Cecil T. Clements

6 Jun 1883 - 1 Jul 1961


Cecil T. Clements

6 Jun 1883 - 1 Jul 1961
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Grave site information of Cecil T. Clements (6 Jun 1883 - 1 Jul 1961) at Rexburg Cemetery in Rexburg, Madison, Idaho, United States from BillionGraves
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Cecil T. Clements
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with BillionGraves.com!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Cecil T. Clements


Rexburg Cemetery

312 Cemetery Rd
Rexburg, Madison, Idaho
United States


Together Forever


August 4, 2011


August 4, 2011

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Cecil T....

We found more records about Cecil T. Clements.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Cecil T.


Cecil T. Clements is buried in the Rexburg Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



The Lord hears us when we pray - Return of horses

Contributor: mlmckenzie Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

“I learned while very young that the Lord hears us when we pray and very often in unusual ways, answers our prayers. About the time we moved on the farm, father took a small buck-skin mare with two colts of her own, one a colt and the other a yearling, and another yearling mare colt, across the Snake River west of Plano. There were hundreds of horses ranging in the lava beds out there (see note below). In the fall father could not find them. The next year was the same. By the time Lester [Grandpa’s brother] and I were old enough to ride, father would have us ride looking for them, as different ones would report they had seen them, that little buckskin mare and colts. Lester and I had made several trips during the second and third years, but never had we seen anything of our horses. The last trip we prayed that the Lord would help us get the long lost horses. But we saw nothing of them and came home again that nite discouraged. It was after dark when we got home and father had gone to a water ditch meeting; up in North Salem. He returned home about midnight. He awoke us and asked us if we had found the horses and we told him “No” we had seen nothing of them. He asked us if we had prayed that we might find them. We told him we had. He said, “I thought so, when I got home they were standing in the street at the corral gate. I opened the gate and they are in the corral now”. We got out of bed and with father thanked our Heavenly Father for hearing our prayer, and caused the horses to come home without troubling us to drive them. It was not the way I expected our prayer to be answered, but answered it was, in the Lord’s way. Instead of the little buckskin mare and two colts, she had had three more making five and the yearling mare had two colts of her own, making total of nine. That winter father broke to work two, five year old colts, one four year old and one three year old colt. (Cecil Clements Life History, p.3). Note: “Ranging” horses – Grandpa and others would use the area west of Plano as a place to let the horses graze free on the area. Since they had many horses, some for riding and other draft animals, allowing the horses to range (graze) on “open range” ground, reduced the amount of hay they had to grow and harvest to feed the animals. I don't believe I ever asked how many horses they used, but I had seen a picture of the combine they used to cut grain up at the dry farm at Clementsville. I asked uncle Keith how many were on those teams and he said, "Twenty-seven, four teams of 6 and 3 'on lead'". The 3 "on lead" were the horses they guided with reins and the other horses were harnessed to follow the 3 leaders. So they used many horses, both on the dry farm at Clementsville and on the farms at Hibbard. I asked uncle Keith how long it took them to get them harnessed in the morning, seemed like it would take a long time. He said not long. He and uncle Denton used to race to see who could get the teams harnessed quickest.

Unique method of discipline

Contributor: mlmckenzie Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

I’ve discussed with my sisters and brothers our parents’ unique method of discipline. For instance, Ross told me that once he and Vaun were on the ground fighting. That seemed so unlikely to me, that I asked if they were just scuffling, and he said, “No, it was a fight.” Then he looked up and saw Mother watching them, and crying. He said they never fought after that. One day, when Dad came in for dinner, Ruth and I were arguing about whose turn it was to set the table. He insisted that we sit on chairs and watch him put plates, knives, and forks for each place on the table. It was effective discipline. Our effort to convince him we’d do it was unsuccessful, and we felt so guilty. Our family always sat together at the table to eat all meals, a practice that would be beneficial for today’s families. My parents evidently didn’t believe in spanking, but Mother slapped my face once because I sassed her. I still remember the incident clearly – we were both standing by the washer in the kitchen. I don’t remember what I said, but her action was both quick and unexpected, and I knew I deserved it. From the Life History Of Bertha Bell Clements Fullmer

