George Robinson

6 Jan 1800 - 24 Jun 1884

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

George Robinson

6 Jan 1800 - 24 Jun 1884
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Posted by Carolyn J. Christensen, 3rd Great Grand daughter of Geroge Robinsons and Sarah Ann Holt Robinson. Carolyn - Doris Kirkham Johnson - Sarah Adelaide Wrigley Kirkham-Sarah Ann Robinson Wrigley-William Walker Robinson-George & Sarah Ann Holt Robinson I enjoy very much using Timelines with fami

Life Information

George Robinson


American Fork City Cemetery

601-699 Alpine Hwy
American Fork, Utah, Utah
United States


July 24, 2011


April 7, 2020


July 23, 2011

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of George


George Robinson is buried in the American Fork City Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Robinson/Holt Timeline

Contributor: Chynna67 Created: 3 years ago Updated: 3 years ago

Posted by Carolyn J. Christensen, 3rd Great Grand daughter of Geroge Robinsons and Sarah Ann Holt Robinson. Carolyn - Doris Kirkham Johnson - Sarah Adelaide Wrigley Kirkham-Sarah Ann Robinson Wrigley-William Walker Robinson-George & Sarah Ann Holt Robinson I enjoy very much using Timelines with family history. ROBINSON/HOLT TIMELINE Information compiled from George and Sarah Robinson Family History, Pat. Bless. Of George Robinson and PAF Files of Carolyn J. Christensen 1800-1822 1800- 6 Jan George Robinson born in Manchester, Lancashire (9th of 11 children). Parents originally from Eyam, Derbyshire, England 1804- 8 Mar Sarah Holt born in Manchester (2nd of 6 children) 1806- Sarah Holt christened in Salford. (2) 1822- George Robinson and Sarah Holt married (22, 18) 1822- 19 Sep Eliza born in Salford. Died the same day. (22, 18) 1823-1840 1825- 24 Aug John born in Middleton, Lancashire, England. (25, 21) 1827- 25 Sep Joseph born in Middleton (27-23) 1829- 24 Aug John died at age four. (29-25) 1830- 28 Aug Eliza (second) born in Salford, Lancashire, England (30-26) 1833- 8 Mar William Walker was born (33-29) 1833- George became active in Church of England. Heard a verse of song that helped him repent. (33, 29) 1834- 10 Aug Eliza & William Walker christened in Manchester Cathedral 1835- 19 Nov Samuel Gregory was born in Salford. (35-31) 1838- 8 Oct John (second) born in Salford (38-34) 1839- Nov John died (39-35) 1840- bef 21 Aug Sarah accepted the gospel. (40-36) 1840- 21 Aug George and Sarah baptized into LDS Church (40, 36) 1840- 27 Nov Prayer about color dying answered. (It seems he was in the prolific textile business in England as a dyer, as was his wife’s father. (40) 1840- 29 Nov George healed his wife. (40) 1840- 6 Dec George healed his son, William (40) 1840-46- George ordained a Priest. (40) 1841-1846 1841- 24 Feb George healed his son, Joseph (41) 1841- 3 & 4 Jul George blessed by P. P. Pratt to heal deafness and dimness of eye. 1841- 11 Oct Pat. Bless. to George by C. G. Allbeston in England (41) 1842- 20 Aug George healed by Elder Chas. Miller of cholera. (42) 1843- 18 Apr Elizabeth Thankful born in Manchester (40) 1845- 7 Oct Mary Jane born in Manchester (45-41) 1846- 23 Sep Mary Jane died in Manchester. (46-42) 1846- Sept Robinsons sailed from Liverpool to New Orleans, then St. Louis. (George, Sarah, Joseph[19], Eliza[16], William Walker[13], Samuel Gregory [11], Elizabeth Thankful [3], {4 children buried in England} (46, 42) 1846- Sep Joseph ordained a Priest in St. Louis. 1850-1896 1850- 10 Mar James Joshua was born in Council Bluffs. (50, 46) 1850- Feb 3 Joseph married Elizabeth Hobson in St. Louis (50, 46) 1850- Eliza married David Daniel Peet (50, 46) Prob 1850-52 Patriarchal Blessing to George by William J. Smith - probably in Council Bluffs or St. Louis (50, 46) 1852- Spring: Started west. (52, 48) 1852-1896 1852- Oct Arrived in Salt Lake - then to American Fork (52, 48) 1853- American Fork citizens moved into the Fort. (53-49) 1855- 16 Mar William Walker married Harriet Wood (55-51) 1856- 3 Jun George and Sarah sealed in Endowment House (56-52) 1860- 24 Dec Elizabeth married Joseph Henry Shelley (60-56) 1864- 19 Mar Samuel Gregory married Esther Bourne Johnson (64-60) 1867- 13 Dec William Walker married Sarah Eckersley (67-63) 1867- George became blind. (67-63) 1869- 30 Oct James Joshua married Mary Elizabeth Griffiths (69-65) 1877- Samuel Gregory and wife, moved to Franklin Idaho (77-73) 1877- 29 Nov Samuel married Martha Lovina Hansen in Idaho (77-73) 1884- 21 June George Died (84) 1884-1895 Sarah spent some years in Franklin Idaho and did Temple Work in Logan 1895- Sarah moved in with her daughter, Elizabeth Shelley. (91) 1896- 7 July Sarah Died (92) Posted by Carolyn Johnson Christensen


