Two years after the establishment of Christ Church, 1846, one of the actions of the new parish was to lay out a cemetery and to establish a committee to oversee the running and maintaining of the cemetery.
In 1954 the first expansion added 159 graves to the original cemetery. A second expansion was in 1977; the last addition was at the end of the 20th century. More recently the cemetery committee planned for and oversaw a project that planted trees, placed granite benches in two lovely locations, had a planter built, and named some of the cemetery’s “streets” after deceased Christ Church rectors, which are indicated by attractive signposts.
The cemetery is still overseen by the Cemetery Committee, which is appointed by the Vestry at the annual meeting.