He worked to make life enjoyable for family

Contributor: mlmckenzie Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

During the hot summer months before refrigerators were available, milk would sour quickly, and butter melted to a pool, so Dad built a cooler. It was a square framework the width of a burlap sack, with a shelf approximately four and a half feet from the ground. Another shelf about eighteen inches above it held a tub. Dad fastened a burlap sack on each side of the structure with one end in the tub, and with water in the tub, the sacks were kept wet and enclosed the area in the lower shelf. This kept the milk cool and the butter quite firm. That was the same principle as the swamp coolers we use now. I thought my Dad was a very smart man. We called him Papa until it seemed too childish, and at first “Dad” was awkward, but it became a familiar and well-loved title. I had a wonderful childhood. Dad built a teeter-totter and a big, tall swing close to the back of the house. And when he pushed us, we could swing almost as high as the eves of the house. He brought home some rope and measured us to make the right size jump ropes for each one. We had two kinds of stilts: Holes were punched into the tops of tin cans and twine threaded through with which we held the cans tightly under our feet. Dad nailed a brace on the side of some small poles to stand on for another kind of stilts, and Irma was quite proficient. I was never brave enough to spend much time with those contraptions. I preferred to read. One winter he made a slider, and how marvelous that was! He piled snow up high – about as high as he was tall. Then he created a slope on the west of the slide and steps on the east to climb to the top. He fashioned a ridge on each edge of the slope to hold the sled in place as we whizzed down. In the morning, while it was still freezing cold, he pumped water, poured it down the slide, and then swept it till it was slick as glass. We could slide clear to the canal. It was so much fun we were oblivious to the cold. It was entertainment for the neighborhood kids, too, and we took turns. The sophisticated electronic toys and TV games that are available now had not been thought of yet, but we had great fun. I could entertain myself for hours with paper dolls cut from catalogs. There was a place in the back yard where we could dig. The soil was quite sandy, and was a good consistency to hold its form in different sizes and shapes of containers for cakes and stuff. Ross and Vaun created farms there. I was fascinated with birds, and Mother told me that if I would put salt on the bird’s tail, I could catch one. I remember wandering around the yard with a salt shaker, but was never successful. We played with bottle caps that had been collected during the time that Uncle Tom Nichols (my Grandmother’s brother) operated a store in Clementsville. There were endless ways they could be stacked. Occasionally, Aunt Gladys and Uncle Charles came from Teton Basin, and cousins and neighborhood kids collected for games. With such a large group, we often played “Run, Sheep Run,” which was one of my favorite games. We divided into two opposing teams with a captain for each side, and then separated to organize a plan of action. After deciding on signals and strategy, we took turns hiding. During the search for the hidden team, the captain could call out the pre-determined signals that would tell us to move to another place, and then another. When it became evident we were going to be found, the captain would shout, “Run, Sheep Run!” and we’d try to reach home base without being caught. It was exciting. We also played “Kick the Can” and “Mother, May I.” At school after the snow melted, the boys played marbles and the girls had jump ropes, and we played jacks endlessly. As our skill improved, we increased the number of jacks we played with, the competition became keener, and we practiced whenever possible. From the Life History Of Bertha Bell Clements Fullmer

