Clinton Ulyssis Bronson

2 Nov 1909 - 22 Oct 1985


Clinton Ulyssis Bronson

2 Nov 1909 - 22 Oct 1985
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Grave site information of Clinton Ulyssis Bronson (2 Nov 1909 - 22 Oct 1985) at Elwood Cemetery in Elwood, Box Elder, Utah, United States from BillionGraves
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Clinton Ulyssis Bronson
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Clinton Ulyssis Bronson


Elwood Cemetery

West 10000 North
Elwood, Box Elder, Utah
United States


April 4, 2013


April 4, 2013

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Clinton Ulyssis...

We found more records about Clinton Ulyssis Bronson.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Clinton Ulyssis


Clinton Ulyssis Bronson is buried in the Elwood Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



The Wild Animal Story

Contributor: koand Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

THE WILD ANIMAL STORY Clint always stopped by my house when he went by. He would just talk, or sometimes talk about the next Sundays Gospel Doctrine lesson. He was the class teacher. This went on for a long time. I just expected him to come by often. One day he asks, “Why don’t you stop over at my house when you go that way? I see you stop at moms and I live right there beside her.” I said, “Well, you have those dogs in the yard, and I am afraid of dogs. So, I can’t come in.” It was about a month later. Clint had not stopped by. One day when I was at moms, Clint came in. I said, “Where have you been? You never stop by any more.” He said, “Well, you always have that cat sitting on the porch. I am afraid to come in.” He had got me good. We all had a good laugh about that. He had a great way of getting even with me. He started to come over again soon after that. I always enjoyed his visits. By: Afton Bronson DeHart, sister