Contributor: Chynna67 Created: 3 years ago Updated: 3 years ago

GEORGE ROBINSON and SARAH ANN HOLT ROBINSON (Written by his grandson, Lot Robinson) George Robinson, son of Joseph Robinson and Rachel Gregory, was born on the 4th of January, 1800, in Manchester, Lancashire, England. He became a silk dyer by trade. He had naturally curly hair and when he was an older man wore it in 30 ringlets that fell on his shoulders. He had that distinctive blue eye that a large number of his descendants possess. At the age of twelve years old, or thereabouts George was satisfying his curiosity around a circus tent, and as he was about to lift the flap of a tent to look inside, the canvas was struck by one of its occupants with a whip which struck George in the eyes. When about 60 years old he was pitching hay on a stack and as he slid off the stack one of the prongs of his fork accidentally struck him in one of his eyes. From these injuries he developed cataracts. He became almost totally blind. His grandchildren often led him around by the hand. His wife, Sarah Holt, daughter of James Holt and Martha Walker, was born on the 8th of March, 1804, in Manchester, Lancashire, England. They were united in marriage in 1824 in Manchester, England. Ten children came to bless this happy union. Four passed away in England in their infancy, their first two children, Eliza (stillborn), John (age four) as well as John, and Mary Jane. Those who came to America were Joseph, Eliza, William Walker, Samuel, and Elizabeth Thankful. James Joshua was born after their arrival at Council Bluffs, Iowa. According to his own record, George had identified himself with no church until 1833. He recorded that he began to reflect on his past life; and, "being a stranger to the Lord, I did not know how to find Him and went mourning like a lost sheep wanting to find a Shepherd. I started to the Church of England, as that was the church of which my father was a devout member." George was so faithful that they gave him a job as doorkeeper for which he received ten shillings a quarter. When the missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came to their native land, his wife readily accepted the message. George hesitated for a while; but one day as he was driving along a certain street as a delivery man for a silk and linen factory, his horse stopped suddenly and would not go. He got down from the wagon to see what the matter was. He heard singing in a nearby building. He threw the weight on the ground which held the horse and went over to the door of the building to listen. The "Mormon" Elders were holding a meeting and as he listened, he was convinced of the truthfulness of their message. He and his wife were baptized on 21st of August, 1840, when Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball and other Leaders were in Manchester. After they were baptized, George and his wife felt the spirit of gathering and began making preparations for their journey westward. In September of 1846, they, with their family, sailed from Liverpool for America. (Their living children would have been ages 19, 16, 12, 11, and 3 years of age. George, himself, was age 46 and Sarah, age 42.) They were on the ocean for five weeks and three days. It was a very rough voyage. On the vessel were three hundred Irishmen. As the high wind and dashing waves continued, these people were fearful that they were doomed to destruction and went to the Captain bewailing their fate. He asked them if they said their prayers. George and Sarah had faith that their Heavenly Father would protect them. Their singing of church hymns seemed to aggravate the Irish, but not the Captain. It was later reported that this same ship broke and sank to the bottom of the ocean on its return trip. When the Robinsons arrived at New Orleans, they set sail up the Mississippi for 10 days and landed at St. Louis ten days later. They remained there for a time and worked to get enough money to continue their journey. While cholera was raging in and around St. Louis, the family set out for Council Bluffs, Iowa, Sarah being pregnant at the time. Here James Joshua was born in 1850 when George was 50 years of age, and Sarah was 46. The saints built log cabins and dugouts and planted crops at council Bluffs. A mill was built to grind corn. Articles such as washboard, willow baskets and chairs were made and sold as