Eugene in Rexburg

Contributor: mlmckenzie Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

(This is taken from the pamphlet given out at the family reunion of the John Fenderson Clements family in 1965. This is pamphlet #1 with others on the family coming in the succeeding years.) On October 5, 1882, Eugene became ill with rheumatic fever. For one year he was afflicted with that disease. Whenever he was able he worked in Silas Clements' blacksmith shop, doing the wood work in the repairing of wagons and buggies. In October 1883 he had recovered from rheumatic fever but within a few days was afflicted with another disease. Eugene left his family in Logan, traveling to Rexburg, Idaho, with the intention of later making his home there. He built a log house where he could later bring his loved ones. He and Andrew McKinney became partners and built a small blacksmith shop, the first one in Rexburg. In September 1884 he returned to Logan and on the 17th Eugene and Bertha went through the Logan Temple where they received their Endowments and had their two sons, Lester and Cecil, sealed to them. Then they journeyed to Rexburg to the new home Eugene had built for them. In 1886 they moved to Camas, doing blacksmith work. This was on the road used by freighters and repair work was constantly needed on their outfits. In the fall of 1888 they returned to Rexburg. In the spring of 1892 they moved to a farm in what is now called Hibbard, just northwest of Rexburg. During the summer Bertha conducted a school for the young children in a one-room log cabin on the James Hendricks farm. When Hibbard was first organized, Eugene was called as first counselor to Bishop Hibbard. At this time he had already filled three home missions in the Bannock Stake. He had also been first counselor in the First Elders Quorum in the Bannock Stake and first counselor in the Stake Y.M.M.I.A. At one time when he owed tithing and he had no cash, he gave his fur coat as tithing. After that when it was necessary to travel, and sometimes he needed to go many miles, the only protection he had besides his light suit coat was a quilt to shield him from rain, wind, snow, or subzero weather. Eugene rode in an open sleigh and was on the road sometimes for hours. In May 1908, with the purpose of helping his sons, Lester, Cecil, Eugene Jr., and Will, they filed on dry farm land east of Canyon Creek. This was soon to be known as Clementsville. A branch of the church was organized at Canyon Creek with Eugene as the presiding Elder. He held this position until December 14, 1913, when he was released because of ill health. His health did not improve. He suffered a hear attack, while at Heise, and passed away June 3, 1916. They had ten children.

Life timeline of Cecil T. Clements

Cecil T. Clements was born on 6 Jun 1883
Cecil T. Clements was 11 years old when Mahatma Gandhi forms the Natal Indian Congress (NIC) in order to fight discrimination against Indian traders in Natal. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was an Indian activist who was the leader of the Indian independence movement against British rule. Employing nonviolent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for civil rights and freedom across the world. The honorific Mahātmā – applied to him first in 1914 in South Africa – is now used worldwide. In India, he is also called Bapu and Gandhi ji, and known as the Father of the Nation.
Cecil T. Clements was 22 years old when Albert Einstein publishes his first paper on the special theory of relativity. Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science. He is best known to the general public for his mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc2, which has been dubbed "the world's most famous equation". He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect", a pivotal step in the development of quantum theory.
Cecil T. Clements was 34 years old when Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was forced to abdicate in the February Revolution, ending three centuries of Romanov rule. Nicholas II or Nikolai II, known as Saint Nicholas in the Russian Orthodox Church, was the last Emperor of Russia, ruling from 1 November 1894 until his forced abdication on 15 March 1917. His reign saw the fall of the Russian Empire from one of the foremost great powers of the world to economic and military collapse. He was given the nickname Nicholas the Bloody or Vile Nicholas by his political adversaries due to the Khodynka Tragedy, anti-Semitic pogroms, Bloody Sunday, the violent suppression of the 1905 Russian Revolution, the executions of political opponents, and his perceived responsibility for the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905). Soviet historians portray Nicholas as a weak and incompetent leader whose decisions led to military defeats and the deaths of millions of his subjects.
Cecil T. Clements was 37 years old when The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage in America. The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was adopted on August 18, 1920.
Cecil T. Clements was 56 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
Cecil T. Clements was 61 years old when World War II: The Allied invasion of Normandy—codenamed Operation Overlord—begins with the execution of Operation Neptune (commonly referred to as D-Day), the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The Allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history. The Allies of World War II, called the United Nations from the 1 January 1942 declaration, were the countries that together opposed the Axis powers during the Second World War (1939–1945). The Allies promoted the alliance as a means to control German, Japanese and Italian aggression.
Cecil T. Clements was 74 years old when Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth. The Space Race refers to the 20th-century competition between two Cold War rivals, the Soviet Union (USSR) and the United States (US), for dominance in spaceflight capability. It had its origins in the missile-based nuclear arms race between the two nations that occurred following World War II, aided by captured German missile technology and personnel from the Aggregat program. The technological superiority required for such dominance was seen as necessary for national security, and symbolic of ideological superiority. The Space Race spawned pioneering efforts to launch artificial satellites, uncrewed space probes of the Moon, Venus, and Mars, and human spaceflight in low Earth orbit and to the Moon.
Cecil T. Clements died on 1 Jul 1961 at the age of 78
Grave record for Cecil T. Clements (6 Jun 1883 - 1 Jul 1961), BillionGraves Record 82978 Rexburg, Madison, Idaho, United States