Lars Jacobsen

22 Jan 1857 - 1 Nov 1936

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

Lars Jacobsen

22 Jan 1857 - 1 Nov 1936
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

History written by Silvea Ellen Jacobsen (daughter), transcribed by Teressa Robinson Street (great granddaughter). Matilda Malmstrom a daughter of Jacob Malmstrom and Sidse Peterson was born March 25, 1855 in Osley, Malmo, Sweden. Her parents were converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Da

Life Information

Lars Jacobsen


West Jordan City Cemetery

1251 W 7800 S
West Jordan, Salt Lake, Utah
United States


June 7, 2012

Kevin L. Rider

May 18, 2012

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Lars


Lars Jacobsen is buried in the West Jordan City Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Matilda Malmstrom

Contributor: smithc Created: 2 years ago Updated: 2 years ago

History written by Silvea Ellen Jacobsen (daughter), transcribed by Teressa Robinson Street (great granddaughter). Matilda Malmstrom a daughter of Jacob Malmstrom and Sidse Peterson was born March 25, 1855 in Osley, Malmo, Sweden. Her parents were converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1853. They sailed with the 104th Company to this country with 725 aboard on Monday April 11, 1859 in the ship William Tapscott. Summary of the voyage: "ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTH COMPANY. -- William Tapscott, 725 souls. On Monday, April 11th, 1859, the ship William Tapscott sailed from Liverpool, England with 725 British , Scandinavian and Swiss Saints on board. The Scandinavian portion of the company, consisting of 355 souls, had sailed from Copenhagen, Denmark, on the steamer L. N. Hvidt April 1st, 1859, in charge of Elders Carl Widerborg and Niels Wihelmsen, and reached Grimsby, England, on the sixth, after a rather long and stormy passage over the German Ocean. From Grimsby the emigrants continued by rail to Liverpool, when they, on the seventh, went on board the William Tapscott, and were joined by the British and Swiss emigrants. Elder Robert F. Nelsen was appointed president of the company, with Henry H. Harris and George Rowley as counselors. After going through the process of government inspection, clearing, etc., President Nelsen, in connection with his counselors, proceeded to organize the company into ten wards, namely, five English and five Scandinavian, appointing a president over each, to see to the faithful observance of cleanliness, good order, etc. The Scandinavian Saints occupied one side of the vessel, and the British and Swiss the other. The company was blessed with a most pleasant and agreeable voyage, which lasted only thirty-one days. The health of the passengers was exceptionally good, which was demonstrated by the fact that only one death occurred on board, and that was an old Swedish sister by the name of Inger Olsen Hagg, sixty-one years old, who had been afflicted for upwards of five years previous to her embarkation. This was counterbalanced by two births. In the matrimonial department the company did exceedingly well, as no less than nineteen marriages were solemnized on board; of these five couples were English, one Swiss and thirteen Scandinavian. Every day during the voyage the people were called together for prayer and every morning and evening at eight o'clock. On Sundays three meetings were held on deck, and fellowship meetings in each ward two nights a week. The monotony of the voyage was also enlivened with singing, instrumental music, dancing, games, etc. in which as a matter of course, the junior portion took a prominent part, while the more sedate enjoyed themselves in seeing and hearing the happifying recreations. Elder Neslen writes that he felt it quite a task when he was appointed to take charge of a company composed of people from so many countries, speaking nine different languages, and having different manners, customs, and peculiarities, and thrown together under such close circumstances; but through the faithfulness and diligence of the Saints, which were universally manifested, he soon found the load far easier than he had anticipated, and on the arrival of the company in New York, it was pronounced by doctors and government officers to be the best disciplined and most agreeable company that ever arrived at that port. Arriving safely in the New York harbor, the emigrants were landed in the Castle Gardens on Saturday, the fourteenth of May. On the same day, in the