Eunice W. Cammack

21 Nov 1909 - 10 Jul 2001


Eunice W. Cammack

21 Nov 1909 - 10 Jul 2001
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

The following is taken from a life history written by Eunice Cammack: I was born November 21, 1909, in a log house in the little town of Sterling, Idaho. My parents were Richard Alvin Ward and Irene Johns Ward. I was the 4th child joining Willis, Harley, and Hilda. My parents had come to Sterling in
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Eunice W. Cammack
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Eunice W. Cammack


Riverside Thomas Cemetery

939-949 State Highway 39
Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho
United States


November 3, 2013


July 21, 2013

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Eunice W....

We found more records about Eunice W. Cammack.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Eunice W.


Eunice W. Cammack is buried in the Riverside Thomas Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Eunice Mary Ward Cammack

Contributor: kara.mcmurray Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

The following is taken from a life history written by Eunice Cammack: I was born November 21, 1909, in a log house in the little town of Sterling, Idaho. My parents were Richard Alvin Ward and Irene Johns Ward. I was the 4th child joining Willis, Harley, and Hilda. My parents had come to Sterling in 1904 from Woodruff, Utah. Seven more siblings were born into the family, Velean, Eurilla, Owen, Vyron, Floyd, Idella, and LeLand When I was 5 years old, Father started to build us a new home. It had nine rooms on the main floor with two rooms upstairs and two rooms in the basement and two large porches. It was a wonderful home for our family of 13 people. We had a Declo plant that gave us electricity and also hot and cold water in the house. My childhood was very carefree and happy. I loved to play house and loved my dolls dearly. I have many fond memories growing up with my 6 brothers and 4 sisters. We had many parties at our house and friends were always welcome. Activity in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was always important. Father served as Bishop for 15 years and Mother was Relief Society President along with many other callings. I always enjoyed primary, sunday school, and mutual. I took some piano lessons and loved to play so my first calling at 13 years old was organist for sunday school. During my mutual years we took several trips to the Logan, Utah temple to do baptisms for the dead. I really enjoyed those trips. I had a lot of ear ache as a child. One day I was standing by the outside door of our kitchen and Mother was standing by the stove. I heard her call my name and I turned around. She said, "Eunice , didn't you hear me until this time I called"? I answered, "No, I didn't". She called me to her and told me that she had called many times and was afraid I was getting hard of hearing. I had measles, scarlet fever, and the flu; all of which seemed to have an effect on my ears and made my hearing worse. I was very deaf by the time I was in 6th grade, but I had a very kind teacher, Eulalie Teichert. She had me sit up front and insisted the other pupils speak loud enough for me to hear. She was also my teacher in 7th grade and two subjects in 8th grade.My parents took me to many doctors over the years, but nothing they did seemed to help my hearing loss. When Dr. Pond told my folks that there was not anything that could be done for my hearing loss, I thought to myself, "Maybe you can't, but God can and will". I prayed during those years of my youth not for a miraculous healing, but that God would grant me enough hearing that I could hold my own. Also, that if I did marry, I could hear the voices of my children. The obtaining of a hearing aide in the 1940's was a great blessing. One night, at a dance, a new boy walked in and I was introduced to him, Wilbert Cammack. We danced and he asked if he could take me home and he did. I found out his family had recently moved to Pingree from the Lost River area. During the winter of 1929, I became very ill. It was 40 degrees below zero and the snow was above the fence posts. My parents made me a bed in the sleigh and took me by sleigh to Aberdeen where the doctor examined me and said I had to get to the hospital in Pocatello. I was taken by car to Pocatello where I was operated on for acute appendicitis and spent 15 days in the hospital. On about the 4th night, Wilbert came to see me and kissed me right in from of my Mother. I was mighty glad to see him. I