opportunity afforded. Across the Missouri River, Winter Quarters was a temporary stopping place for the saints. At these places, they built and planted for themselves and also for those who would follow. Provisions were scarce and happy indeed were they when a door or buffalo was brought in by the hunters. It was though that a lack of vegetables needed for health in their diet was the cause of scurvy among the people. In the Spring of 1852, the family, along with others, began to wend their way to the West. Frequent rains of the early Spring made the trip hazardous. Swollen streams and muddy roads hindered their progress. Sometimes they would have to wait until the high waters subsided so they could cross in safety. They were troubled at times with the Indians. It is reported that at times the stampede of buffalo would shake the earth. At one time, a herd in excess of five thousand cam to the Platte River for water. Notwithstanding the many hardships of the journey, they were buoyed up by a living faith which gave them courage and strength to cheerfully carry on. They arrived in Salt Lake City in October of 1852 (six years after they left England) They came with Captain Burbank’s Company. After a rest for a short time, President Brigham Young sent the family to American Fork, Utah County, Utah, then known as Lake City. They located in the east part of the valley, along with the Adams and Singleton families; but because of Indian trouble, they moved from their farm and settled in the center of town. They assisted in building the old fort wall which ran through their lot. George Robinson built one of the first adobe houses in American Fork. It was located on what was known as Lake Street, now 90 North First East. His son, William W. lived next door at 88 North First East. His son, Joseph, lived next door north and Samuel lived one block south on Main street. George's eyesight was not good and it gave him great comfort to have his children close around him. George and Sarah loved the Gospel they had embraced. George was always active in the Church. Sarah was quiet and unassuming. She did not seek any position but tried to do her part in setting a worthy example of honesty and integrity and did some work in the Temple in her later years. She was noted for her wonderful handwork. He children and grandchildren prized her beautiful quilts and her framed mottos such as "Home Sweet Home: and :God Bless Our Home" and many others which hung on her walls and walls of other homes. Two beautiful mottos now hang in the new Daughters of the Pioneers building. George was a musician and played the violin. He was the first choir leader in American Fork. George Rowley, another blind man, was the organist. George Robinson arranged many concerts and musical entertainments for the people of early days. He loved music and made it a hobby. He would to two or three times a week with Brother Rowley with violin and accordion to cheer up friends and relatives. At their home one night a week, George and Sarah enjoyed what has been called of late a "home evening" with their children and grandchildren. For many years, George was President of the high Priests Quorum. While in England, he was ordained a Priest and had the privilege of baptizing his son, Samuel. His eyesight failed him several times; but through faith in his Heavenly Father, he was restored. The last seventeen years of his life, he was blind. According to the minutes of the High Priest Quorum, he still took an active part and was often asked to conduct the meeting in the absence of their leader. His last meeting was just six weeks before he passed away on the 21st of June, 1884, at the age of 84. He died as he had lived, a faithful Latter-day Saint. After George died, his wife, Sarah, lived alone under the kind care of her son, William, who looked after her business. She owned a small farm and home. Before her death, she spent some time in Franklin, Idaho, with her sons, Samuel and James. While there, she did some Temple work in the Logan Temple. The last year of her life she spent with her daughter, Elizabeth Shelley. She passed away on the 7th of July, 1896, at the age of ninety-two. The loving memories of these faithful souls will live on in the hearts of their numerous posterity. (Note: CJC: It is said that the Robinsons kept very good family records for their day. And it passes down. )


