 (Lansing Cemetery / Fremont Cemetery / Newburg Cemetery) in “Ohio Cemeteries 1803-2003”, compiled by the Ohio Genealogical Society.
The cemetery is registered with the Ohio Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing (ODRE) as the Lansing Cemetery with registration license number CBR.0000983111.