Daisy M. Bell

27 Sep 1903 - 15 Feb 1994


Daisy M. Bell

27 Sep 1903 - 15 Feb 1994
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Grave site information of Daisy M. Bell (27 Sep 1903 - 15 Feb 1994) at Riverside Thomas Cemetery in Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho, United States from BillionGraves
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Daisy M. Bell
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with BillionGraves.com!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Daisy M. Bell


Riverside Thomas Cemetery

939-949 State Highway 39
Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho
United States


December 24, 2013


July 29, 2013

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Daisy M....

We found more records about Daisy M. Bell.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Daisy M.


Daisy M. Bell is buried in the Riverside Thomas Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



History of William Avery Goodwin written by Avery LeRoy Goodwin and Karen G. Keller

Contributor: jperren Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

William Avery Goodwin, the eldest son of John William Goodwin and Catherine Maria Staker, was born 8 August 1876 at Sugar House, Salt Lake County, Utah. He married Carrie A. Anderson, daughter of Andrus and Ingrid Neilson Anderson, in the Salt Lake Temple 22 December 1897. This was just about one and a half years after the temple was dedicated. They attended the dedication of the temple when they were courting. Avery and Carrie made their home in Holladay, Utah where Avery was employed at a nursery owned by a man named Callihan. The first summer of their married life was spent in a tent in Robert Walters' orchard. Their first child, William Leslie, was born in Holladay on 1 December 1898. They then moved to Forest Dale where Avery was employed on an ice wagon for a short time. Upon moving back to Holladay he started working in the smelters, driving seven miles with horse and cart to get to work. He worked here the larger part of nine years--there were times when he would become so full of lead from the smelter that he would have to lay off for short periods of time. His wages were $90.00 per month, which were good wages at that time. During these years, three girls were born to them: Carrie Alberta on 25 November 1901; Daisy Maria on 27 September 1903; Iva Ruth on 20 May 1906. Their next move was to a large dude ranch, called Brighton Hotel and Cabins, located at the end of Cottonwood Canyon. They managed this for one summer. Avery took care of the horses, cows, and pool room, and Carrie had charge of dining rooms where she cooked and served the meals. She also did some washing and ironing for the guests, some of whom were President Heber J. Grant and his wife. Carrie and Avery knew in their lifetime together all the Presidents of the Church except Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. Several Presidents were frequent visitors of the various wards where Carrie and Avery attended church. From the Brighton Resort, Avery once more returned to the smelters in Holladay, but his health became so bad they decided to find more healthful employment, and they came to Idaho and bought a small acreage from his brother-in-law, Edward Turpin. Avery came to Idaho without his family and built a two-room house, then returned and worked for one year to get enough money to make payments on the place. The first of March 1908 he shipped their furniture, horses, and cows along with Nathan Goodwin's and Ed Turpin's in an immigration car on the railroad, destination Blackfoot, Idaho, at the cost of $80.00. Ed Turpin came as an attendant, but George Goodwin shipped in as a stowaway, hiding under the davenport when railroad men were around. It took some persuasion to get him to come out of hiding and get off at Blackfoot. Blackfoot at this time was mud over the hubs of the big wagon wheels, the sidewalks were three planks, and every other door was a saloon. Carrie came on the same train with her four children, all of them had whooping cough. Her folks, Ingrid and Andrus Anderson met her at the train and took her and her children to their home for about a month. When Avery arrived at Thomas, he moved his family into their first home. They worked very hard that first summer, grubbing sage brush to clear the land and making dobbies to line the house for warmth. These dobbies were made of mud and straw, and were made by Carrie and her children by working the mud and straw with their feet until it was well mixed then poured into wooden molds to dry. When dry, they were taken from the molds and mortered together with mud to make a lining for the board walls. The next few years were a real struggle making a living. Avery did quite a bit of carpentry for neighbors. He began teaching in the Sunday School which was the beginning of a long and enviable record of Church service. His love was the Sunday School where he served as a teacher assistant to the Superintendant, and then 22 years as Sunday School Superintendant. He loved working with the young people. He was especially good at dramatics and worked in the Mutual for many years. He helped produce and acted in a good many plays. His fine sense of humor was a great asset in working with the young people, and he had the loyal support of his wife at home who served a great part in making costumes and doing chores so that he could be free to work in the Church. He served as President of the Elder's Quorum with Jake Van Orden as a Counselor, and also as a home missionary. Their home was humble with much happiness and joy. Their last three sons were born in this home in Thomas: Avery LeRoy born 29 August 1910, Chester LaMar born 29 December 1912, and Philip John born 21 March 1916. They were blessed with seven fine children, but this didn't keep them from joining with neighbors and friends in old-fashioned fun fests. The