Robert Stratton Wright

22 Aug 1926 - 13 Jan 2010


Robert Stratton Wright

22 Aug 1926 - 13 Jan 2010
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Robert S. Wright was born on 22 August 1926 to Robert John Wright and Margaret Stratton Wright. He was born in the family home at 600 W. 1600 N., Orem, Utah. His mother said he was at least 11 pounds. He was born on Sunday. He was last to be born in a family of six other children. Emma, Eva, Beulah,
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Robert Stratton Wright
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Robert Stratton Wright

Married: 5 Jun 1946

Benjamin Cemetery

8435 S 3200 W
Benjamin, Utah, Utah
United States


Loved you once, Love you still, Always have, Always will


June 2, 2011


June 1, 2011

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Robert Stratton...

We found more records about Robert Stratton Wright.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Robert Stratton


Robert Stratton Wright is buried in the Benjamin Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Robert Stratton Wright History

Contributor: doddemagen Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Robert S. Wright was born on 22 August 1926 to Robert John Wright and Margaret Stratton Wright. He was born in the family home at 600 W. 1600 N., Orem, Utah. His mother said he was at least 11 pounds. He was born on Sunday. He was last to be born in a family of six other children. Emma, Eva, Beulah, Letha, John, Glora, and they all called him Bobbie. The girls said that all cute little boys were named Bobbie he was really welcomed into this family, and spoiled a lot. Whatever he wanted the girls made sure he got it. When he was learning to walk they would clear a path on the kitchen table and he would walk from one end to the other. He was breast feed for about two years and could not go to sleep as a child unless he had his hands on his mother's breast. When he was being toilet trained his mother let him ‘pee’ in the coal bucket. It became such a habit that in later years he would catch himself going to the coal bucket to ‘pee’. He was raised on a farm mostly fruit trees, a cow, chickens, and horses. They had acres of raspberries, tomatoes, sugar beets, and other crops. As a young boy he went to the Farmer's market in Salt Lake City with his parents. That was a good way to sell produce at that time. Now days the roads are full of fruit stands and even Farmer's markets in many towns. The old Salt Lake market is long gone. Times were tough in those days. Bob's mother was very frugal in running a household. She was a wonderful cook and always had food in the table at a very low cost. Bob's dad was the breakfast cooker for everyone. It was always hot, with meat, eggs, potatoes and gravy. Diet food was never heard of then, the more grease and butter the better the taste. Everyone was always well fed and full. Every Sunday was homemade ice cream day. Everyone came home for that ice cream party (no electric freezer) it was all done by hand. The family’s favorite pet dog was always there to greet everyone. He only had three legs but was always loved by the family. His name was “Ring”. He sleep on a bed next to Bob. He even got his sheets changed each week. Bob was a lover of farm life however he liked animals better than the fruit farm. He always wanted a dairy farm but could never talk to his dad into building one. His dad died in a 18 December 1956 at 71 years of age. A few years after his father passed away he got tired of the family living from crop to crop and so he decided to finally build a dairy farm that he had wanted for so many years. He started with a small dairy behind his childhood home on 1600 North in Orem. He started with 17 cows and increased it slowly every year after that. After a few years they needed more room and so he bought some land in Lindon a few miles from his farm and built a new dairy there. It took a lot of hard work through the years. Sometimes 18 hours a day to get it all done. At that time he was still farming and taking care of Orchard work besides. In 1957 we built a home next to his childhood home, (two blocks East of our first little home) where his mother was still living. Bob was very quiet and shy and he was a good listener, and had little to say. He was a hard worker and happier when he was in the process of a new project. When Geneva Steel open up just down the road from the farm, he decided he could make more money working there than on the farm. He went and signed up for a job. Finally when they called him to come to work he decided he could not leave his dad and the farm. There were many times that we lived on almost nothing, especially from winter to spring. There was a grocery store called Wilburgs. They would let us run up a bill for groceries throughout the year, then when the new crop of