John Allen Bellows

21 Sep 1890 - 14 May 1971

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

John Allen Bellows

21 Sep 1890 - 14 May 1971
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

John Allen Bellows John Allen Bellows was born September 21, 1890, in an adobe house located in Lake Shore, Utah County, Utah. Grandma Banks acted as midwife, and for $5 she delivered the baby and came every day for ten days from Spanish Fork in an old buckboard buggy to bath the newborn child. She
Register to get full access to the grave site record of John Allen Bellows
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

John Allen Bellows


Orem Cemetery

770 Murdock Canal Trail
Orem, Utah, Utah
United States


August 9, 2011


August 8, 2011

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about John Allen...

We found more records about John Allen Bellows.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of John Allen


John Allen Bellows is buried in the Orem Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



John Allen Bellows life story

Contributor: Pieinthesky Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

John Allen Bellows John Allen Bellows was born September 21, 1890, in an adobe house located in Lake Shore, Utah County, Utah. Grandma Banks acted as midwife, and for $5 she delivered the baby and came every day for ten days from Spanish Fork in an old buckboard buggy to bath the newborn child. She insisted that the new boy be named Allen. Since two of the child's Grandfathers were named John it was only reasonable that the new boy be given the name of John Allen. He was blessed in Lake Shore Ward, Lake Shore, Utah. This new baby was considered quite special in the Bellows household for he was the first boy of four children, and they knew he could carry on the Bellows name. The proud new father was Charles Henry Bellows who was born January 5, 1864, at Payson, Utah County, Utah, the son of John Furgeson Bellows and Marilla Plumb. His mother was Mary Jane Huff who was born December 11, 1867, at Coalville, Summit, Utah, the daughter of John Edward Huff and Sarah Ann Robinson. Allen remembers in his early childhood how he loved to be with his Dad and how he loved farming. He especially liked to be around horses, and his father always saw to it that Allen had a good pony. He was a healthy young boy that loved to be outside. As a result the outdoor winds would often cause him to have chapped and blistered lips. The only protection for the lips known at that time was to put the film of an egg on them to protect them from the blistering winds. His family was comparable financially to other families in the community, however, they did have a slight advantage over many people because they always had a good herd of cattle and a good pasture in which to keep them. If a financial crisis arose, they were always able to sell a steer. Allen remembers well the days before electricity and telephones and all the modern conveniences we enjoy today. Church was the center of all social life in those days in Lake Shore except for the dance hall owned by Bill and Andrew Ferguson. Lake Shore had its own orchestra and many happy evenings can be remembered from associations and dances held at the old dance hall. Also the young people always looked forward to the Sunday afternoon ball game held at 4:00 p.m. after church was dismissed for the day. Allen's first employment came from local farmers. He would start early in the morning and work until evening for fifty cents a day. Lake Shore was a farming community, and since there was no machinery to do the work, it required a lot of hard labor to plant and harvest the crops. A good day's work was expected of a young man for the wage of fifty cents a day. Allen had always been active in the church and can remember attending church and Primary when he was a young boy. Allen had six brothers and six sisters: Sarah Marilla, Mary Mariah, Minnie, Eleanor (died in infancy), Myrtle, William Henry (Bill), Joseph Merlin, Marion Leon, Lional Earl, Samuel Arthur, Norman, and Velma. Allen started to school at the age of six at the adobe school house located near the center of town and he attended this school until the sixth grade. School was then held in a building about one-half mile to the North. He attended the seventh and eighth grade and graduated at the age of fourteen. He will always remember Charles Broadbent from Heber as being his favorite teacher. While a youngster, his best friend was John Angus, but as he grew older, he began to pal with Evan Francis and Albert Barney, who were his best friends in the years to follow. Since no baptismal fonts were available in earlier days, it was necessary for Allen to be baptized in the