Contributor: Chynna67 Created: 3 years ago Updated: 3 years ago

AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL MATERIAL OF GEORGE ROBINSON (Typed with original spelling and punctuation from handwritten material) The history of George Robinson Wrote By his own Hand concerning the dealings of God towards him in Regard to Visions and Dreams and Revelations and the Voice of God which was spoken to me from Time to time By his own Mouth. I was Born in the year of our Lord in One thousand, eight hundred on the six of January in the town of Salford in the County of Lancashire England. My Father's name was Joseph and my Mothers Name was Rachel and they came from a place called Eyam in the County of (Larbyshire)Derbyshire, England. My father's father was Named Zacharias and my Mother's father was Named Joshua. I, George Robinson Began to Reflect upon my past life. I began to seek the Lord in the year, 1833 and being a stranger to the Lord, I did not know where to find him; and I went mourning same as a lost Sheep wandering to find a Shepherd. I started going to the Church of England, my father being a church of England Man. I was brought up among them when I was a youth, so I started a going to the Church of England when I was sat in the Church I thought that all the Congregation fixed their eyes upon me and I was so shamed(?) that I hardly know where to put my face on Sunday Morning the clark(?) gave Out a hymn to the following words Blow ye the trumpet blow The Gladly Solemn Sound Let all the Nations Know To Earth's Remotest Bounds The year of Jubilee has come Return ye K--- and Sinners home When they was Singing the hymn that Part where It said Return ye K-- and Sinners home, I thought it meant Me: for it made my hair Stand On a End and something kept telling Me that the Day of Judgment was at hand and it made me keep close to the Church: I then made up my mind that I would be a Member of the Church of England: soon after I Began to take the Sacrament But I durst not inform