evening; most of them continued the journey by steamboat up the Hudson River to Albany, where they arrived the following morning. Thence they traveled by rail via Niagara to Windsor, in Canada, where they, on the sixteenth crossed the river to Detroit, and thence continued the journey by rail, by way of Quincy to St. Joseph, Missouri, where they arrived on the twenty-first. In the afternoon of that day they boarded the steamboat St. Mary which brought them to Florence, Nebraska, where they arrived on the twenty-fifth, in the morning. The whole route through the States was one which no former company of emigrating Saints had ever taken. Brother George Q. Cannon and those who assisted him in the emigrating business were quite successful in making arrangements for their transportation by rail direct to St. Joseph, instead of, as first contemplated, shipping them to Iowa City. On their arrival at Florence the Saints were organized into temporary districts and branches, with presiding officers over each, whose duty it was to look after the comfort and welfare of the people which encamped at that place. Prayer meetings were held regularly twice a week in most of these temporary branches. About fifty of the Saints who crossed the Atlantic in the William Tapscott stopped temporarily in New York and other parts of the United States. (Millennial Star, Vol. XXI, pp.286, 419; Morgenstjernen, Vol. III p.82)" Cont., 14:9 (July 1893), pp.436-37 Jacob Malmstrom's sister Ellen and husband Olof Larsen also immigrated to Utah at the same time and pushed a hand cart to Utah. Arriving in Utah Oct 1, 1859, they dug a hole in the side of the hill by the Murray Laundry and lived there for a year and then they moved down by the Bingham Smelter in East Jordan and lived there for 2 or 3 years until they got an adobe house built on Center Street in Midvale. They lived there until all of their children were married. Matilda was the oldest daughter and the was baptized by a gardner on June 25, 1864 in West Jordan. She was married on Feb 28, 1878 to Lars Jacobsen in the Old Endowment House which was located on the north west corner of the temple block.She had 9 children two of them being twins. Their names were: Joseph Alonzo, Willard Orson, Lorena Oret, Alma Sylvester, Silvea Ellen, Ethel May, Geneva, and twins Edgar and Eva Matilda. Matilda was always warned ahead if anything was going to happen. Her youngest son, Alma used to drive a high spirited horse and one night his father and mother were awakened out of a sound sleep by a big noise and they both heard the horse run into the yard at high speed and the cracking and crunching of timber like the buggy was all being broken to bits. So, Matilda and Lars jumped out of bed and ran out thinking that the horse had ran away with Alma. But, when they got outside, there wasn't anything out there. Alma wasn't home yet and he didn't come home for an hour after that. Not long after her dream, her daughter Ethel got married. They made lemonade in a new tin tub. There was some lemonade left in the tub over night. The following morning, Alma awoke and drank some of the lemonade. He died that afternoon at the age of 25 years old. Matilda knew he had 200 or 300 dollars and she didn't know where he had hid it. So, one night she had a dream and the next morning she said, "I had a dream last night and I know where that money is." She went out in the old log house and just as she went in, she put her hand under a log to the side of the door and there was the money, just as she had seen in her dream. She lived on a farm and was always busy making clothes and knitting stockings for the whole family. She had one brother that worked on the railroad and he fell in front of the train and his head was cut off. Another brother fell off of a load of hay and was killed! On June 13, 1885 her mother died. Later on, her father married Augusta Erickson and they had one son. Her father had a team of oxen to do the farming. One day on Feb 21, 1887, he drove them to Salt Lake and they ran away from him and he was killed. Matilda always made her own butter and a graham bread. The children for blocks away would come to eat and she always had plenty of graham bread, butter and honey which she gave them. She also raised a few chickens and when the relief society teachers came, she always gave them butter and eggs. She was always willing to help with the sick and donate to the poor as long as she was able to do so. In June, 1934 she passed away at the age of 79.

