1868 - March - Legislation by the Ohio General Assembly allowed to the purchase of land by two parties for the use a cemetery.
1868 - April - A joint pruchase of ninety-four and 47 hundreds acres of land by Washington Township and the City of Piqua from Jacob Schmidlapp for a sum of $14,512.50.
1868 - The creation of Forest Hill Union Cemetery.
1868 - November - First offical burial - Sarah Barnett
1880 - April - Additional land pruchased from Jacob Schmidlapp
1903 - New office building and chapel discussed
1904 - New office under construction for the sum of $2,425.00
1904 - Forest Hill Cemetery board of trustees by aggrement took control and purchased St. Joseph section located in the far northeast are of the current cemetery. At the time it was owned and operated by the Catholic Church. This area was for the burial of Catholic individuals. Part of the written agreement at that time was that all persons buried in the Catholic section must be buried by the rules of the Catholic Church and that no religion rites shall be performed except by a Catholic Priest.