Story of my life by Clinton Bronson

Contributor: koand Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

I, Clinton Ulysses Bronson was born the 2nd of November 1909 at Elwood Utah, the eldest son of John Henry Bronson and Josephine May Earl. When I was about 4 years old we moved to Cokeville, Wyoming where father took up a homestead. Then, to help make ends meet father took a job up in the hills helping to dip sheep. One noon hour while preparing dinner over an open bonfire father’s pant legs caught fire. Being soaked with sheep dip and grease they blazed up as though soaked with gas. Upon seeing this one of the men grabbed a bucket of water and threw it on the fire. This was one of the worse things that could have been done, for it scolded father’s legs very severely. In fact, his right leg was scalded so bad that the flesh fell off to the bone over a large portion from the knee to the ankle. He had to sit with his leg up on the back of a chair for about three months and it was nine months before he could walk, so we had to give up the homestead and come back to Tremonton. Here it was that I started school, my teacher being Miss Bessie Hill. She was a neighbor of ours before we left Elwood for Wyoming. I went one year to Tremonton. We then moved back to Elwood where I attended school one term, my teacher being Miss Carry Larsen. From her we moved to Union and I spent one term at school there. Then once again we moved back to Elwood where I finished my elementary schooling under the following teachers; Miss McCulle, Miss Mesda Abel, and Thomas Albert Meldrum. By the time I had reached my sixth year of school I was milking from five to six head of cows; feeding and watering them and tending five and six head of horses, pumping the water from an old picture pump. I also bought two dozen traps and ran a trap line before and after school to make a little spending money. I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by Brother Hans Peter Rasmussen out in front of his home in what we called the Highland ditch. This ditch was used for an irrigation purposes. I spent the summer months helping father on the farm to help him make a living for my seven brothers and sisters. This proved to be quite a task as father was buying the farm and payments had to be made twice a year. High School held little interest for me so I went but two seasons beginning in December and ending in April. I then became 16 years if age and didn’t have to go, so I obtained a job with Uncle Lew on his hay baler during the winter months to help the family out. Then to help out with expenses, I went to work on the threshing machine to pay our threshing bill. I helped father and worked as a farm hand until the year I was married. This event took place in the Logan Temple on the 15th of March, 1933, when I was sealed to Annie Elnora Egbert, daughter of Joseph Smith Egbert and Susan Reeder Bott, of Brigham City, Utah. Our first child, Carol Ann, was born February 28, 1934 at Collinston, Utah, where we moved to milk cows for the winter. When spring came we moved back to Elwood where I labored as a dollar and a half a day. When fall harvest began I obtained a job on a company threshing machine during the harvest for a couple of years. About this time, in fact it was the 11th day of March, 1936 our second daughter Charlene was born. That fall the president of the threshing company came and asked me to manage their machine for seven dollars a day. This job I held for about six years. During the off season I obtained work with different building contractors building houses. This work appealed to me and I worked at it as often as possible until I learned the trade well enough to go into the building trade on my own. I followed this trade for a number of years and helped to build the Bushnell General hospital. This was a 1500 bed government hospital built in Brigham City, Utah during World War II. I was while I was employed on this job hat our last child and only son, Vernal was born on the 19th of January, 1941 All my life I have been an ardent lover of the out-of-doors; fishing, hunting and as stated before a little trapping thrown in. As I remember it was in the spring of 1936 after passing through a hard winter without employment, I was in town seeking employment.. This being in February and the trapping season being in full swing,, it was only natural I should stop and admire the display of traps in the store window.. Now, my mother’s brother happened to be a clerk in this store and knowing that I was perhaps thinking of days gone by, my uncle came over and tried to sell me some of the traps. Now, this was during an extremely severe depression and as I have already stated, after struggling through the winter without work I was a bit hard pressed for money, having but five dollars to my name. However, my uncle said I could have five dozen traps and a pair of nine dollar and seventy-five cent boots on credit, this making a grand total of twenty-four dollars and seventy-five cents. So along with my uncle’s talking, a love for the out-of-doors, and visions of dollars running through my mind, I weakened. I then took the five dollars and instead of buying the groceries I had intended, I purchased a trapping license. I then hurried home with the idea of setting out some of the traps, it being about three p.m. when I got there. When the wife asked me where the groceries were and I told her what I had done, there was a minute when I thought the roof would fly completely off the house. However, after a bite of lunch, I went out to set some of my traps. I stayed until dark and succeeded in setting out two dozen and a half of the traps. The nest morning after making the trip around my trap line, I set out the rest of the traps. I went home and pelted my catch. I took the furs up to the Animal by-Product Plant in Garland and sold them for twenty-eight dollars and twenty-five cents, so my first night’s catch was just one dollar and a half less than I had spent for the traps, boot, and license. This once more brought love at home and for the rest of spring. I made some pretty good wages. When Word War Two broke out fur prices went sky high, and as I was rejected for military services, I bought six dozen more traps, built me a boat, bought a motor, and for six weeks of the year I really enjoyed myself. I stayed with the trapping every spring. One spring morning as I was running my line, I found a beaver in one of the traps. This trap I had set on an apple box end and tied to an over-hanging tree branch so that it floated about five or six feet from the bank. How the beaver ever got into it I still don’t know. However it had and as it could not reach the bank it was drowned when I got to it. Beaver at this time were protected by the state and there was a very high penalty for trapping them. However, as this one was caught by accident, instead of throwing it in the bushes, I put it in the boat and that night took it to the State Fish and Game Warden. The Warden said that because I was honest enough to turn it in instead of disposing of it, he would see that the next time that they took beaver out of the river, I would have a job. It was three years before this opportunity came. I was then given a permit and that spring after m regular trapping season I began to catch beaver on a fifty-fifty commission. In about a month I caught nearly twelve hundred dollars worth of beaver pelts. I trapped again that fall and the next spring on a commission. I was then told because of the way in which I cared for my pelts, they wanted me to work on a full time basis. I was told that there wasn’t another man in the State that turned in pelts as well taken care of as mine were. I accepted this job and was appointed a Warden and Beaver Trapper for the State of Utah. I was at the time the only full time trapper on the pay roll. I enjoyed this work for nearly five years, traveling from one end of the State to the other, transplanting live beaver in the summer and pelting them out in the spring, fall and winter. At times I took my family and we enjoyed many thrills and experiences in the High Uinta Mountains and the wilderness areas of the State of Utah. I resigned from this on on the 13th of October, 1953 and took over as Chief of Police in Tremonton City. I served as troop committeeman for Scout Troop No. 128 for two years. Then I was chosen as post adviser for Explorer Post No. 628. I am at the present time active in the Church having spent two years as First Counselor in the M.I.A. Superintendency. At the present time I am a teacher in the Sunday School, assistant teacher to the Elders Quorum. I have charge of the Fireside meeting for the Elders Quorum, also for the Special Interest class of the M.I.A. , in charge of Genealogy Class for the Elders, and a Ward teacher.