children were bundled up and everybody gathered at one of the homes, there to eat, dance, play games, and enjoy all the things that good neighbors can enjoy together. To name just a few of these good neighbors: Hans and Kate Christiansen, Flo and Ed Turpin, Mame and Dave Broadhead, Nate and Sarah Goodwin, and others who loved to join in these house parties. When the children were quite young, Avery took them to the circus in Blackfoot; two weeks later when the family were thinning beets, this was just before the 4th of July, Avery took very ill and had to go to the doctor who told him he had Small Pox, and since there were no other cases in Blackfoot, he must have been exposed at the circus. The family was all quarantined and Avery was isolated from the rest of the family in the bedroom. Since Bertie was the only one who had had the Small Pox vaccine, she cared for her Father. Avery even climbed out the window to go to the toilet to avoid any contact with the other members of his family. When he was well and the family was out of quarantine, Carrie put on his house slippers and in due time came down with the Small Pox--the family was quarantined again. The children were all vaccinated that summer--some of them three and four times before the vaccine took. None of them got the Small Pox, but it was about two months before the family was out of quarantine. This was the time of the old-fashioned threshing machine drawn by 12 horses and owned by Mr. Botts. Threshing time was really fun for the children and they looked forward to it as though it were a circus. Some time later, the first steam threshing machine came into the area. The first one was owned by Mr. Swanberg. Threshing time spelled hard work for most--it meant getting dinner for about 22 healthy appetites, and often just getting the dishes all cleared away in time to start preparing supper for the group again. The only doctor in the area for some time was Granny Crawford. She brought the greater part of all babies born in the ward. While working on the roof of Chase Rich's home in June 1928, Avery suffered a stroke. He partially recovered from this first stroke, but in the months that followed he had others, and three years after the first one, he passed away on 2 July 1931 at his home in Thomas, Bingham, Idaho. He was buried the 5 July 1931 in the Thomas-Riverside Cemetary. At the time of his death, four of his children were married: Leslie married LaVaun Scott on 20 October 1920, Alberta married Earl Van Walker on 1 June 1921, Daisy married Albert Lorenzo Bell on 22 November 1923, and Iva married Clifford Bell Traughber on 14 February 1927. This left Carrie and her three sons, LeRoy, Chet, and Phil to run the farm, and they experienced some very hard times. Avery LeRoy married Margaret M. Hudson on 24 June 1933. LeRoy thinned beets to earn the money to pay for their marriage license. Three months later on 17 September 1933, Chester married Vanona Wright, and three years later on 30 November 1936, Philip married Julia Mae Hudson. The unique thing here was that the sisters--Julia and Margaret Hudson married brothers, Philip and Leroy Goodwin. LeRoy and Margaret bought the home place from Carrie with the provision that she would always have a home with their family. At first Carrie lived in the front two and Roy and Margaret lived in the back three rooms, but this made a lot of chasing back and forth, so in time they all lived as one family. However, Carrie always had her own room where she could enjoy some privacy when she desired. When there was illness with any of her family, Carrie was the first one there and would stay until the crises was over. She was the center of the family joys and pleasures. She was as wonderful a Grandmother as she had been a Mother. A lot of her time was spent with her Grandchildren curling dandelions, making Holly Hock dolls, etc. Mostly her Grandchildren will remember the stories she told them. Some were funny, some most sacred, others were sad, but her specialties were her own experiences told in the dialects of the people who lived them--these she told as often as her grandchildren could coax them from her. Carrie spent her life on the 20 acres that she and Avery had so lovingly made to blossom for their family, with the exception of one winter that she spent with some of her children while she was sick and the old home was cold and the out-house colder. She made short visits to her children's homes, but she always felt better in her own bedroom with her cherished belongings: her feather bed, her old treadle Singer sewing machine, their precious phonograph, the big family Bible that Avery had given her for her birthday in 1901, and her favorite rocking chair. In 1952, LeRoy and Margaret built a new home on the family farm. The old home was sold and taken away. It now stands on a hill five miles west of Moreland, Idaho on the old Arco Highway. It has had a face-lifting, but the wonderful memories that were made inside those four dobbie walls can never be erased. Carrie had her own room in the new home with all her loved possessions. She did enjoy the furnace, bathroom (no two-holer now), and while she had so few idle hours in her life time, she did really enjoy the television now. When her Granddaughter, Margaret Anne was married 29 January 1953, Carrie (at the age of 75) with her faithful old Singer sewing machine (age unknown) fashioned a beautiful long formal for her Granddaughter Karen to wear as a Bridesmaid. She loved being useful and doing for others. In December 1956, Carrie fell and from that time on was bedfast. She grew gradually weaker until she passed away in her sleep the morning of 16 January 1957, and was laid to rest beside her husband on the 18 January 1957. After 26 years apart they were now together never to be parted. They had 7 children, 26 grandchildren, 54 great-grandchildren, and 5 great-great-grandchildren as of this day 9 September 1964.

