Wilfred Henry Williams

27 Sep 1896 - 22 Sep 1986

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

Wilfred Henry Williams

27 Sep 1896 - 22 Sep 1986
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

I can best describe my parents by saying that they, too, were honest, humble, and likeable people who served the Lord and worked hard all their adult lives to raise and provide for their family. My father, Wilfred Henry Williams, was the only natural child of Henry and Ann Guest Mosley Williams, con
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Wilfred Henry Williams
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with BillionGraves.com!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Wilfred Henry Williams


Provo City Cemetery

610 S State St
Provo, Utah, Utah
United States


June 5, 2011


June 4, 2011

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Wilfred Henry...

We found more records about Wilfred Henry Williams.

Grave Site of Wilfred Henry


Wilfred Henry Williams is buried in the Provo City Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



History of Wilfred and Ardell Williams, by Wilfred K. Williams

Contributor: Holle.Boykin Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

I can best describe my parents by saying that they, too, were honest, humble, and likeable people who served the Lord and worked hard all their adult lives to raise and provide for their family. My father, Wilfred Henry Williams, was the only natural child of Henry and Ann Guest Mosley Williams, converts to the Church who had emigrated in their youth to Utah from England. Wilfred was born in Provo, Utah, September 27, 1896. A few years later, his parents informally adopted and then raised a foster child named Veronica. She became his “younger sister”. My mother, Mary Ardell Fullmer Williams, was born 13 November 1901 in Diamond, Utah, a little mining town located between Mammoth and Eureka, Utah. A younger brother, John, and sister, Minnie, were born while they were living there. Later, the family moved to Mapleton and then to Springville, Utah. Mother started Kindergarten in Spanish Fork in the Fall of 1907. She continued her schooling in Springville at the Washington School, Springville Junior High School, and finally Springville High School. However, she was forced to leave high school at the end of the ninth grade and go to work to help with the family finances. She did housework at different homes and, of course, helped out on the farm with the many chores. Two weeks after my father’s birth, the Williams family moved to Springville, Utah, and it is there that Wilfred spent his growing-up years. He helped on the farm, assisted in the house, and attended public schools in Springville. Upon his graduation from high school, he took a job with the U. S. Government Land Office working as a surveyor. His was part of a crew sectionizing subdivisions in southern and southwestern Utah. While still on survey, Wilfred received his induction notice for military service with the Army, starting September 5th, 1918. He reported to Camp Kearny in California where he was under-going basic training when the war ended. So, instead of orders for overseas deployment, he was sent to the Presidio in San Francisco and discharged from active service. Ardell was only eight years old when her mother died and the family moved in with Delbert Fullmer, Sid’s half brother. Del and Jonene, his new bride, proceeded to have fifteen children of their own but treated Ardell and John as if they were their own children. Shortly after returning from the Army, my Dad married his childhood sweetheart, my mother, who he had been dating while in High School. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple on January 14, 1920, immediately upon his release from the Army. He was twenty three and she was eighteen. Initially, Dad and his new bride moved to Heyburn, Idaho, where he was able to rent sixty acres of farm land and plant them to potatoes. Unfortunately, the price of potatoes plummeted after a few years and he was forced to seek other employment. He found work with William R. Smith, who had a brokerage business and a flour mill and feed business in Bountiful, Utah. Nine years later, in 1936, he ran for and was elected City Recorder for the City of Bountiful. From that time until his retirement, except for one short period, he served in this capacity. In all, my parents raised six children. The twins, Dora and Doris, and my sister Vada were all born in Idaho while Dad was engaging in farming. My older brother, Clyde, was born in 1926 in Salt Lake City in a little home at Sixth South and Second East. Four years later, I was born in Bountiful, Utah, in a rented home located a half block west of Main Street on Fifth South Street. My younger brother, Robert John, was born on my fifth birthday, in 1935, after we had moved into a new home located at 576 South Main Street in Bountiful. Unfortunately, Robert proved to be a problem and a great drain on my mother’s strength for the rest of her life. He was mentally retarded and could not care for himself. As a result, he required a great deal of care which mother gave him with no thought of herself. She overdid and brought on a bout of pneumonia. This, in turn, triggered a serious heart condition that plagued her for over fifteen years. She was seriously ill in the hospital at one point and we feared for her life. It was only through prayer and faith and the blessings of the Lord that we were privileged to have her life spared and to continue to enjoy her companionship. Eventually, mother suffered a series of strokes that left her paralyzed on one side. She was confined to her bed the last 5 years of her life and was tended by my father. His sterling qualities shone forth time and again as he gave up sleep, work, and nourishment in order to care for her. He did so without complaint, criticism, or grumbling; he cheerfully and willingly played his role of husband and companion and was an outstanding example to all of us children. Nevertheless, the strain on him was so great that we feared that he would succumb before mother. She died on the 14th Day of January, 1962, her 42nd wedding anniversary, loved and respected by all who knew her. After mother's death, my father married Ruth Riley Cushing, who for years had worked alongside him as the Bountiful City Treasurer. They spent nearly twenty five years together as husband and wife and had a wonderful time. Their immediate association ended when my father died September 23, 1986, and was buried on his ninetieth birthday. Ruth subsequently moved in with her oldest son, John Cushing, and his family, and continued to maintain contact with all of her other children, stepchildren, and grandchildren until her death nine years later.