Silvea Ellen Jacobsen

Contributor: smithc Created: 2 years ago Updated: 2 years ago

My History by Silvea Ellen Hardman, transcribed by Teressa Robinson Street (granddaughter) Silvea Ellen Jacobsen was born in Union, Utah Sept 21, 1885 to Lars Jacobsen and Matilda Malmstrom. One of 9 children, 5 girls and 4 boys. We lived in Union in the same place all our lives. I was blessed May 6, 1886. I was baptized on Nov 1, 1893 in a big ditch to the side of the road by our home, by Brig Griffiths. I went to school in East Jordan. Later on it was called Midvale. We lived about a mile and a half from school and had to walk all but when we had a big blizzard and then dad would take us in the cart. In the winter he would take the wheels off the cart and put runners on it and bells on the horse and we would have a sleigh all winter and a cart in the summer. When our brother Joseph was about 18 years old, he would take Ethel and I for a ride in the sleigh, but when he went past his girl’s place, he would make us get down in the bottom of the sleigh and he threw the lab robe over our heads so his girl couldn’t see how white our hair was. We had to have that over us until we got past our home. Them days we sure didn’t like white hair and my hair was just as white as can be, but I kept thinking it was getting darker. One day my oldest sister Lorena came home and said, “I saw a girl as white as snow today, well, it was almost as white as Silvea’s.” and then I was done for a week. We had two rooms and a shanty and us four girls slept in one bed, 2 at the one end and 2 at the other. We had straw ticks and in the fall when the ticks were filled, we had a hard time staying on the bed. But, when we got older, father built 2 more rooms on and then grandmother came to stay with us. She stayed there for years until father’s sister Irena and uncle Andrew Hansen went to Canada to live and they took her with them and she never came back. When I was about 10 years old, the neighbor boy made a scrapbook and brought it over one morning before breakfast and said, “I want Silvea to have this book, and this is it.” His name was John Baloom. When I was about 15 years old we got a bike and I should learn to ride it. So, I got on it and went down the hill straight for the big ditch. I didn’t know how to turn it and I could see I was going in the ditch. So, I threw myself over sideways on the ground or I would have gone in the ditch and it was about 10 feet deep. We had to work in the beets and hay and grain. We used to get up at daybreak to help shock grain and then again after supper. By the light of the moon, until 12 o’clock at night. Dad used to haul hay to Salt Lake. One night when he came home, he brought an old man home that he picked up on the road. His name was Mosiah. He was tall and had snow white hair and a long white beard. He stayed at our home for a week or two at a time and he would eat whole dandelions and that amused us kids, so we would run out and get him dandelions. In the evening, he would sing songs. He sang one that impressed me very much it was about when Joseph and Hyrum Smith were killed. I’m sorry I can’t remember the tune. But these are the words: "Joseph and Hyrum both are gone, for them my heart doth weep and mourn. For while they were composed in jail, the robbers should those hero’s kill. The horror of the state was pledged, the governor gave his statement That he would see them safely through, ‘til they returned to Nauvoo. Soon as the governor disappeared, the mobbers up and vollunteered. Now the time for what we mean to do, while he is absent to Nauvoo. They were painted yellow, black and red, and oh the horrid deed they did. For truth will show and will not fail, how they were slain at Carthage Jail. Soon as they came to the jail door, the bullets from their guns did pour. Which brought poor Hyrum to the floor, a lying wilting in his gore. Joseph cried out, “Brother Hyrum.” and then he to the window flew As if determined to go through. The mobbers were gathered thick around, And shot him as he reached the ground. They left them withering in their gore, while earth and saints lament them sore. Their spirits have gone home to God, To plead the minits of their blood, unto the Father and the Son. While here on earth, this work goes on." Mosiah came once or twice a year for 2 or 3 years, and then we didn’t see him anymore. I guess he passed away. In the fall, after the thrashing was done, we had a big straw stack and we would dig a hole right through it and crawl on our hands and knees through the stack. But, dad didn’t know it, or he would have stopped us. Ethel went through once and Alma ran first to one hole and then around to the other one calling on her, he thought she had smothered. He could see the danger, but we were younger and didn’t realize it. But, he soon plugged the hole up after that. In 1901 and 1902, I was promoted from the 6th grade to the 7th grade on the 30th day of May 1902 and my teacher’s name was Christian Jensen and then for the years 1902 and 1903, I was promoted from the 7th grade to the 8th grade on the 5 June 1903 and I still had Christian Jensen for my teacher. Later on, he taught down to the BYU for years. At the end of the year 1904, I quit school and laid my books on the teacher’s desk and wrote this note, “Here lies these books, these worthy books, for someone else to overlook, for I have turned them o’re and o’re and never wish to turn them more.” So, the teacher read the note to