had a long recovery, but Wilbert visited regularly. On Easter, Wilbert asked me to marry him and I very happily said "Yes". He gave me a diamond ring for Christmas and we were married January 24, 1930 in the Logan Temple. We lived in two rooms of an old hotel that was used for the church in Pingree. It was the great depression and times were hard. Wilbert had a job at the Pingree store, but by March 1st of 1931, they could no longer pay him a wage. We were expecting our first baby and went to stay with my parents who now lived in Pocatello (The farm in Sterling was now covered by the American Falls Dam). Our daughter, Rodonna, was born March 21, 1931. The next few years were spent in Pingree working on farms, selling milk from our cow, and working for the sugar beet company for 35 cents per hour. We were never broke because we always kept 25 cents until the next milk check came. On February 17, 1933 our second child, Ward Wilbert was born. In 1935, we purchased a 40-acre farm in Riverside, Idaho. In 1937, sadness filled our hearts when a baby girl was still born. On July 13, 1939, a baby girl, Elaine, was born. Our last child, Farrell Devon, was born on June 21, 1942. Our years in Riverside were very happy ones. We made several very special friends. No one had any money, but we would get together every other week at someone's home for dinner and play games, and the other week we would attend the church dance. I always raised a big garden and canned from 500 to 600 quarts of fruits and vegetables every year. We were busy with church service with Wilbert a counselor in the bishopric and I served as R.S. President. In 1944 we bought a dairy in Blackfoot. We spent a couple of years on Airport Road where we milked the cows then we sold the cows and bought a dairy at 498 S. Fisher Street in Blackfoot where we bought the milk from farmers and processed and delivered the milk. We worked very hard to make Cammack Dairy a success. I helped in the dairy running the bottle washer and Rodonna and Ward delivered milk each morning before going to school. The dairy started paying off and provided a good living for the family. In Blackfoot we continued our service to family, church, and community. In 1964, Wilbert was elected to the State Legislature and served for 8 years. This increased our community involvement. I was president of the Legislature Ladies, I volunteered for the Extension Service for 8 years sand served as Idaho's Bicycle Safety Chairman. I served on the Library Board and worked with the Red Cross and Cancer societies. I was the first woman to receive Blackfoot's "Best Foot Forward" award from the local Chamber of Commerce. I spearheaded the restoration of the John Brown house for it to become the Bingham County Museum and served as director of the museum for 19 years. After 55 years of marriage, Wilbert passed away on April 4, 1985. We had a great life together and I miss him, but I know I will be with him throughout eternity. I have always felt that the greatest service has been to my family and church. I have always strived to serve in my many callings in the church to the best of my ability. A highlight was being able to sing in the choir at the dedication of the Idaho Falls Temple in 1945. I taught Sunday School classes for the youth for 12 years and hope I was a good influence on them. Elaine and Farrell were in my classes. After Wilbert passed away, I was asked to be over the single adults in our stake. We planned many activities and short trips. I served until 87 years of age. I have been so blessed with wonderful children: Rodonna married Ted Katseanes and had 6 children, Ward married Ardith Ogden and had 5 children, Elaine married McKell Crawford and had 5 children and Farrell married Eunice Johnson and had 2 children. They have all been so good to me. Even though Farrell and Eunice divorced, Eunice continued to visit me regularly. All of the family would come to our house every Christmas Eve--what wonderful memories. The greatest desire of my life is that I have taught my children such that they will have an undying testimony that God lives. This I testify that He does and will answer our prayers if we open the windows of heaven through humble prayer. If I could be granted one wish, it would be that all my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren live their religion and stay close to Heavenly Father. Eunice Cammack passed away June 10, 2001. in Idaho Falls, Idaho at the age of 91 At the time of her death, she was survived by her 4 children, 18 grandchildren, 53 great grandchildren, and 1 great granddaughter.

