Wayne R. Higgins

9 Apr 1933 - 17 Jun 1990


Wayne R. Higgins

9 Apr 1933 - 17 Jun 1990
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Grave site information of Wayne R. Higgins (9 Apr 1933 - 17 Jun 1990) at Riverside Thomas Cemetery in Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho, United States from BillionGraves
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Wayne R. Higgins
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with BillionGraves.com!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Wayne R. Higgins


Riverside Thomas Cemetery

939-949 State Highway 39
Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho
United States


December 11, 2013


July 29, 2013

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Wayne R....

We found more records about Wayne R. Higgins.

Grave Site of Wayne R.


Wayne R. Higgins is buried in the Riverside Thomas Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Life Sketch of Wayne Higgins

Contributor: AcesKitten Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

JUNE 22, 1980 - WAYNE HIGGINS - LIFE SKETCH The first time I saw Wayne was in the hospital in Pocatello, I was staying with Grandpa and Grandma Romriell, they took me to see him. Dad had bought the farm where I now live (1297 W. Hoff Rd.) And he was staying here at Rockford. When they called Dad to let him know Mom, had gone to the hospital, he was at Uncle Chris and Aunt Clara's . He borrowed Uncle Chris's Model A Ford, which they had to pull with horses to Leo Murdocks, because of the snow on the roads. Soon after, Wayne was born we moved into the house that was on the farm where I now live. Dad was just getting started in farming. Mom helped Dad so Leora ended up tending Wayne a lot of the time. I don't remember a lot of things about Wayne while he was small, Laverne & I were buddies and I think Wayne kind of got left out. As he got older, I remember teaching him how to run the tractor. He loved it and was really good at it. We all had chores to do. Wayne didn't like to milk cows although he did a lot of it. He would clean the barn and feed, and I would milk most of the time. I remember when he learned to swim. We always went swimming with DeLyle Dance and Vernial Hawkes, in the American Falls canal. We had a diving board on the bridge, East of Clarence Romriell's house. While the rest of us were jumping and diving off the bridge, Wayne would play along the shore, and a little bit along the bridge, holding on to it and kicking his feet. One time he was out near the middle of the bridge and I took his hands off the bridge and let go of him and he swam to shore. He got out with a big smile, came marching up the bridge, looked at me, and jumped back into the canal, and swam out. Wayne, like Dad, was good with horses. I've decided that I liked horses but Wayne & Dad loved them and that is why he was better with them than I was. Wayne always had a dog and a horse. He loved flying with his good friend Don Novas, and laughed about the time they flew under the Tilden Bridge. I went on my Mission in 1948 and when I came home Wayne was a man, While I was gone, Dad bought a section of land where the Joe Dygert and Mike Katseanes farms are now. Dad & Wayne drilled a well on the home place and another on the new section. Wayne had plowed most of the North Half of the section. The P U C would not give Idaho Power permission to build power lines till they knew there was enough water to sustain the pumps. Dad and Wayne got an Auxiliary diesel engine from Ostbergs in Moreland, and put a belt pully on the pump so they could pump the water. I don't know how long it pumped but the water ran down through the farm and across the road that the P U C people drove in on. They got stuck in the mud. Wayne always enjoyed Dad asking them "You got enough water?" We worked hard that first summer. The soil was dry and powdery, just like flour. We surveyed and built ditches. You couldn't open the banks because they would just wash away. So we designed canvas dams with sleeves in them and drawstrings in the sleeves so you could control the flow and keep the water level right. Then we used siphon tubes over the bank. If there was an interruption in the power, everyone ran like mad to reset the siphon tubes so the banks wouldn't wash out. One time we went rabbit hunting in an old Army truck we had. I drove, a cousin David was in the cab with me. He had my single-shot shotgun. Elaine and Wayne were on the back of the truck. All of a sudden the shot gun discharged, blowing a hole through the truck cab and the front of the truck bed, between Elaine and Wayne, just barely missing them. Needless to say, David was never allowed to go with us again. We hunted ducks a lot, they were easy to get and we would bring sacks full home. That summer Wayne met Mae and I was so busy I don't remember much about their courtship. I do remember that one night Wayne was to meet Mae in Blackfoot and he was late. She called home and I answered the phone. My voice and Wayne's are a lot alike so I pretended to be him. I said "Who's this?" She said "Guess". I guessed every girl's name I could think of, then I said, "Oh it's Mazie". She hated to be called that. She hung up and almost immediately he walked in. She threw a salt shaker at him and said, "Who is it? Joe, Jim, Dan ?" Wayne didn't know what was going on and couldn't convince her that it wasn't him on the phone until about a week later when I admitted to it. I'm not sure she ever really believed it though. When they were first married Wayne worked for the Old Faithful Bottling Company, delivering pop up and down the valley. One day Dad came to me and said Mae had just called and was really scared. She said Wayne was really sick. I don't know how long he had been sick but he was in a coma, and had gone down to almost nothing. I picked him up and carried him to the car and held him and held him on my lap to the hospital and carried him in. Dr. Dean Packer asked, "How long has he been a diabetic?" that was the first we knew he was. I got busy with my own family and didn't see much of Wayne or keep track of his life. He and Mae were divorced and for several years I never knew where he was, or at least our paths never crossed. I kind of lost track of him until he married Juanita, and Elaine and I went to see them in Reno. They showed us Lake Tahoe and Virginia City. Wayne got a kick out of showing me his favorite fishing hole in the Truckee River in down town Reno, and laughing how everyone would go to the mountains to fish and he would always catch more than they did, right there at home. He managed an Exxon station in Reno and was