Life timeline of Clinton Ulyssis Bronson

Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was born on 2 Nov 1909
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 5 years old when Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were assassinated by a Yugoslav nationalist named Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo, sparking the outbreak of World War I. Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria-Este was a member of the imperial Habsburg dynasty, and from 1896 until his death the heir presumptive (Thronfolger) to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, which in turn triggered a series of events that resulted in Austria-Hungary's allies and Serbia's declaring war on each other, starting World War I.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 11 years old when The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage in America. The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was adopted on August 18, 1920.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 21 years old when Great Depression: In a State of the Union message, U.S. President Herbert Hoover proposes a $150 million (equivalent to $2,197,000,000 in 2017) public works program to help generate jobs and stimulate the economy. The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression that took place mostly during the 1930s, beginning in the United States. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late-1930s. It was the longest, deepest, and most widespread depression of the 20th century. In the 21st century, the Great Depression is commonly used as an example of how far the world's economy can decline.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 36 years old when World War II: Combat ends in the Pacific Theater: The Japanese Instrument of Surrender is signed by Japanese Foreign Minister Mamoru Shigemitsu and accepted aboard the battleship USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay. The Pacific War, sometimes called the Asia-Pacific War, was the theater of World War II that was fought in the Pacific and Asia. It was fought over a vast area that included the Pacific Ocean and islands, the South West Pacific, South-East Asia, and in China.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 48 years old when Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth. The Space Race refers to the 20th-century competition between two Cold War rivals, the Soviet Union (USSR) and the United States (US), for dominance in spaceflight capability. It had its origins in the missile-based nuclear arms race between the two nations that occurred following World War II, aided by captured German missile technology and personnel from the Aggregat program. The technological superiority required for such dominance was seen as necessary for national security, and symbolic of ideological superiority. The Space Race spawned pioneering efforts to launch artificial satellites, uncrewed space probes of the Moon, Venus, and Mars, and human spaceflight in low Earth orbit and to the Moon.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 54 years old when John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas, Texas; hours later, Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in aboard Air Force One as the 36th President of the United States. John Fitzgerald Kennedy, commonly referred to by his initials JFK, was an American politician who served as the 35th President of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963. He served at the height of the Cold War, and the majority of his presidency dealt with managing relations with the Soviet Union. As a member of the Democratic Party, Kennedy represented the state of Massachusetts in the United States House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate prior to becoming president.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson was 63 years old when Vietnam War: The last United States combat soldiers leave South Vietnam. The Vietnam War, also known as the Second Indochina War, and in Vietnam as the Resistance War Against America or simply the American War, was a conflict that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975. It was the second of the Indochina Wars and was officially fought between North Vietnam and the government of South Vietnam. The North Vietnamese army was supported by the Soviet Union, China, and other communist allies; the South Vietnamese army was supported by the United States, South Korea, Australia, Thailand and other anti-communist allies. The war is considered a Cold War-era proxy war by some US perspectives. The majority of Americans believe the war was unjustified. The war would last roughly 19 years and would also form the Laotian Civil War as well as the Cambodian Civil War, which also saw all three countries become communist states in 1975.
Clinton Ulyssis Bronson died on 22 Oct 1985 at the age of 76
Grave record for Clinton Ulyssis Bronson (2 Nov 1909 - 22 Oct 1985), BillionGraves Record 3469986 Elwood, Box Elder, Utah, United States