When the early Swedish settlers arrived in the Calmar region in the 1890's, a registered cemetery did not exist. A burial ground was started on the grounds of the Rose Hill School, which was located on the banks of the Conjuring Creek. The banks began to erode each time there was a heavy flow of water. This led to the unfortunate exhumation of bodies and the need to establish a cemetery in a safer location. In 1906 a cemetery company was formed by the local citizens. Shares were priced at $4.00 for a 20 square foot lot. Soon after 1.5 acres were purchased. Over the years many improvements have been made. Trees were planted and maintenance was and is done by volunteers. Our records are now computerized and volunteers are still active in this organization. We have an ash scatter garden which we call the Garden of Memories. This is a popular interment for cremated remains of a loved one's ashes.