Life timeline of Wilfred Henry Williams

Wilfred Henry Williams was born on 27 Sep 1896
Wilfred Henry Williams was 7 years old when The Wright brothers make their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, were two American aviators, engineers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who are generally credited with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful airplane. They made the first controlled, sustained flight of a powered, heavier-than-air aircraft on December 17, 1903, four miles south of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. In 1904–05 the brothers developed their flying machine into the first practical fixed-wing aircraft. Although not the first to build experimental aircraft, the Wright brothers were the first to invent aircraft controls that made fixed-wing powered flight possible.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 20 years old when Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was forced to abdicate in the February Revolution, ending three centuries of Romanov rule. Nicholas II or Nikolai II, known as Saint Nicholas in the Russian Orthodox Church, was the last Emperor of Russia, ruling from 1 November 1894 until his forced abdication on 15 March 1917. His reign saw the fall of the Russian Empire from one of the foremost great powers of the world to economic and military collapse. He was given the nickname Nicholas the Bloody or Vile Nicholas by his political adversaries due to the Khodynka Tragedy, anti-Semitic pogroms, Bloody Sunday, the violent suppression of the 1905 Russian Revolution, the executions of political opponents, and his perceived responsibility for the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905). Soviet historians portray Nicholas as a weak and incompetent leader whose decisions led to military defeats and the deaths of millions of his subjects.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 33 years old when The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or "Black Tuesday", ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression. The New York Stock Exchange, is an American stock exchange located at 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York. It is by far the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization of its listed companies at US$21.3 trillion as of June 2017. The average daily trading value was approximately US$169 billion in 2013. The NYSE trading floor is located at 11 Wall Street and is composed of 21 rooms used for the facilitation of trading. A fifth trading room, located at 30 Broad Street, was closed in February 2007. The main building and the 11 Wall Street building were designated National Historic Landmarks in 1978.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 34 years old when Great Depression: In a State of the Union message, U.S. President Herbert Hoover proposes a $150 million (equivalent to $2,197,000,000 in 2017) public works program to help generate jobs and stimulate the economy. The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression that took place mostly during the 1930s, beginning in the United States. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late-1930s. It was the longest, deepest, and most widespread depression of the 20th century. In the 21st century, the Great Depression is commonly used as an example of how far the world's economy can decline.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 48 years old when World War II: The Allied invasion of Normandy—codenamed Operation Overlord—begins with the execution of Operation Neptune (commonly referred to as D-Day), the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The Allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history. The Allies of World War II, called the United Nations from the 1 January 1942 declaration, were the countries that together opposed the Axis powers during the Second World War (1939–1945). The Allies promoted the alliance as a means to control German, Japanese and Italian aggression.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 57 years old when Jonas Salk announced the successful test of his polio vaccine on a small group of adults and children (vaccination pictured). Jonas Edward Salk was an American medical researcher and virologist. He discovered and developed one of the first successful polio vaccines. Born in New York City, he attended New York University School of Medicine, later choosing to do medical research instead of becoming a practicing physician. In 1939, after earning his medical degree, Salk began an internship as a physician scientist at Mount Sinai Hospital. Two years later he was granted a fellowship at the University of Michigan, where he would study flu viruses with his mentor Thomas Francis, Jr.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 73 years old when During the Apollo 11 mission, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon. Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two people on the Moon. Mission commander Neil Armstrong and pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the lunar module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC. Armstrong became the first person to step onto the lunar surface six hours after landing on July 21 at 02:56:15 UTC; Aldrin joined him about 20 minutes later. They spent about two and a quarter hours together outside the spacecraft, and collected 47.5 pounds (21.5 kg) of lunar material to bring back to Earth. Michael Collins piloted the command module Columbia alone in lunar orbit while they were on the Moon's surface. Armstrong and Aldrin spent 21.5 hours on the lunar surface before rejoining Columbia in lunar orbit.
Wilfred Henry Williams was 76 years old when Munich massacre: Nine Israeli athletes die (along with a German policeman) at the hands of the Palestinian "Black September" terrorist group after being taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games. Two other Israeli athletes were slain in the initial attack the previous day. The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, in which the Palestinian terrorist group Black September took eleven Israeli Olympic team members hostage and killed them along with a West German police officer.
Wilfred Henry Williams died on 22 Sep 1986 at the age of 90
Grave record for Wilfred Henry Williams (27 Sep 1896 - 22 Sep 1986), BillionGraves Record 9630 Provo, Utah, Utah, United States