Contributor: Chynna67 Created: 3 years ago Updated: 3 years ago

FROM THE RECORD BOOK OF GEORGE ROBINSON From the record book kept by George Robinson, we have extracted a few incidents he has written about in his life to show his character and his great faith in God and his goodness to his children here on earth. Because of the record being old and the writing, which he did in his own hand being faint and faded, only one page is reproduced in this book. We all have a right to be very proud to have progenitors who had such great faith and trust in God. (Note: from Carolyn Johnson Christensen. It is interesting to note that the George and Sarah Robinson joined the church in England in August of 1840. They came to American in 1846.) 1840 On 26 August 1840 the Lord gave me the gift of tongues. It was about half past 3 o’clock in the afternoon as was working at my daily labor. I felt to rejoice in the Lord. On the 11 November 1840, I was walking out in the afternoon about three o’clock in Manchester when I was attacked by a dog. He came running at me as if he would worry me, but I saw him coming and I said, “Father, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rebuke this dog. That instant he fell at my feet as if he had been shot. Then I stroked him on the back and he began to wag his tail. There was a gentleman who saw it and said to me, “The dog has a mind to bite you.” I said, “Oh, no sire, I know how to speak to dogs.” That was the power of God made manifest to me. On the 27 November 1840--a remarkable thing in dying (coloring)--there was a very curious black sent to my employer to be dyed and my employer and several of his men, but not one of them could do it. At last, he tried himself but he could not do it. At last he said, "George, you had better bring no more for we can not do them." I said to him, "Sir, I think I can do them." He said, "Can you?" I said, "Yes." He said, "You shall have a try." Then I prayed unto my Heavenly Father to instruct by his Holy spirit, and that he would enable me to do it, and so He did, for I did not call on Him in vain, for he heard my prayer -- if any lack wisdom, let him ask God for it is faith, with works. On the 29 November 1840, Sarah Robinson(his wife) was taken very ill. I said, "What ails there?" She said, "I am racked with pain." I said, "Have you any faith in the Lord?" And she said "Yes." Then I lay my hands on her head in the name of Jesus and it was rebuked that instant. On the 3 Dec. 1840–a dream–I thought that Elder Brigham Young came to me and said, “Brother Robinson, I give you charge over this great church. I thought it was a great church in a country place. On the 6th of December, 1840, William Robinson, (the son of George Robinson), was taken very sick all at once. I said, "William, has thou any faith in the Lord?" He said, "Yes." Then I lay my hand son him in the name of Jesus of Nazareth and rebuked his disease. No sooner I asked, than the power came and healed and he rose up and ate. 1841 On the 3 February 1841 the Lord gave me the gift of interpretation of tongues I received at Brother Booth’s meeting at Newton. I went to tell Sister Booth that the Lord had given me the interpretation of tongues. She said, “I knew it before you called.” On the 7 February 1841 I was moved on to go and see the Oldham brothers and sisters. I did not know where the church was when I set out. I met Brother Lever. I asked him where the saints met. He said he did not know, so we parted and I went on my way. When I had got about fifty yards of the place there came a voice unto me and said, “Yonder lies the place where the saints meet.” It is good to inquire of the Lord at all times. On February 8, 1841 a remarkable dream – I thought I saw a large fire about three o’ clock in the morning. When I arose I was not deceived for there had been a very large warehouse burn down. On February 24, 1841, Joseph Robinson, the son of George Robinson was taken very ill with a violent pain in his head and very bad. I said, “Joseph, have you any faith in the Lord to be healed.” He said yes. Then I lay my hands on his head in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and the pain was removed instantly by the power of God. On the 16 March, 1841, I went with a van of bobbin to Master Bothwell, one of the parties that we dyed for in Smedley. As I was going into the yard, there was a great mastiff dog that came running at me as if to worry me. But I saw him coming at full speed. I was on my watch tower, and I said, "Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, rebuke the dog." In that moment he was rebuked and fell under my feet like a lamb. That was the power of God made manifest to me. So He is a God of right at hand, and not afar off. On 30 March 1841 I was nearly kicked by a horse but the Lord was over me. On the 10 April 1841 I had likely been killed by the same horse. I had some business to do for my employer and he said, “George, you had better take the horse and be sharp.” So I went according to order. He went very quiet till we got in the town. He made several attempts to throw me off but it was all in vain. But when we got in high street on the hard stones he threw himself down and me under him. But thanks to God I was not hurt. The hand of the Lord was over me and I came off more than conqueror. In the month of June 1841, I George Robinson prayed to my Heavenly Father and told him that I wanted to go to Zion. And I said, “Father, I have no means but I know thou hearest thy children when they pray.” On 3 July 1841 Sister Pratt asked me whether I would do her a kindness. I said yes. So she told me what it was. I said I would let her know. On the 5 July 1841 I did it. On 3 July 1841 I went to P.P. Pratt and got him to lay hands on my head for deafness in ears. On the 4 July 1841, I George Robinson got Elder P.P. Pratt to lay hands on my head for the dimness of my eyes. On the 25 July 1841 a voice came to me and said these words, “Fear not I am with thee and be not dismayed for I am thy God and will give thee aid.” On the 30 July 1841, all my goods taken from me for 11 shillings and a penny. I rejoice in a house with no goods, and sung two of our hymns, the first hymn, ‘Let Us Pray Gladly, Gladly Pray.” The second was “How Firm a Foundation.” Witnesses were Brother Beech and Brother Jackson. 