South Irrigation Ditch. He was baptized on July 2, 1899 by Samuel Ashby and confirmed a member of the church the same day at the church house in Lake Shore Ward. He remembers well of being chosen secretary of the Deacon's quorum and of having a visit from Andrew Jensen, the church Historian, who emphasized to this young man the importance of his job in recording accurate dates. At the age of eight, a horse kicked Allen in the mouth and broke four front baby teeth. He was driving the horse out of the corral so he could milk the cow. The horse, which was not broken, backed up and kicked him right in the face. The dentist pulled the roots out and applied a new medicine to the affected area. Allen was fourteen years old before any new teeth came in and then five came in instead of four. It was necessary to have two of the five pulled to make room for the remaining teeth. Working with animals implies certain dangers, and on one occasion when Allen was helping his father separate the cows from the calves to wean them, they decided to dehorn one of the calves. Allen jumped on the calf's head to pull it down, and the horn went right through Allen's shoe causing a very sore foot for several weeks. Allen remembers well how disappointed he was because he had to miss a big wedding dance being held that night. At twenty years of age Allen and Albert Barney made their first trip to Salt Lake City to attend the state fair. He took one day to travel to the fair and one day to return home. Sports was Allen's hobby, and he especially enjoyed swimming, skating, hunting ducks and rabbits, fishing, and running. He was an especially good runner. He also loved to read especially the books written by Harold Bell Wright. He recalls enjoying immensely the stock plays that came to Spanish Fork. He liked these better than the first movies which only amounted to a few slides without any sound. Allen served as Mutual secretary and attended MIA 100 percent for two years. He later worked as counselor in the Mutual and enjoyed his work with young people. On January 22, 1912, Allen was ordained an Elder in the Church of Jesus Christ by Lorenzo Argyle. In 1913 he was called to serve in the New Zealand Mission. Prior to his departure, he was ordained a seventy by either Hyrum M. Smith or Joseph Fielding Smith. He left his home in Lake Shore on March 12, 1913, and was set apart for his mission by James E. Talmage on March 13, 1913. He received his temple endowments that same afternoon in the Salt Lake Temple. He left Salt Lake City on March 14th on a train headed for Vancouver, British Columbia. On the journey he had the privilege of visiting Pocatello, Idaho, and Portland, and Seattle, Washington. On March 19th Allen boarded the steamship "Zealandia" at Vancouver headed for Auckland, New Zealand. Allen can recall how seasick he was during the voyage of twenty-one days upon the water. However, they were given an opportunity to visit Honolulu, Hawaii, and Suva on their way to Auckland. After many seasick days upon the waters, the "Zealandia" docked at Auckland, New Zealand on April 8, 1913. Allen was sent immediately to Wellington and then on to the South Island. He was able to visit the North Island, but he spent all of his missionary labors on the South Island. He left the mission on May 26, 1915, from Wellington by steamship which on the way home stopped at Raratonga and the Tahitian Islands. Allen landed in San Francisco just in time for the World's Fair. He came home by train as far as Salt Lake City. He stayed all night in Salt Lake and left for Spanish Fork the next morning anxious to return home to his loved ones. From Spanish Fork he caught a ride home to Lake Shore arriving in June, 1915, happy to be home once more. Allen brought a pearl back from New Zealand which he had mounted and put in a ring for his girl, Agnes Ferguson, who had waited for him to return. However, he felt that he had to work a little before they could be married, so the wedding date was postponed for six months. Allen went to Bingham to work as a fireman. Two excited young couples left Lake Shore on January 23, 1917, in the midst of a blizzard headed for Salt Lake City. Allen and Evan Francis were to be married the next day to the Ferguson twins, Agnes and Barbara. On January 24th Allen and Agnes knelt before the altar in the Salt Lake Temple and were pronounced man and wife by Joseph Fielding Smith. They honeymooned in Salt Lake City for a few days, and then looked forward to their return home where a big reception was being planned in honor of the two young couples. The reception was held in the meeting house with a plate lunch served to the guests and with an orchestra for everyone to dance on this joyous occasion. Allen and