Life timeline of Eunice W. Cammack

Eunice W. Cammack was born on 21 Nov 1909
Eunice W. Cammack was 2 years old when The British passenger liner RMS Titanic sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two hours and forty minutes after hitting an iceberg. Only 710 of 2,227 passengers and crew on board survive. RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early hours of 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. There were an estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, and more than 1,500 died, making it one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history. RMS Titanic was the largest ship afloat at the time it entered service and was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line. It was built by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. Thomas Andrews, her architect, died in the disaster.
Eunice W. Cammack was 20 years old when The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or "Black Tuesday", ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression. The New York Stock Exchange, is an American stock exchange located at 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York. It is by far the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization of its listed companies at US$21.3 trillion as of June 2017. The average daily trading value was approximately US$169 billion in 2013. The NYSE trading floor is located at 11 Wall Street and is composed of 21 rooms used for the facilitation of trading. A fifth trading room, located at 30 Broad Street, was closed in February 2007. The main building and the 11 Wall Street building were designated National Historic Landmarks in 1978.
Eunice W. Cammack was 30 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
Eunice W. Cammack was 35 years old when World War II: The Allied invasion of Normandy—codenamed Operation Overlord—begins with the execution of Operation Neptune (commonly referred to as D-Day), the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The Allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history. The Allies of World War II, called the United Nations from the 1 January 1942 declaration, were the countries that together opposed the Axis powers during the Second World War (1939–1945). The Allies promoted the alliance as a means to control German, Japanese and Italian aggression.
Eunice W. Cammack was 46 years old when Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California. The Disneyland Hotel is a resort hotel located at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, owned by the Walt Disney Company and operated through its Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products division. Opened on October 5, 1955, as a motor inn owned and operated by Jack Wrather under an agreement with Walt Disney, the hotel was the first to officially bear the Disney name. Under Wrather's ownership, the hotel underwent several expansions and renovations over the years before being acquired by Disney in 1988. The hotel was downsized to its present capacity in 1999 as part of the Disneyland Resort expansion.
Eunice W. Cammack was 60 years old when During the Apollo 11 mission, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon. Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two people on the Moon. Mission commander Neil Armstrong and pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the lunar module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC. Armstrong became the first person to step onto the lunar surface six hours after landing on July 21 at 02:56:15 UTC; Aldrin joined him about 20 minutes later. They spent about two and a quarter hours together outside the spacecraft, and collected 47.5 pounds (21.5 kg) of lunar material to bring back to Earth. Michael Collins piloted the command module Columbia alone in lunar orbit while they were on the Moon's surface. Armstrong and Aldrin spent 21.5 hours on the lunar surface before rejoining Columbia in lunar orbit.
Eunice W. Cammack was 68 years old when Star Wars is released in theaters. Star Wars is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It is the first film in the original Star Wars trilogy and the beginning of the Star Wars franchise. Starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew, the film focuses on the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia (Fisher), and its attempt to destroy the Galactic Empire's space station, the Death Star.
Eunice W. Cammack was 71 years old when The first launch of a Space Shuttle (Columbia) takes place: The STS-1 mission. The Space Shuttle was a partially reusable low Earth orbital spacecraft system operated by the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), as part of the Space Shuttle program. Its official program name was Space Transportation System (STS), taken from a 1969 plan for a system of reusable spacecraft of which it was the only item funded for development. The first of four orbital test flights occurred in 1981, leading to operational flights beginning in 1982. In addition to the prototype whose completion was cancelled, five complete Shuttle systems were built and used on a total of 135 missions from 1981 to 2011, launched from the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida. Operational missions launched numerous satellites, interplanetary probes, and the Hubble Space Telescope (HST); conducted science experiments in orbit; and participated in construction and servicing of the International Space Station. The Shuttle fleet's total mission time was 1322 days, 19 hours, 21 minutes and 23 seconds.
Eunice W. Cammack was 84 years old when The Rwandan genocide begins when the aircraft carrying Rwandan president Juvénal Habyarimana and Burundian president Cyprien Ntaryamira is shot down. The Rwandan genocide, also known as the genocide against the Tutsi, was a genocidal mass slaughter of Tutsi in Rwanda by members of the Hutu majority government. An estimated 500,000 to 1,000,000 Rwandans were killed during the 100-day period from 7 April to mid-July 1994, constituting as many as 70% of the Tutsi population. Additionally, 30% of the Pygmy Batwa were killed. The genocide and widespread slaughter of Rwandans ended when the Tutsi-backed and heavily armed Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF) led by Paul Kagame took control of the country. An estimated 2,000,000 Rwandans, mostly Hutus, were displaced and became refugees.
Eunice W. Cammack died on 10 Jul 2001 at the age of 91
Grave record for Eunice W. Cammack (21 Nov 1909 - 10 Jul 2001), BillionGraves Record 5762064 Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho, United States