the class and then came after me and talked until I decided to go back and graduate. So, on June 6, 1905 I graduated from the 8th grade and Clifford Goff was my teacher. In the fall of 1905 I went to Murray to work for Dr. Jones and I stayed there for about one year and 9 months. There was a dance hall just across the street and my sister Ethel and I used to dress alike and oh for the good times we had. I never used to miss a dance. I went with 34 different fellows in 3 months. I went with one fellow and he was no good. I had a dream that I was in a big bunch of white sheep and one black one would raise up and come straight for me. It didn’t make any difference where I was and I dreamed this same dream about the white sheep and one black one for 3 nights in a row and a stranger came to me and said, “Look out for that fellow.” So, from then on, I didn’t even look at him. In the spring of 1907, I met Wilford at the Salt Palace. He had a horse and buggy and one night while we were out riding, he couldn’t turn the horse so he got out to see what was wrong and the bit was out of the horses mouth and up on the side of his head and it was only a colt that he was breaking. We went together from July 1907 until Feb 1908 when we decided to get married. Instead of him coming out to get me, I decided to catch the train and go as far and Murray and meet him there. So, Ethel and I ran along the track for a mile to get to the depot. When we got there, I saw that I had lost my purse and it was just bulging with silver. We ran back about a half mile up the track and there it laid right in the middle of the track, but before we could get back to the depot, the train came. Then, we went along the road and an old man came along with an old horse and buggy and asked us if we wanted a ride. So, we got in with him and we could hear the buggy cracking, and before we went very far, the buggy broke in half and we almost died laughing. So, we got out and started walking again. When a man came along with a new buggy and a high spirited horse and it didn’t take us long to get to Murray. There I met Wilford and his brother Oscar and we went to Salt Lake to the City and County building and got married. His brother Oscar and my sister Ethel were with us. We lived in 2 furnished rooms by the Burton Coal yard for a month or two and then moved to 619 South 2nd West and lived there for 2 or 3 years. On April 22, 1909, Leona was born and Aunt Rose stayed with us. We used to play cards and go to the bicycle races at the Salt Palace. On Aug 4, 1909, Ethel got married and Aug 5th they had the wedding and they made punch in a new tub and then next morning, Alma drank some of the punch that had been left in the tub over night and he died that afternoon, August 6th 1909. He (Alma) ran away from home 2 different times and while he was in Oregon, he wrote to me. When he came home, he stayed down by the depot. When I went to school he asked me where dad was and I told him to wait down there until dad came past with a load of hay and he did and then he went up home to see mom and here are the letters he wrote: Dear Sister Sylvia, I got the letter this morning. I am glad to hear you are all well, and hope you feel like you said you did. I am working for the mormin saw mill. I get $1.75 a day and I have to pay fifteen a month for board. Andrew is working here two. He has bin very sick. I thought he was going to dy one night. He has been sick for about three weeks but he is well now. Next month I am going to lugrand [La Grand] to work on the sugar factory. Tell mother to take the harnace and keep it or sell it. I paid 40 dollars towards the bugy and the harnace paw got 75 for the buggy and that is all he paid for it. Here is plenty of work now. Where I am now, but I don’t like Oregon. I had a letter from Walter butterfield, he said his mother was coming up here to see how the land is. It will cost her $5.00 and she will not know anymore about this country when she gets home than before she seen it. If I couldn’t come and stay with Joseph before I don’t want to stay with I would rather work for $1.25 and pay 18 for board in the round house at Portland this winter and in the spring. I can have a job firing in the summer and get $75 a month. Tell Lorena to write to me soon or I will never own her as a sister. Surely she has time to write to me once. Anyhow, where does she work? Andrew has wrote home once hant they got it. Tell granmaw I would like to see home once more. Anyhow, I feel like she did when she left old country. I can’t feel satisfied with anything. Good buy for this time Baker City Oregon I still remain as your dear brother, Alma Jacobsen Write soon Tell maw that the next mony I get I will send it to her. Nov 3,1902 Dear Mother, I now with the greatest of pleasure write to you. I wrote a few days a go but I don’t get no answer. How is the weather home? It freezing 20 below zero here in Oregon. If you wish you can send me $10.00. I have no work, no money and have to freeze to death pretty soon. If you feel like sending $10.00 I can come to Salt Lake again. I don’t no where Andrew Poulsen is nor how he is fixed. I have got a hell of a cold now. This country isn’t good for Indians to live in let alone me. You can send me the money if you want. I can earn it in the smelter this winter and pay back. But if you dont send it I dont care. I am sick of life anyway. Your son Alma Jacobsen, Write soon You get it for because I might start for San Fransisco. Its 