fruit would sell in the fall we would always pay it off. Now we have a credit card, they were never even heard of then. One of Bob's favorite pastimes was to go swimming in the canal. It came through Gillman's orchard on 1600 N. I guess you could call it “skinny-dipping” because they had no clothes on. As time went on and there were too many people around they had to wear swimsuits but it was never as much fun as “skinny-dipping”. It got so the police would patrol the area and put a stop to everyone swimming. Bob's friends consisted of many young men that lived on 1600 north and also in the old sixth Ward. The Gillman's were older than him but he chummed with them some. His friends were Dean Gillman, Glade Gilman and Harley Gillman, Kay Whitley, Jesse Ash, Leon and Stan Hansen, Orval Klander, and Gene Richins. He didn't like school, and because he wanted to be with his dad working on the farm, he spent most of his time at home. He didn't finish school quitting when he was in the 9th grade so he could help his father full time on the farm. He was called to the army but was turned down because of a hernia. He later had a hernia operation. The December before we were married he had an appendix attack. His appendix broke and he was in great trouble. He was in the hospital for 10 days. Antibiotics had just come in and they fill him full he was really sick, and was lucky to make it. His mother said he asked for me at that time so I spent some time visiting him in the American Fork Hospital. She told him if you like that girl a lot you better get married. It was February 13, 1946 that he gave me a ring. He was always very possessive of me and still is after all those years. At the time of our marriage things were a lot cheaper than they are now. A gallon of milk was 70 cents, a loaf of bread was 10 cents, gallon of gas was 16cents, a pound of bacon was 58 cents, the average income per year was $2875. A new car was $980 and a new two bedroom home was $9850. Our first small two-bedroom house cost about $3-$4000. Some of the music that we liked when we were young was, Sentimental Journey, Till the end of time, Candy, If I loved you, Don't fence me in, Rum and Coca-Cola, Chicory chick, There I've said it again, Prisoner of love, To each his own, I'm a big girl now, Five minutes more, Old buttermilk sky and Personality. Bob grew up in a democratic home his mother loved President Truman and thought he was wonderful. (My father didn’t like him much) what a difference in politics between the two families. Some things don’t change. I thought I was about through with Bob’s history as a boy but he woke me up early one morning and had so many things to tell me. He had two horses, **** and Don. They were a good pulling team but old Don was spooky. He run away a lot and after they would run away he always knew they would be able to rest all day. When Bob was 16 he went deer hunting on Timpanogas. He was with his brother-in-law, Roy Ash. Roy’s brother Owen Ash, and several others. During the day a bad snowstorm came up. Bob and his horse came down off the mountain. Four of the guys including: Owen Ash, and three others went up on some cliffs. Roy was behind Bob and came off the mountain. The four guys couldn't get off the mountain as it was storming so badly that they lost their direction and three of them died. That was a bad experience for Bob. He never cared to go hunting after that. Because he had dropped out of school in the ninth grade and didn't graduate. A teacher had told him that he wouldn't amount to much actually his expression was that he wouldn’t amount to a “hill of beans”. He never forgot that comment and told me about it often. I think he was hurt because he knew there were other things besides school that could make a person successful. This gave him the incentive to even try harder than ever to be successful at farming. Once in the third grade he and the Hooley boys crawled into an air vent at the school. All the plaster was off the restroom wall. Through a hole in the wall they could see into the bathroom stalls. One girl happened to be using the toilet, as she was sitting there they tickled her butt with a weed (which I’m sure scared her to death). His favorite teacher in elementary school was Fern Harris. She lived to be 100 years old. I'll bet if she had known about what they did she would have kept them locked up. He was definitely not a little angel. . We were engaged on February 13 of 1946. We were on our way to a high school basketball game when he proposed. We had talked earlier about getting married and Bob tells the family that I said I needed a ring first so that's when it all started. I can't say it was a really exciting proposal or even a surprise. Back in those days it was a wonderful thing to even get a ring especially one that was paid for. About two weeks before we were to get married, we