1842 On 28 April 1842 I, George Robinson, did prophecy to his employer and said if he did not sell the horse that he had that he would tumble down and break the shafts of the van. He took no notice of me. Then what I said the horses fell down and broke them off. On the 19 August 1842 I had a dream and I thought that I saw Joseph Smith the prophet of the most High God. I thought he was a large big man. On the 20 August 1842 I was taken very ill with the cholera. I sent for Elder Chas. Miller and he came and lay hands on me and gave me some holy oil inwardly and then anointed me and I began to amend for that very hour. On the 3 September 1842 I had a dream. I thought I was traveling with a company of saints. I thought Elder C. Miller was one and Andrew Kay was another. We were going as it were on the highway and it was very dark; there were many stars out but I took particular notice of one star because it was a big one and it fell to the earth and several small ones fell with it. On 8 October 1842 John Worthington and Edward Casady wanted to do George Robinson serious injuries. They wanted charges against George Robinson. John Worthington said I was naive and that I was a bloody serole (?) and that I was rascal and would sell my country for two pence half penny. Then Edward Casady said that I had been brought up out of a dung hill and I was not fit to carry guts to a bear and that I deserved to be put to death. They were two of my fellow workmen that I done all good I could but I told them to report or else they both would perish. They dug a pit for me and tumbled into it themselves and there that fight against the saints of the most high God will perish and will become as dung under their feet. On November 12, 1842 it rained very fast. I had certain things to do that was likely to be done. I prayed to the Lord for Him to stop it and He did. He answered my prayer. On 18 November 1842 I was carrying a load of flour and strained my back very bad. Brother Banks Elder anointed me with holy oil and I felt it no more. On the 11 December 1942, Ann Kettiwell (Rothwell) refuses to marry. On the 2 Dec 1842 Ann Kittewell (Rothwell) said that she __________ would? On On the 20 December 1842 in Manchester, Sister Mary Wood testified before the brethren and sisters that she had it revealed to her the Friday night before the meeting, that would be on the 16 of December 1842, that Brother George Robinson was a man of God and that I should stand at the bar of God and she hoped that she would be there too. 1843 On the 16 February 1843 revelation given to me, George Robinson, at 11 o’clock in the forenoon on the Victoria Bridge, Manchester, I heard a voice say these words as follows: The God of thy salvation Shall bring thee to the end And thou shall meet a brother A kind and faithful friend Be kind and he faithful And thy promises are sure The God of Old Jacob Shall land thee safe on shore. On the 19 September 1843, a dream about drunkenness. On the 23 September it was fulfilled. On the 28 September 1843 war was declared against the Latter-day Saints by Dan Mosely, a Methodist preacher, to George Robinson. On the 25 of October 1843, a dream of changing from mortal to immortal. On the 27 of October 1843 bought a watch of Mr. Taylor because the Lord had promised him one. (Note by Carolyn Christensen - The following incidents took place in America) 1857 March the 9, 1857, I George Robinson, began to plow in his field. Before I began, I fell down on my knees and called on the name of the Lord and asked him to bless the land and bless the boy that was with me, and bless the oxen and the plough. On the 12 and 13 of March I sewed the wheat and I fell down and prayed to my Heavenly Father and asked him to bless the seed I was about to put in the ground and that His Holy spirit might give the increase and send 75 bushel to the acre for the up-building of your Kingdom. March 14, I was grubbing and plowing - fell down before I began and worshiped the lord. Sunday, March 15, washed all over, went to meeting, heard Br. Geats preach. On March 16, laying off for beets, parsnips, carrots, peas with an arrow gater. The Same day, my wife and Eliza and Elizabeth (daughters) planted beets, parsnips and carrots and peas, ground cherries and cabbage seeds. I called them all together and we bowed down on the earth and prayed for the Holy Spirit to rest down upon us, and I being the head, prayed that the Lord would bless the seeds that we were about to put in the ground that it might yield abundantly for the up-building of they Kingdom. Tuesday 17 March went with my family in the field again, bowing down on the earth called on the name of the lord to bless the seed and bless the land that it might yield its treasures to the up=building of the Kingdom. 18 March plowing the land, fell down and prayed the Lord, asked him to bless the land, the oxen, the plow and that his Holy Spirit might rest upon all there. 19 March me, Samuel and John went to the canyon for poles. _______a mighty hurricane blew up. Never saw its equal. Friday, March 20, putting up the fences me and Samuel and John. On 21 March, (Saturday), I went with a load to the big city for Br. T. Sutton. Sunday, the 22 March, went to the tabernacle -- I heard Br. Richards, Br. Kimball in the afternoon, and Br. Wellock and Br. Kimball. Also saw D. D. Wells, which I was highly favored in hearing the men of God. Samuel, and I and Br. Green started to work the canal. Mon. 23 March I came back from the big city in one day with an oxen. Tues. 24 March I plowed the land for wheat. Sat. 28 March sewed wheat and _________. Sun 29 March washed all over and went to meeting.