1200 miles west. There is to other fellows going there from Lugrand [La Grand, Or] Raymond was born in 1910 and then we moved down to Washington Street and lived there until we decided to buy the farm from Uncle Frank and then moved on the farm. We belonged to the Bluffdale ward. I went to Relief Society a few times in Bluffdale. Once when grandma went, she asked me to come up and bake for her. So, I did and I made 21 loaves and it was just as good as if grandma had done it herself, but I was wishing the kids would hurry and eat so I wouldn’t have so much bread. In 1913, Joseph was born and one afternoon when I went to sleep for an hour with the children, I dreamed that Leona came walking over to my bed all dressed in white and it wasn’t long until she was dressed in white, because on Jan 14, 1914, she died with Membranous Croup and just one month later Joseph died on Feb 14, 1914. Mrs. Davis from Lehi came and stayed a week or so. In the fall of 1915, we moved to Salt Lake for the winter and on Dec 20, 1915 Irene was born in Salt Lake City. In the spring, we went back to the farm. Once or twice a week, we would go up to grandpa’s and play cards. They used to love to play High 5. We used to go to dances in Lehi and take the kids with us. We would take a quilt and sit them in the corner on the bench while we danced. Many a time we used to go to the old school house and dance until 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning. Each family would take a cake and sandwiches and they would stop dancing long enough to have lunch at 12 o'clock midnight and then go on dancing. In 1919, we went through the temple and was sealed to the children we had lost. We went to Lehi one day in the winter and it was so cold and the snow was so deep that we couldn't get home for 2 days. We stayed over to Ada Allred's until we could get home. In the summer we used to go swimming in the canal, the two families, Herman Allred's and ours and then we had a weanie roast after but we finally quit because we couldn't learn to swim. In 1920, Edith and Ethel were born. Ethel weighed 3 and a half pounds and Edith only lived 11 hours. I had to keep Ethel in a wool blanket in August and just drop the milk in her mouth because she was so tiny and 6 weeks premature. I had Sarah Smith Anderson work for me and she would wash Irene’s head with the hair in braids and when got through, it was still in braids. The clothes that were dirty when I went to bed, were still dirty when I got up. When Ethel was almost 6 years old, I was sitting at the table one evening when we had just lit the lamp. Irene was sitting at the other side of the table. There were 3 big knocks came on the table. I could feel someone standing by the side of me and in a minute, the same 3 knocks came again and the dog started to bark and tried to get in the house. He knew there was someone in there. Then they knocked again and the dog barked and tried to get in again and they were still standing beside me. So, when Wilford and Raymond came in from out in the yard, they asked what the dog was barking at and when I told them, Raymond said, “You’re just imagining things.” But later, we went up to grandpa’s after water and the same thing happened to Raymond and as soon as the dog started to bark, Raymond left and ran out and got on his horse and came up to us. He would never stay in the house alone again. On Dec 9, 1928 Dona Lou was born and then in the next November, she took sick. Her kidneys had stopped working. One morning, she was in a coma and her diaper was dry. So, I sent for the elders and for the Dr and he said for us to take her to the hospital so we did. It was just two days before Thanksgiving and the Dr. said we would be home for Thanksgiving. I guess he thought she would be dead by then. But, about a week before that, I had a dream. I dreamed that I put on an old fashioned petticoat and big rats fell out of it and they were running all around. I took a stick and tried to kill them. But, the stick broke and then I got a brand new stick and then I could kill them as fast as they fell. So, when she had stayed in the hospital for two days and they kept pouring water in her until her stomach was all swollen and hard. I thought about my dream and pushed the nurse aside and said, “I can drown her at home.” So, I called the Dr. and told him and before we could get all our bills paid and get her ready to go out it was 5 o’clock at night and on her way out, she wet her diaper and then we stayed down to Ren Neves place all night. We called another baby Dr. from there and he said for us to take her back to the hospital the next morning so we did. She wet her diaper again and the nurse said, “What did you do?” But we still had Dr. Gill Richards because he said he wanted to stay and see the case through, but she was still a sick baby. She had convulsions for 2 weeks and she was blind and paralyzed on one side and her eyes were crossed and her mouth was up on one side of her face. Nothing but faith and prayer saved her life. There was a dark shadow over her. When they dedicated her, they asked for rest on earth or in heaven. She had been taking convulsions one right after another and they all quit and we saw her go right to sleep and rest. She was in the hospital for nearly four months and the baby specialist said she was the sickest baby he had ever seen that lived. He was the Dr. from the Holy Cross Hospital. He said, “That was the biggest miracle he had ever seen.”