were going to Price with Leon Hansen to get his girlfriend Beverly Peacock. They were going to get married just a week later than us. We were going to Salt Lake to buy some furniture for the both of us. As we were traveling down the canyon into price we wrecked the car and totaled it. He was going around the curve too fast and ran into the back of a flatbed truck. Bob didn't get one scratch on him. Leon got a bad cut on his face. I was in the middle with Bob's arm around me when we hit I was thrown into the dashboard and received a bad broken nose. I was in the hospital for about three days with two black eyes and black knees. We couldn't postpone the wedding so I got married with a big strip of tape across my nose. The day of our marriage June 5, 1946, there was 48 brides with no air conditioner in the Salt Lake Temple and it was near 100° that day outside. We couldn't go on a honeymoon because Bob had to haul hay the next day. Bob had money in the bank and we could've had a honeymoon but his work commitment always came first to Bob. We started out our married life in the basement of Bob's parents home. We had the kitchen and bedroom it was comfortable but we had to go upstairs to the bathroom. I washed our clothes in an old washer with a close ringer on it. Every time I plugged it in I got shocked. We heated our living area with hot water pipes that were running to the old radiators upstairs. It was not so handy but we got by. We lived there until Bill our oldest child was one year old. He was born April 20, 1947. We named him William Hawkins Wright. We then moved into a small home about two blocks west. It had one bathroom and two small bedrooms and living room and the kitchen it was a very small box house. But it was our first home and we felt blessed to have it. I thought I was in heaven and that was the happiest time of our life. Judy was born April 2, 1950. Her full name is Judy Marie Wright. We didn't have much and no money but we were happy. We lived in that little home for eight years. We've then sold our home to Alf and Cleta Cherrington. They moved to Orem from Panguitch. He was a carpenter so we asked him to build our second home which was next door to Bob's childhood home where his mother was living. We had to move before our home was built so back into the basement we went. We helped with the building of our new home. I was very busy in our Ward. I started to put together some history and picture books on our family. I hardly had time to think as I was also singing at funerals and various programs. I love to sing and have a strong alto voice. Bob was building a new dairy and a cold storage unit to help preserve the fruit that we picked. That was also a very happy time for us as Bob loved being kept busy working on the farm with as many projects as he could find. We finally finished the dairy and apple storage. Bob always thought he had to do all the milking night and morning. No vacations and for the first time we had a little milk check every other week to help provide for our family. We were so happy to get a paycheck every two weeks. Jed our third child was born November 2, 1961. What a surprise as we didn’t think we could have another child. We first sold milk to Al Harris in Salt Lake. Then we sold to Meadow Gold. We then found a new supplier which was Winder Dairy. In 1977, we finally had to sell all of our property in Orem and move our dairy to Elberta, Utah. We bought 1000 acres built a new dairy, expanded our herd and grew our own feed. At this time Bob's mother was still living. She was in poor health and had to be moved to a care center. We bought his mother's home and a small portion of land behind and also a few acres against the highway. We paid $22,000 at the time. Bob's mother had land East of the Hwy. We had a partnership and paid for the care center from the payments on the home for five years until it was paid off. The rest was sold and each grandchild got their share of money. At that time the only living sibling of Bob was Beulah. We lived on the farm in Elberta for 30 years. We rented Mother's home for several years before finally selling it and the home has since been torn down. It was really sad to see our family home tore down only to be a memory. We are so grateful for the fond memories that were created there for our family. We took the money from the sale of mom's home and bought an apartment in St. George Utah. As Bill grew older we and worked harder on the farm we gave him a third of the dairy. Bill ran the farm with his father and when Jed became old enough he also worked with them. Jed loved the land and Bill loved the dairy. The boys didn't get along very well and Bill eventually bought Jed out when the farm in Elberta was sold. More land was bought at this time near Holden Utah. A place called McCornick. A new dairy was constructed at a small home