Life timeline of Daisy M. Bell

Daisy M. Bell was born on 27 Sep 1903
Daisy M. Bell was 13 years old when Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was forced to abdicate in the February Revolution, ending three centuries of Romanov rule. Nicholas II or Nikolai II, known as Saint Nicholas in the Russian Orthodox Church, was the last Emperor of Russia, ruling from 1 November 1894 until his forced abdication on 15 March 1917. His reign saw the fall of the Russian Empire from one of the foremost great powers of the world to economic and military collapse. He was given the nickname Nicholas the Bloody or Vile Nicholas by his political adversaries due to the Khodynka Tragedy, anti-Semitic pogroms, Bloody Sunday, the violent suppression of the 1905 Russian Revolution, the executions of political opponents, and his perceived responsibility for the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905). Soviet historians portray Nicholas as a weak and incompetent leader whose decisions led to military defeats and the deaths of millions of his subjects.
Daisy M. Bell was 25 years old when Walt Disney character Mickey Mouse premieres in his first cartoon, "Plane Crazy". Walter Elias Disney was an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and film producer. A pioneer of the American animation industry, he introduced several developments in the production of cartoons. As a film producer, Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards earned by an individual, having won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations. He was presented with two Golden Globe Special Achievement Awards and an Emmy Award, among other honors. Several of his films are included in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress.
Daisy M. Bell was 36 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
Daisy M. Bell was 42 years old when World War II: German forces in the west agree to an unconditional surrender. The German Instrument of Surrender ended World War II in Europe. The definitive text was signed in Karlshorst, Berlin, on the night of 8 May 1945 by representatives of the three armed services of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW) and the Allied Expeditionary Force together with the Supreme High Command of the Red Army, with further French and US representatives signing as witnesses. The signing took place 9 May 1945 at 00:16 local time.
Daisy M. Bell was 54 years old when Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth. The Space Race refers to the 20th-century competition between two Cold War rivals, the Soviet Union (USSR) and the United States (US), for dominance in spaceflight capability. It had its origins in the missile-based nuclear arms race between the two nations that occurred following World War II, aided by captured German missile technology and personnel from the Aggregat program. The technological superiority required for such dominance was seen as necessary for national security, and symbolic of ideological superiority. The Space Race spawned pioneering efforts to launch artificial satellites, uncrewed space probes of the Moon, Venus, and Mars, and human spaceflight in low Earth orbit and to the Moon.
Daisy M. Bell was 61 years old when Martin Luther King Jr. received the Nobel Peace Prize for combating racial inequality through nonviolence. Martin Luther King Jr. was an American Baptist minister and activist who became the most visible spokesperson and leader in the civil rights movement from 1954 until his death in 1968. Born in Atlanta, King is best known for advancing civil rights through nonviolence and civil disobedience, tactics his Christian beliefs and the nonviolent activism of Mahatma Gandhi helped inspire.
Daisy M. Bell was 69 years old when Munich massacre: Nine Israeli athletes die (along with a German policeman) at the hands of the Palestinian "Black September" terrorist group after being taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games. Two other Israeli athletes were slain in the initial attack the previous day. The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, in which the Palestinian terrorist group Black September took eleven Israeli Olympic team members hostage and killed them along with a West German police officer.
Daisy M. Bell was 77 years old when Mount St. Helens erupts in Washington, United States, killing 57 people and causing $3 billion in damage. Mount St. Helens or Louwala-Clough is an active stratovolcano located in Skamania County, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. It is 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Portland, Oregon and 96 miles (154 km) south of Seattle, Washington. Mount St. Helens takes its English name from the British diplomat Lord St Helens, a friend of explorer George Vancouver who made a survey of the area in the late 18th century. The volcano is located in the Cascade Range and is part of the Cascade Volcanic Arc, a segment of the Pacific Ring of Fire that includes over 160 active volcanoes. This volcano is well known for its ash explosions and pyroclastic flows.
Daisy M. Bell died on 15 Feb 1994 at the age of 90
Grave record for Daisy M. Bell (27 Sep 1903 - 15 Feb 1994), BillionGraves Record 6232734 Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho, United States