Kyle Allen Slack

28 Apr 1965 - 20 Aug 2012

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

Kyle Allen Slack

28 Apr 1965 - 20 Aug 2012
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Kyle Allen Slack Born April 28, 1965 at 12:36 a.m. (a Wednesday morning) at Cottonwood Hospital in Murray Utah, to Paul LeRoy and Verdean Williams Slack. Third child after Dale Lyn and Paula, then little brother Bryan Lee Slack finished the family. Famous quotes: “Mom, don’t worry about it.”

Life Information

Kyle Allen Slack

Married: 6 Dec 1997

Monticello City Cemetery

Monticello Cemetery Rd
Monticello, San Juan, Utah
United States


July 11, 2014


July 10, 2014

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Kyle Allen


Kyle Allen Slack is buried in the Monticello City Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store




Contributor: kevsha Created: 2 years ago Updated: 2 years ago

April 28, 1965 ~ August 20, 2012 Kyle Allen Slack was born April 28, 1965 in Murray, UT to Paul L. and Verdean Williams Slack. He passed away at home from kidney cancer on August 20, 2012. Kyle loved the outdoors and spent many happy times with family metal-detecting, camping, fishing, water-skiing, hunting, 4-wheeling, dog trials, and outdoor cooking. Kyle had a great work ethic and always had a job from the time he was 14 years old. He bought his first car, a 1966 Mustang, when he was 15 with his own money. He and his dad worked together to get it running, and that was one of his favorite memories. Kyle was not materialistic, but he loved his vehicles and had many trucks over the years. He graduated from Kearns High School in 1983. He rode bulls for a while until he decided that he didn’t bounce so good. He enjoyed horses but gave them up for 4-wheelers, which he said you didn’t have to feed in the winter. He met Jill Christensen on a blind date (aunt Rhonda Webb Williams set them up). They went to a Billy Dean concert on April 11, 1997 in Delta UT, and they were married in Monticello, UT on December 6, 1997. Together they have two children, Dillon Zane and Jessica. They were the love of their daddy’s life. He liked to “spank for fun” and carry them to bed like a “sack of taters”. He was never afraid to change a diaper. He and Jill worked opposite shifts to spend as much time with the babies as possible. The family was sealed together in the Monticello LDS Temple for time and all eternity on March 25, 2011. Kyle was diagnosed with cancer early in 2011 and was not given much hope of beating the disease. Most people had no idea he was ill because he was such a private person and because he worked up until June 19, 2012. His oncologist fondly called him “Tough Guy”. He commanded the respect of all his peers. His integrity is unmatched. Kyle is survived by his wife, children and parents; brothers Dale (Jo Leen) and Bryan (Penny); sister Paula, and many aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, and nieces. He is preceded in death by his grandparents, Augustus and Minnie Slack, and Clayton and Leah Williams. Card of thanks Now we have joined that terrible and all too unexclusive club of a family who has had to watch their father, mother, brother, cousin, aunt or friend die of cancer. The suffering seems so cruel and we ask God why. He answers us that He gave His only Begotten Son to suffer and die for ALL that we might not suffer if we come unto Him. This life is hard, but God has touched so many and brought us together to ease each other’s burdens. The community, doctors, nurses, friends and family have all given so much to help us through and we can only say thank you, but know that your gifts are eternal and priceless. We love you all! Jill, Dillon & Jessica Slack Paul Slack family Sam Christensen family