was built for us. Bob had a stroke in the year 2000 which nearly took his life. He lost all feeling in his right side and has never walked since the stroke. This has been very hard on him as he could no longer take care of the cows and the dairy which he loved so dearly. It has been hard for him to talk and communicate with others since his stroke. Every day since his stroke he has loved having me drive him around the farm and take a look at the cows. Bill and his wife Kathy had 10 children. And so far have 18 grandchildren. Judy and her husband Bill have 7 children with 20 grandchildren. That makes 37 great grandchildren for us and one on the way. Jed had one boy but never married. We have stayed in pretty good contact with his son Jacob over the years. As of 2008 Bob is 82 years old and I am 80. In June 2009 we will celebrate 63 years since we were married. We have always been blessed we love the Lord and are grateful for the church. Prayer is more part of our life now than ever before. We have faith and know for sure the path we should follow to return home and be with our Savior. We have a very diverse family but we love them all and they are all wonderful. Recently we have been reading the Book of Mormon and loving it. Bob is unable to do much but he loves me to read to him. And when we think our problems are bad we are reminded through the Scriptures how blessed we really are. It is comforting to know that when we make wrong choices we can make it better through repentance. Since writing this history Bobby's had another stroke. We moved next door to our daughter Judy in St. George. Since then he has been in the hospital twice. This time the stroke was on the opposite side of the brain it took a lot more of his speech and he is much weaker than before. He is now in the care center because I can no longer care for him home. He is very unhappy and it has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. He knows that he will never be at home with me again and that is very sorrowful for both of us. I try to visit with him each day and feed him his dinner and read to him as much as possible. I hope the Lord won't let him suffer too much in this life. We are still blessed I can go every day and visit him and sometimes take him for a ride to get his favorite hamburger at Wendy’s. I bring him home each Sunday for dinner and also to visit with the family. I'm only a couple miles away from him and recently moved him to the care center called the Beehive House. A few days ago I asked him where he would rather be here or with his mother and father he smiled and pointed up towards heaven. He is not afraid of death and prays the Lord would take him home soon. We both think that there are many things harder than death and I have to agree that death is sweet. But no matter what happens in our life we will try to endure it well. What a wonderful assurance to know that we can be together forever. I wanted you kids to know a few more things about grandpa Wright. He was always fair in his dealings with others, honest, sincere and kind. If you ever got a compliment from grandpa you know he meant it. He was a man of few words and never told the family the love he really had for all. He told me and I know how dearly he loved all of you. He was always kind with me and very loving. If he could he would tell you that 62 years of marriage hasn't always been a bed of roses. We have had our problems in our life but always blessed immensely. We have had a comfortable life together. He worked hard and provided for all of us well. Grandpa does have a testimony within and has been a full tithe payer most of his life. We were called to work in the Temple before he had his stroke in 2000. He worked for five years in the baptismal font at the Provo Temple. We spend several years traveling with our good friends, Harley & Mary Gillman and Wayne and Colleen Bateman. He loved BYU football and went to many games in different areas. He still watches them on TV and is an avid fan. We both are pleased with what the beehive house care center has done for him. It is the place you would all be happy with. Of coarse he would rather be home with me but that is just not possible at this time, as I am getting too old and he is too weak for me to care for anymore. Whenever I visit him he stores up all his kisses and freely gives them to me. One day I asked Bob what more he wanted me to tell his family about himself and he said “ just tell in my history that he loved me their mother.” I wrote a few words in my journal in 1979 about Bob and the way I feel about him. “Our Family” First it begins with dad He is the kindest and lovingest man A wife has ever had He loves me and his children to For us there is nothing he wouldn't do We want him to know that we love him so We hope that we all will be worthy To be with him throughout all eternity