Agnes then moved to Bingham which was to be their home for the next two years. Allen worked in the open copper mine first as a fireman and later as a cranesman on a steam shovel. More than half the time he worked night shifts of twelve hours duration. On October 28, 1917, a little boy was welcomed into their home. He was given the name of Milton. In 1919 tired of the mining town and the night work, Allen and Agnes bought a farm and home on the sandhills in the west part of Orem, Utah. They lived here for two summers, and during one of these summers another son was born to this good couple. The new baby who was born June 28, 1919, was given the name of Wayne "F". In 1921 Allen and Agnes moved to Eighth East in Orem in a two room house and continued to run the farm on the sandhills and work for Claude Birch. The next year they had a chance to sell the farm on the sandhills so they rented Claude's farm on which they were living. While living in the two-roomed house, two more children were born - Russell was born January 29, 1922, and Lynn Jay was born March 30, 1924. In 1926 the family moved to a home on Center Street in Orem known as the Draper place. Tragedy hit the family in 1927 when a small infant son, Ray Allen, born April 19, 1927, passed away. Happy, however, was the little family on December 15, 1928, when the first girl of six children arrived to the Bellows' household. She was given the name of Marian. Allen and Claude Birch were working together on their farms and had formed a company, but when the drought and depression hit in the early 1930's they decided to separate and each manage alone as well as possible under the difficult circumstances. Allen and Agnes managed to keep the nineteen acre farm between Center and Eighth East, and there the family resided after that time. When they first acquired the farm, it was only half planted. The family worked together to get the rest of it planted in time for the drought of 1930-32 which killed many of the trees. They were however, able to save what as known for years as the $100 cherry tree. It was quite close to the canal bank and got a little water once in a while. Every farmer in the county knew about this tree for each year they took off at least $100 worth of cherries. During many of the hard years that was a lot of money. Two girls were added to the family during the 1930's. Elaine was born June 29, 1934, and Janet Marie was born September 4, 1936. Three sons - Milton, Wayne, and Lynn - built their homes on the family farm located on Center Street. After Milton's death, his home was sold. It finally became apparent that it would be necessary to sell the farm. Orem had become a city, and farming at the end of the ditch in a city became almost impossible. Also the newcomers felt that the fruit was free for the picking. On top of all this Allen had reached retirement age. The last years Allen farmed, he took 2,000 bushel of peaches and apples off the trees in addition to the berries, cherries, and other crops. He also harvested 3,600 bushel of pears. Allen had always raised a good vegetable garden and much of his own meat and eggs. Allen said, "We kept our children and their children busy helping as well as giving many young people jobs on the farm in the summer." In 1959 Allen sold his farm to Wayne Mills Construction Company for the building of homes. Seventy-two homes were built on the old family farm. It was hard for Allen to see his beautiful orchard destroyed and replaced with homes, but he was no longer physically able to keep up the work on the farm. Allen was ordained a High Priest by John Johnson on March 25, 1928. He has always been active in the church, and some of his callings have included: member of the Sunday School Superintendency; Bishop's Counselor to Joseph Finch (set apart by Rudger Clawson); Bishop (ordained by Reed Smoot); and stake high councilman (set apart by Joseph F. Merrill). He has always enjoyed temple work, and after retiring has done close to fifty names in one year. He received his patriarchal blessing from Hyrum Harris on November 5, 1934. When Allen and Agnes moved to Orem Bench, there were only two wards. Timpanogas boundaries extended from the Provo River on the South and East to 4th South as the northern boundary and the west boundary was the edge of the hill going into Vineyard. Sharon Ward which had as its boundaries 4th South to 10th North and from the Provo River East to the hill going into Vineyard on the West. Allen served as Bishop of the Sharon Ward and although he never moved from his home, he lived in four different wards - Sharon, Vermont, 18th, and 33rd Wards as well as three different Stakes - Utah, Sharon, and Orem. In the early days of their marriage vacations came few