Life History

Contributor: kevsha Created: 2 years ago Updated: 2 years ago

Kyle Allen Slack Born April 28, 1965 at 12:36 a.m. (a Wednesday morning) at Cottonwood Hospital in Murray Utah, to Paul LeRoy and Verdean Williams Slack. Third child after Dale Lyn and Paula, then little brother Bryan Lee Slack finished the family. Famous quotes: “Mom, don’t worry about it.” “If it ain’t bleeding, quit yer bawling.” Baby milestones: He weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long. He had Mumps the day after he was born along with his mother. He was blessed by his father on June 6, 1965. He smiled and first turned over and laughed out loud at 3 1/2 months. He crawled at 6 months. He pulled up to things at 8 1/2 months, walked at 11 months and stood up alone in the middle of the floor at 1 year old. His first word was “kitty” and he loved balls. He suffered from infectious asthma. He had chicken pox on October 20, 1970. Kyle played little league baseball (peewee) and he was so proud of his one hit, although he got out on the play. Kyle grew up riding bikes with his cousin Darrin Storer who lived down the street in Kearns. They had one rule, don’t go to the ball park. There were fields with lots of weeds and undergrowth that would puncture their tires. So where was the first place they went? To the ballpark. Kyle became proficient at patching bicycle tires. He attended David Gorley Elementary and Kearns Jr. High where he was a student body officer and played basketball, volleyball and ran track. He played the clarinet in grade school and jr. high and marched in the West Valley Christmas Parade. His mom told him he could be just like Henry Cuesta on the Lawrence Welk Show. In ninth grade he played the Tuba in that parade. He graduated from Kearns High School in 1983 and was ranked among the top 20 students. Cousins Darrin Storer, Les Harward, and Kyle Slack were the three musketeers. When they would go visit Grandma and Grandpa Williams in Mills, Utah, they would play on the haystacks because it was the only place they were told NOT to play. Otherwise they would disappear for hours exploring. One year, they all got bb guns for christmas. They disappeared for a while and when they came back, they each had these guilty smiles on their faces. Someone noticed welts on their arms. Soon, it was discovered that they had welts on their backs and legs. It was quite obvious they had been hunting each other. He suffered many bouts with tonsillitis until they were removed at the age of 10 or 11. He loved to water ski and he and Dale were always up early so they could ski while the water was as smooth as glass. The family would take the boat to Yuba. He got his first job at Buy Right as a bagger. When he got the phone call, it was because Paula had put in for a job, but they hired Kyle. It was supposed to just be weekends but turned into every day after school. He soon saved up enough money to buy his first car. They looked at a Cougar but his dad thought that it would be too fast and that it would get Kyle into trouble. In his own words from a writing assignment: “I was looking at a picture of my first car, my pride and joy, a 1966 Ford Mustang coupe. I fixed it up from a rusted pile of junk to a near mint beauty. I painted it candy apple red. It was the first project my father and I ever worked on together. We rebuilt the engine and the transmission.” He let his mom drive it to work before he turned 16. He also helped Dad build the shed behind the house and they were both very proud of that project. When Penny & Bryan lived in Green River, WY, Kyle was single and visited often. Penny said he was just like one of the kids. So one Easter, they ALL got Nerf guns and they had some epic battles. He rode bulls for a while. One time he hit the ground harder than he liked and was bruised all down one side. He turned his love to horses and was able to ride in the Salt Lake valley in the old days before all the fields from Kearns to Riverton became too built up with new neighborhoods. He had two at different times: Dolly, a buckskin and Dobbin, a paint. Dolly educated him and Dobbin just frustrated him. One time he rented a horse for Dale so they could ride together. When Kyle mounted Dobbin, the rodeo began. He rode it for quite a while but got bucked off. With the reins still in his grip, he turned and hit the horse on the side of its head as hard as he could. Then he told Dale, “Well, now my hand hurts.” So they loaded the horses back up and went home. He sold them and turned his attention to four-wheelers which you didn’t have to feed in the winter. We had many adventures riding the “Ride for Life” with the Utah ATV association to raise money for MS. We also went with friends and family out in the west desert and all over the Uintah’s. Kyle loved to go hunting and fishing with the family. Once while hunting in Levan canyon, Allen, Dale, Grandpa and Kyle were trying to sleep in the camper. The snow was dripping off the trees overhanging the camper. Grandpa turned to Kyle and said, “Go take care of that.” He took the shot gun and blasted the trees. Grandpa always trusted Kyle to drive his vehicles also. After high school, he worked at Thatcher Chemical, Butterfield Lumber, and Flint Ink Corporation. At Butterfield, he would go to work early in the morning and work well past dark. He used to tell me that he had enough of overtime - he didn’t care if he ever had any more. At Flint Ink, he also put in as many hours as it took to get the job done. Kyle met me (Jill Christensen) on a blind date through Ronda Williams. Kyle told Paula that he was “going to marry her.” We bought a Chem Dry business in hopes of being self-employed. We worked together at that after Dillon was born but the economy wasn't very cooperative so then we went to work at TSA security. That is when Jessica was born and we worked opposite shifts to be with the kids. He then went back to work in the ink industry for INX before moving to Monticello. I told him that if he really wanted to move to Monticello, to go get his CDL and he could find work. Then when the job he wanted came open, we would already be there. He drove for Blue Mountain Meats for 6 months and then got on with UDOT. When we would travel all through Montana and Wyoming, he would say, “That is my dream job, mowing the side of the highway.” Paula said he said that as a kid too, and so he landed his dream job with UDOT. So what that mowing the side of the highway was only 2 weeks out of the year in San Juan County. He would have done it all over the state if they would have let him. One of his favorite memories was going on Jeep Safari on the Hole in the Rock trail with Grandpa Williams, Uncle Allen and Kara and Shannon, his buddies. He loved to tease Kara & Shannon. He had several dogs over the years but his favorite was Lucky LeDoux, his Brittany spaniel. He trained him and ran him in dog trials. One of his favorite television shows was Classic Tractors on RDTV. He loved to go hunting and fishing, especially with Grandpa and Grandma Williams who was the “best fisher woman” according to Kyle. Once he told a little cousin about Marie Laveau. She believed the story so much, she slept with a potato and a barbie doll so that the witch wouldn’t kidnap her and take her to live with the wolves. He liked to call the kids "mighty nimrods". Dale’s first year hunting, they rode in the back of the truck on the toolbox. It was raining and they kept telling each other how much fun they were having. They got garbage bags and made rain ponchos. Standing around the fire, the garbage bags would “grow.” Instead of gators, they were crocodiles around the legs. Penny and I worked for the same company, Cameron & Associates, Inc. One time at Marv Cameron’s, Kyle went to just tease Penny and push her in the kiddy pool, but it was slick around the pool where the water splashed onto the grass. She went in head first. He felt so bad because he knew she was afraid of the water, he was crying/laughing with her. He loved to ride four wheelers with Bryan and Penny and the boys. Once they saw a rattle snake while riding so Kyle cut off rattles and gave them to Brady. Brady kept them in an envelope and always bragged about his Uncle Kyle, the big bad hunter, until the rattles disintegrated. On Cody’s first deer hunt, Kyle couldn’t see the antlers. Kyle slapped him up side the head and said “what did you shoot a doe for?” When they got up to it, Cody proved it was legal. On one deer hunt, Kyle’s mom told him not to let Grandpa hike. He said, “you tell him, I can’t catch up with him.” He married Jill Christensen on December 6, 1997 and to that union two children were born; Dillon Zane and Jessica. They moved the family from Kearns to Monticello in 2006. He was very proud of Dillon and liked his company. He was glad he was such a great student especially at math. Kyle & Dillon met their first bear up above Foy Lake. Kyle told Dillon not to run but they faced off the bear while it growled at them and then slowly made their way away from it. There were bear hunters on the mountain so we told them where they could find it. We are not sure if it was the same bear, but the dogs and the hunters brought back a cinnamon colored one they had treed and shot and thanked us for the tip. Jessica stayed at the hospital in the NICU for the first 2 weeks of her life with Pneumonia. Daddy (Kyle) was there every day for those two weeks. There was a lot of snow and not always easy to travel across the valley from Kearns to St. Mark’s Hospital, but he always went to be with her even though he couldn’t hold her. Jessi was Daddy's little girl. We loved going camping and four-wheeling with Kyle because he usually did all the cooking in dutch ovens or on the camp stove, and it was good food. Our last family vacation, we went to San Diego, Legoland, Sea World, the Grand Canyon, and Whale watching for Spring Break 2012. We celebrated Kyle’s 47th birthday at Bryan’s with a meal and a lot of great company. It was a wonderful time just before Brady and Lori were deployed.