Lois Wright History

Contributor: doddemagen Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

The first thing I want to say is, if you start a journal or a history, keep adding on regularly. Life does not stand still and it is so hard to start over where you left off a long time ago. So many wonderful things happen the years you missed and you can't remember, trust me because I know now that I'm trying to catch up. Last year I worked on grandpa's history for a Christmas gift and some of the kids said I left out how we met. Well I went over in the summer to pick raspberries, that is how we met and I ended up being a berry boss for 25 years. It is not that romantic but at least he knew I could work hard. He still thinks I was worth it I was the best berry picker her ever had. One thing for sure is that I always knew that he loved me no matter what. What ever happened in our life I knew that I had him for security. It is so hard to go back and catch up on everything. I am starting this history with a history that I had written back in 1958. I'm adding a few things to this history and a few of my feelings, if I make mistakes that is just me and my weaknesses of putting names and things together. I also revised my history in 1994. I was born on 22 March 1928 in Springville, Utah. My parents were Ivan Hawkins and Edith Simmons Hawkins. When I was born I only had one older brother Junior who was born on May 6, 1926. Pictures were not taken much at the time and especially in my family because we were so poor. I only have one picture of me in my younger years at about age one. Shortly after being born my parents moved to Benjamin Utah back on the family farm where I lived until 18 years of age. As a child I spent many happy hours at my grandparents place. Charles Eli and Clara Ludlow Hawkins they had 13 children and raised a grandchild, Star H. Brockbank. There home was always open to one more. I had two aunts that were living at home and I became close to them. They were Aunt Eva and Aunt Clara which I only knew as "Toots". I grew up in a happy home we were poor but always had enough to eat and my mother was a very good common cook. She was always fixing three meals a day breakfast, dinner and supper our hot meal being at noon. Dad was a farmer so he was always around for the meals. My mother never worked out of the home. She provided a nice clean and neat home for us all. She was a help to dad on the farm. We raised pet lambs she raised poll beans that she would sale also a flock of chickens for eggs to buy groceries. We would separate the cream in the old cream separator and sold it to the Shepherd creamery in Payson for a little pin money. My mother always had a little money and we called it "the money in the stock" this provided us for some extras now and again. Nobody ever knew where it was or how much it just gave her a little security in those poor years. It stayed with here all her life even when she received her social security. My life was very normal as a child my brother teased me like all boys do but if he didn't I was asking him to tease me more. We were close because we ended up being the only two children in our family. My mother had poor health and lost full time and part time babies. Our home was always open to our friends and we had many over the years. We spent many hours playing, swimming fun games with the neighbors. Carol, Clifford and Jack Clark were some we played with a lot. I played more with Clifford because I was a tom boy and Carol was more a house person and loved to read. Jack was just a little tag-a-long. As I grew older and went to high school I made different friends. My Benjamin friends were, Grace Sheppard, Barbara Hansen, Theone Stewart, Peggy Lundell and others. The boys were important too, George Parkinson, Marion Wride, Ron Stewart, Paul Stewart, Ray Ludlow and others. Our lives then were care free and not full of strife although we did work in the fields thinning beets and topping them and hauling them on to a truck. I rode the horse on the derrick which was not my favorite job because I could never stop the derrick on the spot that they wanted it. I herded sheep, picked beans, cherries and later raspberries. I was never allowed to sleep in, even on a Saturday. That was mom’s day to clean come rain or shine; it was always called Saturday’s work. Monday was wash day and I am sure that it didn’t vary much. If mom had to be gone that day she would get up early to wash and hang the clothes on the line. I went to school at Benjamin Grade school 1-8 grades. 