proud to be on a first name basis with some of the movie stars. They moved to Salina Utah where he again ran a station. I was impressed with how neat and clean he kept things. He had some horses and the whole family rode in the posse. they moved from Salina to Oklahoma and I lost track of what he was doing. A couple of winters ago he came to Idaho Falls, He had a lot of friends from Oklahoma who called him all winter. The cold weather hurt his leg so he went back to Oklahoma. Last Fall they amputated his leg, starting at the foot. then below the knee, then at the hip. The cancer had spread too far. His friends -- Horses -- swimming hole Leora remembers caring for him when he was little. Laverne remembers how kind he was to her. Gary remembers going after the cows and the flood waters coming in and he couldn't get the cows through it. Wayne was sick with a cold but came to help, and carried Gary piggy-back through the water and brought Gary and the cows home. The thing that impressed Gary is that Wayne cared enough to be watching for him, and to be so ready to help. Joyce remembers him giving her rides on old Flax, and how he would go down in the field to tend water. Thinking he was alone he would sing and yodel. You could hear him up at the house. The neighbors would come outside and listen. He had a beautiful voice. We all remember what a hard worker he was and how he would do everything to perfection. Glen & Chuck Anderson always wanted him to run the Jackson fork when they put up their hay because Wayne handled it so well. He came to visit us one fall and I let him plant grain. He really loved that. (Chrissy) Wayne was a great Grandfather. The times that I will always remember well were the times that if I needed to go somewhere and nobody else could take me, he was always there. When I needed to go to the orthodontist he was there to take me, he was there with me when I got my braces off. Anytime that we went to his apartment or got in his truck, he would always have some kind of candy that he would give us. He was a kind and generous grandfather and I will always remember him for that. His granddaughter Chrissy (Rebekah) The things that I will always remember about him, was when my Mom and Dad would leave to go on trips. He would always stay with us. If I wanted to go to the mall he would take me and pick me up. If I had to go somewhere he would take me. When ever we went over to his apartment he would always offer us candy and pop. I will always love him and remember him. By his granddaughter, Rebekah Ann Kuwana (WenDee) The memory I'll remember the most about my Grandpa is staying the night at his apartment, when he lived here. I would go over there almost every weekend, We would go out to eat and stay up late talking. He make a great friend and a good listener. His Grand-daughter, Wendee (Sandy) The things I remember most about dad was his love for life. I was only four when he took me on the octopus at Tautphaus Park. I loved every minute of it. When he would take me horse back riding, I always sat in front of him. He loved horses very much. When I was nine he took Sherann and I fishing just below the American Falls Dam several times. He loved to fish. When we went back to Oklahoma six years ago, he made sure we had a lot of fun and even though he shouldn't have, he rode on the rides at the amusement park, and did more walking than he should have, to make sure we saw everything at the zoo. Sandy Thanks to everybody for their phone calls and their visits.. it's times like this that you learn how much strength good friends bring. OBITUARY ..... Wayne R Higgins, 57, a former resident of the Thomas area, died Sunday, June 17, 1990, in mid- west, Oklahoma., of diabetes and cancer. Wayne was born April 9, 1932, in Blackfoot, the son of Arthur and Thelda Romriell Higgins. He attended elementary school in Rockford and High School in Thomas. He married Clara Mae Anderson in Nov. 2, 1951, in Blackfoot. They were later divorced. He later married Maxine Feist; Divorced. Married Myrna Williams. Divorced. He married Juanita Fish. They were later divorced. He was a member of the L D S Church and held the office of a Priest. He had worked for the Old Faithful Bottling Co. in Idaho Falls, then was manager of several service stations. He worked for a trucking company in Oklahoma and in a hardware store. He was a member of the Odd Fellows Lodge in Oklahoma and the Junior Posse in Salina, Utah. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and riding horses. He is survived by four daughters, Mrs. Craig (Sandra) Kuwana, of Idaho Falls, Mrs. Gordon (Sherann) Glorfield of Gresham, Ore., Mrs. Russell (Candace) Bishoff of Idaho Falls, and Debbie Higgins of Pocatello; three stepsons, John Dean Donaldson of Omaha, Neb., and James Donaldson and Melvin Lester Gifford, both of Midwest City, Okla.; two brothers, Eugene Higgins of Thomas (Rockford), and Gary Higgins of Orofino; three sisters, Mrs. Leora Walters, Mrs. Laverne Hawker, and Mrs. Joyce Jensen, all of Pocatello; eight grandchildren; one stepbrother, Kenneth Romriell of Homedale; six stepsisters, Mrs. Carol Ann Lybbert of Shelby Mont., Mrs Sharon Wright of Spanish Fork, Utah, Mrs. Phyllis Robinson of American Falls, Mrs. Maxine Paynter of Boise and Mrs. Neva Grimsrud of Lompoc, Cal. He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, George Higgins. Graveside funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Friday, June 22, 1990 at the Riverside-Thomas Cemetery by the Rev. Harry Bolwyn. Arrangements are under the direction of the Hill-Sandberg Funeral Home. Elaine remembers he belonged to the Junior Chamber of Commerce for awhile during the period of time of his first marriage. Family 1: Clara Mae Anderson -- md. Nov 2, 1951 Mrs. Craig (Sandra) Kuwana of Idaho Falls, Idaho Mrs. George (Sherann) Glorfield of Gresham, Oregon ? Maxine Feist Idaho Falls Candice Idaho Falls 6 mo. old when Wayne left them (Mrs. Russell (Candace) Bishoff Pearson ? Patricia Cabodie (Bowen, Higgins, Ashcroft, Bishoff, Pearson) ? XXX Debbie Higgins Pocatello Last Juanita Fish Stepsons: John Dean Donaldson James Donaldson Melvin Lester Gifford 4. Pat Married Ashcroft after Wayne. Julie was legally adopted by Ashcroft. (Ashcroft died in an accident when last baby was young) (She had 5 (?6) Children, to raise alone) ? Myrna Willaims told Pat that Wayne was still married to her (Myrna) when he met and Married Pat. Myrna said that he never divorced her or Maxine. Joyce Jensen called county courthouses and verified that Wayne's divorce from Myrna was final Aug 26 1963 and he married Pat Sept 13, 1963. Julie, Pat's Daughter WAS NOT illegitimate.