Life timeline of Kyle Allen Slack

Kyle Allen Slack was born on 28 Apr 1965
Kyle Allen Slack was 7 years old when Munich massacre: Nine Israeli athletes die (along with a German policeman) at the hands of the Palestinian "Black September" terrorist group after being taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games. Two other Israeli athletes were slain in the initial attack the previous day. The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, in which the Palestinian terrorist group Black September took eleven Israeli Olympic team members hostage and killed them along with a West German police officer.
Kyle Allen Slack was 25 years old when Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall: East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall, allowing its citizens to travel to West Berlin. The Berlin Wall was a guarded concrete barrier that physically and ideologically divided Berlin from 1961 to 1989. Constructed by the German Democratic Republic, starting on 13 August 1961, the Wall cut off West Berlin from virtually all of surrounding East Germany and East Berlin until government officials opened it in November 1989. Its demolition officially began on 13 June 1990 and finished in 1992. The barrier included guard towers placed along large concrete walls, accompanied by a wide area that contained anti-vehicle trenches, "fakir beds" and other defenses. The Eastern Bloc portrayed the Wall as protecting its population from fascist elements conspiring to prevent the "will of the people" in building a socialist state in East Germany.
Kyle Allen Slack was 34 years old when Columbine High School massacre: Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 13 people and injured 24 others before committing suicide at Columbine High School in Columbine, Colorado. The Columbine High School massacre was a school shooting that occurred on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Columbine, an unincorporated area of Jefferson County, Colorado, United States, in the Denver metropolitan area. In addition to the shootings, the complex and highly planned attack involved a fire bomb to divert firefighters, propane tanks converted to bombs placed in the cafeteria, 99 explosive devices, and car bombs. The perpetrators, senior students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered 12 students and one teacher. They injured 21 additional people, and three more were injured while attempting to escape the school. The pair subsequently committed suicide.
Kyle Allen Slack was 38 years old when Invasion of Iraq: In the early hours of the morning, the United States and three other countries (the UK, Australia and Poland) begin military operations in Iraq. The 2003 invasion of Iraq was the first stage of the Iraq War. The invasion phase began on 20 March 2003 and lasted just over one month, including 21 days of major combat operations, in which a combined force of troops from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and Poland invaded Iraq. This early stage of the war formally ended on 1 May 2003 when U.S. President George W. Bush declared the "end of major combat operations", after which the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) was established as the first of several successive transitional governments leading up to the first Iraqi parliamentary election in January 2005. U.S. military forces later remained in Iraq until the withdrawal in 2011.
Kyle Allen Slack died on 20 Aug 2012 at the age of 47
Grave record for Kyle Allen Slack (28 Apr 1965 - 20 Aug 2012), BillionGraves Record 9305915 Monticello, San Juan, Utah, United States