9th grade was at Spanish Fork Jr. High then on to the high school 10th, 11th, and 12th. Benjamin was a very small town and most everyone farmed a little land. We had a small grocery store run by the Parkinson Family. A garage was run by the Wrestring family and later by Earl and Reta Brown. We had one ward and one school. The majority of the family’s in Benjamin consisted of the Johnson's, Ludlow’s, Stewart's, Hands, Hansen’s, Shepherd’s, Parkinson’s, Hawkins, Wride's, Seline's, Reynolds, Wrides, and Lundells. There were a lot of Hones that lived in our town too. We were all related somehow but if we were not it seemed as though we were. It was a close knit town and many were the salt of the earth people. I loved them all and each one had an influence on my life as I grew up. We did have a swimming pool which many towns didn’t have at that time. It was called Arrowhead Park. I was baptized there on the 7th day of June 1936. I also spend a lot of hours at my grandmother Simmons in Payson. My mother had four sisters and three brothers and they spend a lot of time getting together especially the girls. We always went to Payson on Memorial Day and Payson Onion Days. We also went to the park in Payson on Sunday nights for a band concert which to this day still takes place. My Grandfather Simmons died when my mother was about 3 or 4 and left a whole family of children. It was such hard times for them. Grandmother Simmons worked hard to provide for her little family. She would take in washing and also worked making hats in a hat factory also selling Excelsis which was a popular brand of makeup. She did everything she could to make a living. She taught me to like Mormon tea which consisted of hot water, canned milk and sugar. My cousin Bonnie and I used to get lots of Mormon tea. Grandma had a little dish that always had gum and candy in it which I visited regularly. She had a little old home that I remember well. How grateful I am for those memories of my grandparents. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of their hardships and how easy we have it now with all the modern conveniences. One thing I do know is that they were very happy to have what they had at that time. They did have hardships but not of the same nature that we have in today’s world. I was a happy child when I was growing up and enjoyed everything and everyone. I had fun in grade school with good teachers like Miss Cloward who later in her years married a Mr. Ludlow from Spanish Fork. I loved her dearly. We had a little doll playhouse in the classroom and made little rugs on a spool with the thread for it. She let us take her hair down from a big braid and we would brush her hair during lunch hour. I thought she was great. I also had Mrs. Stark a very good teacher. Mr. Walker and Mr. Millet who preferred music over math and English. Maybe that is why I love anything to do with music. Music is really a wonderful language that God had given us which is a good way to sing praises unto him and others. I have always liked good music. All of my family back to my great grandparents loved music and played instruments like piano, trumpet, trombone, drums etc. They all had music ability. Most all of my grandchildren play and sing. I remember taking part in an opera called Taffy Ann. I had the lead and it was a fun experience for me. That was in Grade School. I graduated from primary in June of 1940. I then thought I was big stuff and I was all grown up. Grace Sheppard and I used to sing duets a lot. Mr. Millet played for us but sometimes Grace would play her guitar. Her family of ten children were so musical they all sang and played guitar. I remember all of my birthday parties. One in particular was at school. Some boy’s mother bought me some underpants and of course we had to get up in front of the room and show our presents. I was so embarrassed. I think that was my last birthday party as a child. I got my growth fast and was always about a head taller than all the boys. I didn’t like that because when we danced in school or at church functions I was always looking down at the boys but that changed quick as I got older. I started school in Spanish Fork in 9th grade. I made a few new friends and we stayed together through High School. My two closest friends were Grace and Barbara, both have moved away to California but I keep close contact with them. We took 4-H and all made dresses alike one year for the 4th of July. My childhood sweetheart was George Parkinson who I thought I would marry for sure. We had many silly dates and kissing parties called post office. Every birthday party we ended up playing post office. It makes me laugh to think about those days. I later dated Ron Stewart, Ken Pineager, Reed Warner and a few others. Eventually I married my husband of 63 years Doris Francis Hanks is now serving a mission at the Joseph Smith Building in Salt Lake City. Loa Jean Swenson Swartz is living in Spanish Fork. Elaine Dixon married and lives in California. Debbie Argyle Johns lives in Wells, Nevada. Nedra Dart Swenson lives in Benjamin. We later had about 15 in our crowd of girls and we continue to get together once in a while after we all married and went our separate ways. I graduated May 24 1946 from Spanish Fork High School and Seminary. I was engaged in February 13th 1946 to Robert Stratton Wright from Orem and was married on the 5th of June of that same year. It was a special day we drove to the temple with about 48 other brides. We were married by Jessie W. Knight. It was so hot that day and we had no air conditioning in the temple. It seemed like a very long day and I was real nervous like all brides are. We were endowed, married and sealed all in the same day. We stayed at Covey’s Little America and went to