ad far between; however, the family tried to make an annual trek to the Timpanogas Hike held in Aspen Grove. In 1946 most of the family traveled to Yellowstone and enjoyed a week of sightseeing, camping, and a little fishing. In 1948 Russell took his mother and father to see southern Utah visiting Bryce and Zion canyons and spending a day in St. George. In the summer of 1955 Allen took his wife; her twin, Barbara; and daughter, Janet to California where they enjoyed a wonderful week touring from San Francisco to Mexico. In 1956 Allen and Agnes had a chance to see the south with their daughter, Elaine. After retiring Allen and Agnes had the opportunity to take several tours including a temple trip wherein they participated in temple work in Manti, St. George, Los Angeles, and Mesa. Among their favorite trips was the trip to the East to see the Book of Morman pageant held at Hill Cumorah and to tour the eastern part of the United States. When the World's Fair came to Seattle, Washington in 1962, Allen and Agnes decided to see the Fair and also visit Canada, which resulted in a very memorable trip. Being lovers of flowers, they traveled to Pasadena to see the lovely Rose Bowl Parade in December of 1962. During the summer of 1963 they visited the part of the United States they had not seen by traveling to the Black Hills to see the famous Passion Play of the Christ. One of the most frightening experiences that Allen can recall is the time fire broke out in Bingham, and they were told to pack what they could carry and leave their home. Miraculously their apartment was saved, and they were able to return home. They also witnessed another terrifying fire in Bingham, and in 1919 their home on the sandhills in Orem caught fire. Thorns and tears have also been strung along the pathway for this wonderful couple for on June 21, 1947 Milton, their oldest son, passed away in Salt Lake City. Just three short years later Russell died on July 18, 1950 of leukemia. In August of 1966, Agnes had a severe heart attack and was hospitalized for several weeks; however, she did get well enough to return home where Allen took care of her. He was a very faithful and loving nurse as he cared for his beloved wife, the house and the cooking. Probably the Lord had extended her life after her first attach so that she might help him learn to take care of domestic chores - something he had never done. The two grew very close during these days of her illness. It seemed things were going well, but in her weakened condition Agnes took pneumonia which brought on another heart attack, and she passed away November 5, 1966. Allen found her when he brought her a cover. The spark of Allen's life was now gone although he was still a great comfort and joy to his family. The next four years were very difficult without his mate, but he found great comfort in his association with his sister, Myrtle. The two of them traveled on the bus to California to see their sister, Minnie Taylor. Allen also worked hard caring for his lovely place and giving the fruit which he grew to his loved ones. A real trial came to him when cataracts grew on his eyes dimming his vision. He had each of these operated on and this partially restored his eyesight but not well enough to drive again. Through all this he longed for the day when he could join his wife and loved ones on the other side. When he took a heart attack, he said to everyone, "I hope this does it." After two weeks of severe suffering, he passes away May 14, 1971, at the Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah. He was buried in the Orem Cemetery. Allen left a legacy to his family by his wonderful example, his honesty, his willingness to do his share, his kindness to everyone and his great love for his family. His memory will live forever in our hearts. Words cannot express the love and affection that Allen's family and friends felt towards him. He had such a great love for his family, and he was proud of their accomplishments. A more honorable man is hard to find for he would neither cheat nor offend anyone. I think Allen always took the advice of President George Albert Smith who said, "Remember always that you can find good in everyone if you will look for it, " for he was always willing to overlook the weaknesses of others. His duty to God has always been first and foremost on his mind, and the following poem very well describes his desires and goals in life: Give me, O Lord, clear eyes to see All the fineness of Great Deity - Clean, willing hands that I may do All that Thou may wish me to - Listening ears that to me bind All the good that's in mankind; Strong, straight back that I may bear All the trials Thou deem my share; Pure heart that when my work is done