Life timeline of Wayne R. Higgins

Wayne R. Higgins was born on 9 Apr 1933
Wayne R. Higgins was 12 years old when World War II: Hiroshima, Japan is devastated when the atomic bomb "Little Boy" is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning. World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier. The vast majority of the world's countries—including all of the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most global war in history; it directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of total war, the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, blurring the distinction between civilian and military resources. World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 50 to 85 million fatalities, most of whom were civilians in the Soviet Union and China. It included massacres, the genocide of the Holocaust, strategic bombing, premeditated death from starvation and disease and the only use of nuclear weapons in war.
Wayne R. Higgins was 23 years old when Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California. The Disneyland Hotel is a resort hotel located at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, owned by the Walt Disney Company and operated through its Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products division. Opened on October 5, 1955, as a motor inn owned and operated by Jack Wrather under an agreement with Walt Disney, the hotel was the first to officially bear the Disney name. Under Wrather's ownership, the hotel underwent several expansions and renovations over the years before being acquired by Disney in 1988. The hotel was downsized to its present capacity in 1999 as part of the Disneyland Resort expansion.
Wayne R. Higgins was 31 years old when John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas, Texas; hours later, Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in aboard Air Force One as the 36th President of the United States. John Fitzgerald Kennedy, commonly referred to by his initials JFK, was an American politician who served as the 35th President of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963. He served at the height of the Cold War, and the majority of his presidency dealt with managing relations with the Soviet Union. As a member of the Democratic Party, Kennedy represented the state of Massachusetts in the United States House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate prior to becoming president.
Wayne R. Higgins was 44 years old when Star Wars is released in theaters. Star Wars is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It is the first film in the original Star Wars trilogy and the beginning of the Star Wars franchise. Starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew, the film focuses on the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia (Fisher), and its attempt to destroy the Galactic Empire's space station, the Death Star.
Wayne R. Higgins was 57 years old when Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall: East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall, allowing its citizens to travel to West Berlin. The Berlin Wall was a guarded concrete barrier that physically and ideologically divided Berlin from 1961 to 1989. Constructed by the German Democratic Republic, starting on 13 August 1961, the Wall cut off West Berlin from virtually all of surrounding East Germany and East Berlin until government officials opened it in November 1989. Its demolition officially began on 13 June 1990 and finished in 1992. The barrier included guard towers placed along large concrete walls, accompanied by a wide area that contained anti-vehicle trenches, "fakir beds" and other defenses. The Eastern Bloc portrayed the Wall as protecting its population from fascist elements conspiring to prevent the "will of the people" in building a socialist state in East Germany.
Wayne R. Higgins died on 17 Jun 1990 at the age of 57
Grave record for Wayne R. Higgins (9 Apr 1933 - 17 Jun 1990), BillionGraves Record 6103180 Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho, United States