the show that night. One thing I really remember is that it only cost us 5 dollars for a room. Hard to believe when I think of what it cost today. We didn’t have a honey moon because Bob had to haul hay. I regret that! The farm always had to come first but we have had many honey moons since then. We left Salt Lake on the 6th of June to come to Benjamin to get ready for our reception. I should make note that it was my mothers 43rd birthday and Bob’s parents 39th wedding anniversary. We had a very nice wedding and dance with many friends and relatives attending. We stayed in Benjamin that night and the next day moved to Orem on a new adventure and a life together. We moved into the basement of Bob’s parent’s home for two years. We had a baby boy William Hawkins Wright born April 20th 1947. When he was a year old we moved to a new small home about 2 blocks away. We were given a small building lot by Bob’s parents and had a home moved on the lot by a company called Ketchum’s. It had two bedrooms a kitchen, front room and one bath. I remember the old cook stove. Most everything was given to us in the way of carpet and furniture all but a kitchen set and a bedroom set which we bought. It was here that I feel we were the happiest. We were poor so I guess we lived on love until we started milking cows and getting a regular pay check. While living in our small home we had a baby daughter Judy Marie Wright born 2nd of April 1950. I’ll never forget the look on Bill’s face when he saw her. I can never explain it but can still see it to this day. We had our ups and downs some days good and some not so good but we always made the best of what we had and look back as it being the happiest days in our marriage. We sold our little home and moved back into the basement in May of 1958. We started to build a new home next door to Bob’s parents. It was on 612 West 1600 North in Orem. That was the busiest time in my life with church callings, building our home, writing and putting together histories and books for my children. This history was started at that time. As I have said that my main interest in life at that time was church work, family and building a home. My family has always come first in my life and continues to be that way. Well we finally moved into our new home and we were busy farming, milking cows, growing fruit and doing all the things pertaining to our work on a farm. We didn’t have a vacation only about once in ten years. The biggest vacation we had was a day and a night and home the next day from Yellowstone. It was so short that we didn’t get to see old faithful erupt or see a bear come across the road. Our new home was completed and we moved in the 21st of May 1959. I loved moving into a new home even though our first home was new it didn’t have all the modern things that my second home did. I took a lot of pride in my home at this time. Bill was in Jr. High and Judy in 4th grade. In the year 1969 November 2nd we had a new baby boy, Jed Robert Wright, weighting in at 8 lbs 11 oz. We had waited so long for him that we really welcomed his arrival. Judy had wanted a little sister so she was a little disappointed so she always tried to put him in a girls dress and a curler in the top of his hair. Jed was a loved baby and was best if everyone just left him alone but he was played with a lot. He didn’t have many patience as a baby he wouldn’t take a binky and when he was hungry you better have his food ready. As he grew up he loved the tractor and spent many hours riding with his dad. He may wonder why we came up with the name Jed. It was Bob’s idea. He wanted a name that was short so he wouldn’t get a nickname. The first time we took him to church our friend Harley Gillman came up to us and said, “Well there’s little Jedediah”! I really encourage all of you to keep a journal or history. I remember a few years after my mother and dad died I wanted to go to the home they lived in and where I grew up. At that time some one was renting it but they were nice enough to let me come in. As I walked around in the home it was not the same. I had a disappointed feeling as it was not the same as it was when I lived there and when mom and dad were there. I realized then that it was not just the home but it was a desire to be with my family and feel the love that I felt when with them when they were alive. Even though the home was not the same the memories hadn’t changed. That is the importance of family for all of us to remember. I have a strong testimony of the gospel. The church is perfect but sometimes we as mortals with many frailties don’t always see that it is perfect but I am seeing it more and more all the time. I know that God lives and Jesus is our brother our Savior and our Redeemer. He died for our sins and wants us to live a more perfect life as he did. I am far from perfect but I try to repent and overcome the mistakes I have made. And because of my Savior and His atonement I feel like I can be forgiven. I do want all of you to know of my testimony and hope you always remember that. I love you all and am happy for all the good things you do. This history was written by Lois Wright in 2009.