The Bellows Uncles and Aunts

Contributor: Pieinthesky Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Nona Kay is my mother. She'll be 83 years old in April. Last night, March 7, 2016, I asked her what she remembered about her mother's brothers and sisters. This is what she told me about each one. Sara Marilla Belows-Mom said she lived a sad life. She married twice. Mom thought her first husband was killed in a horse accident. They had one son Vergil. He died when he was ten of diabetes. Grandma Myrtle told me he basically starved to death and that it was hard to watch. This was before they had insulin. Sara remarried Stephen McCormick, and they had three children. One day when the youngest, Lynn, was almost two, he needed to go to the restroom. Myrtle, a young widow at the time, took him out to the outhouse. When he was through he wanted to go back in the house. Myrtle wasn't ready to go in, so she let him go back by himself. He got into the irrigation ditch and drowned. Sara never accused Myrtle, and Grandma Myrtle always said she didn't know what she would have done if Sara had ever said anything about it. She already felt terrible about it. Mom said some man was driving down the road, and his little daughter said, "Stop, I want that big doll." Only it wasn't a doll. Grandma told mom Lynn had been drawn toward water. Sara's older son Earl never married until after Sara died, and then he and his wife never had any children together although mom thinks she had children from another marriage. Mom said Earl was always really good to her. Mary Mariah Bellows-Mom called Mary, Aunt May. She never married. Once when she was near death they think Grandma Bellows came for her because Aunt May said, "Go away little Grandma." I think I remember Grandma Myrtle saying this happened on two different occasions. I remember mom talking about Aunt May as I was growing up, and I always thought I'd like to meet her. Mom and dad said they could never have a cross word because I would get panic(y) about having to go live with Aunt May. She was a dear old soul, but I didn't want mama to take me to go live with her. Minnie Bellows-Aunt Min married Uncle Jack Taylor. He came home with one of the brothers. He would never tell anything about himself. When he went into the service he left an envelop with Min for her to open if he died. He didn't die, so mom doesn't know if Min ever read the letter. They lived in California. Mom said Min wasn't religious. John Allen Bellows-This was grandma's favorite brother. He married Agnes Ferguson (Aunt Ag) He decided he was going to marry her as a little boy. She had one blue eye and one brown eye. He always said if he wanted to be married to a blue eyed wife he sat on one side of her, and if he wanted to be married to a brown eyed wife he could sit on the other side. Her twin sister married Grandpa Joseph Archibald Francis's brother, Elenor Bellows died as a baby. She was less that 2 months old. Myrtle was the 6th child and Nona Kay's mother. William Henry Bellows (Uncle Bill) died before my mother was born. He died of diabetes. He was married with one son. His wife drank and refused to take care of him when he got sick, so he went home to die. As a child, Myrtle got rheumatic fever that kept her out of school. When she did go to school she ended up in the same grade as Uncle Bill. Joseph Merlin Bellows-Uncle Joe worked in the sugar factory. He brought home the burnt sugar and they made sauce for pudding. Mom said he always wore overalls and they always looked new because Aunt Margary wouldn't wash them. I'm not sure how that worked. Did he never get dirty? Mom said he loved to fish. Marion Leon Bellows-He met Aunt Nona in Colorado. Mom said he was a player for a little league team. They were married 3 months after they met. After about 3 months mom thinks he fell off some scaffolding at work and was killed. Grandma Myrtle only met Aunt Nona once when she came to the funeral, but she really liked her. A few months later, 3 months before she was due to have twins, Aunt Nona was hit by a train on her way to visit a friend and was killed. They buried the twins with her. One on each side in the folds of her dress. Grandma Myrtle named my mother after Aunt Nona. Her real name Athinonetta was suppose to be after an Indian girl her father had been in love with before he married her mother. Lionel Earl Bellows. Uncle Lionel and Aunt Maude took my mother to California with them when she was about 12. They dropped her off at her sister Ina Jo's. Ina Jo put her on a bus to San Bernardino, and Sara's son Earl picked her up. That's who Uncle Lionel and Aunt Maude were visiting. She remembers Earll took her to get a milk shake. Mom said Uncle Lionel and Aunt Maude adopted their second son Bill. Samuel Arthur Bellows-Uncle Sam married the younger sister of Uncle Bill's wife. The summer after he died his daughter Arlene lived with my mother's family (her Aunt Myrtle). Mom's father took them to get ice cream and mom, who would have been 17, introduced her cousin and said she was a good little hoer( they had been hoeing the corn) only it sounded like she said a good little whore. Her dad teased her about it. Norman Bellows-Mom and everyone I hear talk about him called Norman Uncle Fritz. Mom thinks the name came from a play he was in. He married Mom's half sister Donna Francis. Their son Merrill Don Bellows and my mother were the same age. Aunt Donna would take care of mom sometimes and nurse both of them. Mom and Merrill Don were best of friends. He and his friends called Mom Aunt Katie and they were her feathered outlaws. They remained close until he died a few years ago. Mom still says she misses him sometimes. Uncle Fritz would say "Poor Fritz" whenever he was feeling sorry for himself. The whole family picked up on it and would say "Poor Fritz" if they were feeling sorry for themselves. Even my big sister picked up on it when she was just a little bit of a girl. One day she was constipated. They could hear her in the restroom grunting and saying "Poor Fritz." Velma Bellows-Mom called Velma, Aunt Jerry. She loved Aunt Jerry. One time when she was sitting on the steps of the Lake Shore School she had on a little dress with a yolk and gathers. She pulled her dress down over her knees and when she spread her knees too far, the dress tore all down the front. Mom held the two pieces together and went down to the Lake Shore store. Aunt Jerry who lived above the store, sewed up mom's dress for her so she could go back to school.