ROBINSON FAMILY- Early Church Information

Contributor: Chynna67 Created: 3 years ago Updated: 3 years ago

• Birth 8 Mar 1833 Salford, Lancashire, England Gender Male Residence 1848 McOlney's Camp Branch, Pottawattamie, Iowa, USA [6] Residence 1851 Macedonia Camp Branch, Pottawattamie, Iowa, USA [6] Person ID I50822 Early Latter-day Saints Last Modified 07 Feb 2007 • Father George M. Robinson, b. 4 Jan 1800, Manchester, Lancashire, England , d. 24 Jun 1883, American Fork, Utah, Utah, USA Mother Sarah Ann Holt, b. 6 Mar 1804, Manchester, Lancashire, England Family ID F18207 Group Sheet • • Notes oName transcribed from the Iowa Branches Members Index 1839 - 1859, Volumes I & II by Ronald G. Watt. Historical Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1991. Copyright by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Note: Stated in record above, "Received into the branch 17 March 1850" Note: Stated in record above, "17 years old" • Sources 1.[S12] Internet Link - BYU Winter Quarters Project - *****************************. 2.[S13] Internet Link - Pioneer Research Group Project - ***********************************. 3.[S15] USA - 1850 United States Census, US Census Bureau, Iowa, Pottawattamie, Family #618. 4.[S10] Periodical - The Nauvoo Journal, (Salt Lake City, Utah, 1989-1999), John B. Walker Company, 1852. 5.[S51105] 6.[S3] LDS - Iowa Branches Members Index 1829 - 1859, Volumes I and II, Watt, Ronald G., (Historical Department Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1991,).

Life timeline of George Robinson

George Robinson was born on 6 Jan 1800
George Robinson was 19 years old when Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles founds Singapore. Sir Thomas Stamford Bingley Raffles, FRS was a British statesman, Lieutenant-Governor of British Java (1811–1815) and Governor-General of Bencoolen (1817–1822), best known for his founding of Singapore and the British Malaya.
George Robinson was 26 years old when The Erie Canal opens: Passage from Albany, New York to Lake Erie. The Erie Canal is a canal in New York, United States that is part of the east–west, cross-state route of the New York State Canal System. Originally, it ran 363 miles (584 km) from where Albany meets the Hudson River to where Buffalo meets Lake Erie. It was built to create a navigable water route from New York City and the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes. When completed in 1825, it was the second longest canal in the world and greatly affected the development and economy of New York, New York City, and the United States.
George Robinson was 32 years old when Charles Darwin embarks on his journey aboard HMS Beagle, during which he will begin to formulate his theory of evolution. Charles Robert Darwin, was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution. He established that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors and, in a joint publication with Alfred Russel Wallace, introduced his scientific theory that this branching pattern of evolution resulted from a process that he called natural selection, in which the struggle for existence has a similar effect to the artificial selection involved in selective breeding.
George Robinson was 40 years old when Samuel Morse receives the patent for the telegraph. Samuel Finley Breese Morse was an American painter and inventor. After having established his reputation as a portrait painter, in his middle age Morse contributed to the invention of a single-wire telegraph system based on European telegraphs. He was a co-developer of the Morse code and helped to develop the commercial use of telegraphy.
George Robinson was 60 years old when Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species. Charles Robert Darwin, was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution. He established that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors and, in a joint publication with Alfred Russel Wallace, introduced his scientific theory that this branching pattern of evolution resulted from a process that he called natural selection, in which the struggle for existence has a similar effect to the artificial selection involved in selective breeding.
George Robinson was 63 years old when U.S. President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring the freedom of all slaves in Confederate territory by January 1, 1863. Abraham Lincoln was an American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th President of the United States from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. Lincoln led the United States through the American Civil War—its bloodiest war and perhaps its greatest moral, constitutional, and political crisis. In doing so, he preserved the Union, abolished slavery, strengthened the federal government, and modernized the economy.
George Robinson was 78 years old when Thomas Edison announces his invention of the phonograph, a machine that can record and play sound. Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor and businessman, who has been described as America's greatest inventor. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb. Dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park", he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention, and is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory.
George Robinson died on 24 Jun 1884 at the age of 84
Grave record for George Robinson (6 Jan 1800 - 24 Jun 1884), BillionGraves Record 66558 American Fork, Utah, Utah, United States