Life timeline of Robert Stratton Wright

Robert Stratton Wright was born on 22 Aug 1926
Robert Stratton Wright was 13 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
Robert Stratton Wright was 15 years old when World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy made a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, intending to neutralize the United States Pacific Fleet from influencing the war Japan was planning to wage in Southeast Asia. World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier. The vast majority of the world's countries—including all of the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most global war in history; it directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of total war, the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, blurring the distinction between civilian and military resources. World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 50 to 85 million fatalities, most of whom were civilians in the Soviet Union and China. It included massacres, the genocide of the Holocaust, strategic bombing, premeditated death from starvation and disease and the only use of nuclear weapons in war.
Robert Stratton Wright was 27 years old when Jonas Salk announced the successful test of his polio vaccine on a small group of adults and children (vaccination pictured). Jonas Edward Salk was an American medical researcher and virologist. He discovered and developed one of the first successful polio vaccines. Born in New York City, he attended New York University School of Medicine, later choosing to do medical research instead of becoming a practicing physician. In 1939, after earning his medical degree, Salk began an internship as a physician scientist at Mount Sinai Hospital. Two years later he was granted a fellowship at the University of Michigan, where he would study flu viruses with his mentor Thomas Francis, Jr.
Robert Stratton Wright was 39 years old when Thirty-five hundred United States Marines are the first American land combat forces committed during the Vietnam War. The United States Marine Corps (USMC), also referred to as the United States Marines, is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for conducting amphibious operations with the United States Navy. The U.S. Marine Corps is one of the four armed service branches in the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and one of the seven uniformed services of the United States.
Robert Stratton Wright was 46 years old when Munich massacre: Nine Israeli athletes die (along with a German policeman) at the hands of the Palestinian "Black September" terrorist group after being taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games. Two other Israeli athletes were slain in the initial attack the previous day. The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, in which the Palestinian terrorist group Black September took eleven Israeli Olympic team members hostage and killed them along with a West German police officer.
Robert Stratton Wright was 54 years old when Mount St. Helens erupts in Washington, United States, killing 57 people and causing $3 billion in damage. Mount St. Helens or Louwala-Clough is an active stratovolcano located in Skamania County, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. It is 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Portland, Oregon and 96 miles (154 km) south of Seattle, Washington. Mount St. Helens takes its English name from the British diplomat Lord St Helens, a friend of explorer George Vancouver who made a survey of the area in the late 18th century. The volcano is located in the Cascade Range and is part of the Cascade Volcanic Arc, a segment of the Pacific Ring of Fire that includes over 160 active volcanoes. This volcano is well known for its ash explosions and pyroclastic flows.
Robert Stratton Wright was 65 years old when The World Wide Web is opened to the public. The World Wide Web (WWW), also called the Web, is an information space where documents and other web resources are identified by Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), interlinked by hypertext links, and accessible via the Internet. English scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in 1989. He wrote the first web browser in 1990 while employed at CERN in Switzerland. The browser was released outside CERN in 1991, first to other research institutions starting in January 1991 and to the general public on the Internet in August 1991.
Robert Stratton Wright was 75 years old when The September 11 attacks, a series of coordinated suicide attacks killing 2,996 people using four aircraft hijacked by 19 members of al-Qaeda. Two aircraft crash into the World Trade Center in New York City, a third crashes into The Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, and a fourth into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. The September 11 attacks were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda against the United States on the morning of Tuesday, September 11, 2001. The attacks killed 2,996 people, injured over 6,000 others, and caused at least $10 billion in infrastructure and property damage. Additional people died of 9/11-related cancer and respiratory diseases in the months and years following the attacks.
Robert Stratton Wright died on 13 Jan 2010 at the age of 83
Grave record for Robert Stratton Wright (22 Aug 1926 - 13 Jan 2010), BillionGraves Record 7793 Benjamin, Utah, Utah, United States