Life timeline of John Allen Bellows

John Allen Bellows was born on 21 Sep 1890
John Allen Bellows was 13 years old when The Wright brothers make their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, were two American aviators, engineers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who are generally credited with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful airplane. They made the first controlled, sustained flight of a powered, heavier-than-air aircraft on December 17, 1903, four miles south of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. In 1904–05 the brothers developed their flying machine into the first practical fixed-wing aircraft. Although not the first to build experimental aircraft, the Wright brothers were the first to invent aircraft controls that made fixed-wing powered flight possible.
John Allen Bellows was 22 years old when The British passenger liner RMS Titanic sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two hours and forty minutes after hitting an iceberg. Only 710 of 2,227 passengers and crew on board survive. RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early hours of 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. There were an estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, and more than 1,500 died, making it one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history. RMS Titanic was the largest ship afloat at the time it entered service and was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line. It was built by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. Thomas Andrews, her architect, died in the disaster.
John Allen Bellows was 39 years old when Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio. George Herman "Babe" Ruth Jr. was an American professional baseball player whose career in Major League Baseball (MLB) spanned 22 seasons, from 1914 through 1935. Nicknamed "The Bambino" and "The Sultan of Swat", he began his MLB career as a stellar left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, but achieved his greatest fame as a slugging outfielder for the New York Yankees. Ruth established many MLB batting records, including career home runs (714), runs batted in (RBIs) (2,213), bases on balls (2,062), slugging percentage (.690), and on-base plus slugging (OPS) (1.164); the latter two still stand as of 2018. Ruth is regarded as one of the greatest sports heroes in American culture and is considered by many to be the greatest baseball player of all time. In 1936, Ruth was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame as one of its "first five" inaugural members.
John Allen Bellows was 49 years old when World War II: Nazi Germany and Slovakia invade Poland, beginning the European phase of World War II. World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier. The vast majority of the world's countries—including all of the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most global war in history; it directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of total war, the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, blurring the distinction between civilian and military resources. World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 50 to 85 million fatalities, most of whom were civilians in the Soviet Union and China. It included massacres, the genocide of the Holocaust, strategic bombing, premeditated death from starvation and disease and the only use of nuclear weapons in war.
John Allen Bellows was 51 years old when World War II: Nazi Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa. Nazi Germany is the common English name for Germany between 1933 and 1945, when Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party (NSDAP) controlled the country through a dictatorship. Under Hitler's rule, Germany was transformed into a totalitarian state that controlled nearly all aspects of life via the Gleichschaltung legal process. The official name of the state was Deutsches Reich until 1943 and Großdeutsches Reich from 1943 to 1945. Nazi Germany is also known as the Third Reich, from German Drittes Reich, meaning "Third Realm" or "Third Empire", the first two being the Holy Roman Empire and the German Empire. The Nazi regime ended after the Allied Powers defeated Germany in May 1945, ending World War II in Europe.
John Allen Bellows was 65 years old when Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California. The Disneyland Hotel is a resort hotel located at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, owned by the Walt Disney Company and operated through its Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products division. Opened on October 5, 1955, as a motor inn owned and operated by Jack Wrather under an agreement with Walt Disney, the hotel was the first to officially bear the Disney name. Under Wrather's ownership, the hotel underwent several expansions and renovations over the years before being acquired by Disney in 1988. The hotel was downsized to its present capacity in 1999 as part of the Disneyland Resort expansion.
John Allen Bellows was 73 years old when John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas, Texas; hours later, Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in aboard Air Force One as the 36th President of the United States. John Fitzgerald Kennedy, commonly referred to by his initials JFK, was an American politician who served as the 35th President of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963. He served at the height of the Cold War, and the majority of his presidency dealt with managing relations with the Soviet Union. As a member of the Democratic Party, Kennedy represented the state of Massachusetts in the United States House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate prior to becoming president.
John Allen Bellows died on 14 May 1971 at the age of 80
Grave record for John Allen Bellows (21 Sep 1890 - 14 May 1971), BillionGraves Record 96289 Orem, Utah, Utah, United States