Life timeline of Lars Jacobsen

Lars Jacobsen was born on 22 Jan 1857
Lars Jacobsen was 4 years old when American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces. The American Civil War was a war fought in the United States from 1861 to 1865. As a result of the long-standing controversy over slavery, war broke out in April 1861, when Confederate forces attacked Fort Sumter in South Carolina, shortly after U.S. President Abraham Lincoln was inaugurated. The nationalists of the Union proclaimed loyalty to the U.S. Constitution. They faced secessionists of the Confederate States, who advocated for states' rights to expand slavery.
Lars Jacobsen was 18 years old when Winston Churchill, English colonel, journalist, and politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1965) Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill was a British politician, army officer, and writer, who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. As Prime Minister, Churchill led Britain to victory in the Second World War. Churchill represented five constituencies during his career as Member of Parliament (MP). Ideologically an economic liberal and British imperialist, he began and ended his parliamentary career as a member of the Conservative Party, which he led from 1940 to 1955, but for twenty years from 1904 he was a prominent member of the Liberal Party.
Lars Jacobsen was 28 years old when Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain is published in the United States. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a novel by Mark Twain, first published in the United Kingdom in December 1884 and in the United States in February 1885. Commonly named among the Great American Novels, the work is among the first in major American literature to be written throughout in vernacular English, characterized by local color regionalism. It is told in the first person by Huckleberry "Huck" Finn, the narrator of two other Twain novels and a friend of Tom Sawyer. It is a direct sequel to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
Lars Jacobsen was 42 years old when Spanish–American War: The Treaty of Paris is signed, officially ending the conflict. The Spanish–American War was fought between the United States and Spain in 1898. Hostilities began in the aftermath of the internal explosion of the USS Maine in Havana Harbor in Cuba, leading to US intervention in the Cuban War of Independence. American acquisition of Spain's Pacific possessions led to its involvement in the Philippine Revolution and ultimately in the Philippine–American War.
Lars Jacobsen was 52 years old when Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of US$825. Ford Motor Company is an American multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. It was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated on June 16, 1903. The company sells automobiles and commercial vehicles under the Ford brand and most luxury cars under the Lincoln brand. Ford also owns Brazilian SUV manufacturer Troller, an 8% stake in Aston Martin of the United Kingdom, and a 49% stake in Jiangling Motors of China. It also has joint-ventures in China, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, and Russia. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is controlled by the Ford family; they have minority ownership but the majority of the voting power.
Lars Jacobsen was 60 years old when Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was forced to abdicate in the February Revolution, ending three centuries of Romanov rule. Nicholas II or Nikolai II, known as Saint Nicholas in the Russian Orthodox Church, was the last Emperor of Russia, ruling from 1 November 1894 until his forced abdication on 15 March 1917. His reign saw the fall of the Russian Empire from one of the foremost great powers of the world to economic and military collapse. He was given the nickname Nicholas the Bloody or Vile Nicholas by his political adversaries due to the Khodynka Tragedy, anti-Semitic pogroms, Bloody Sunday, the violent suppression of the 1905 Russian Revolution, the executions of political opponents, and his perceived responsibility for the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905). Soviet historians portray Nicholas as a weak and incompetent leader whose decisions led to military defeats and the deaths of millions of his subjects.
Lars Jacobsen was 71 years old when Walt Disney character Mickey Mouse premieres in his first cartoon, "Plane Crazy". Walter Elias Disney was an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and film producer. A pioneer of the American animation industry, he introduced several developments in the production of cartoons. As a film producer, Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards earned by an individual, having won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations. He was presented with two Golden Globe Special Achievement Awards and an Emmy Award, among other honors. Several of his films are included in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress.
Lars Jacobsen died on 1 Nov 1936 at the age of 79
Grave record for Lars Jacobsen (22 Jan 1857 - 1 Nov 1936), BillionGraves Record 1367012 West Jordan, Salt Lake, Utah, United States