C. Irvin Robbins

13 Jan 1906 - 26 Oct 1987


C. Irvin Robbins

13 Jan 1906 - 26 Oct 1987
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Cyrus McAllister Robbins - 1873 – 1964 Written mostly by Ellen Murriel (Robbins) Seamons sometime in 1947. Detail after that was contributed by other family members. Author is the third child, eldest daughter of 9 children . . . . . . . . We deem those happy, who from the experiences of life, have
Register to get full access to the grave site record of C. Irvin Robbins
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with BillionGraves.com!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

C. Irvin Robbins

Married: 26 Sep 1939

Dayton Cemetery

Highway 36
Dayton, Franklin, Idaho
United States


Families Are Forever

Headstone Description

Our Sons: Hazen I. Nolan K.


September 22, 2013


September 20, 2013

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about C. Irvin...

We found more records about C. Irvin Robbins.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of C. Irvin


C. Irvin Robbins is buried in the Dayton Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Life History of Cyrus McAllister Robbins

Contributor: BarbaraLeishman Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Cyrus McAllister Robbins - 1873 – 1964 Written mostly by Ellen Murriel (Robbins) Seamons sometime in 1947. Detail after that was contributed by other family members. Author is the third child, eldest daughter of 9 children . . . . . . . . We deem those happy, who from the experiences of life, have learned to bear it's ills without being overcome by them.. Such is my father. Ellen Murriel (Robbins) Seamons . . . . . . . . Cyrus McAllister Robbins, son pf Joseph Robbins and Ellen Eleanor Arbon was born 21 November 1873 in Willard, Box Elder, Utah, in a one room log house. There is no record of where he was christened. The Joseph Robbins family moved to Snowville, Box Elder, Utah, when Cyrus was between the age of four and five. On the way out there, Cyrus saw some flowers on the side of the road and Cyrus wanted to get out and get some of them. His father, Joseph, did not want him to get out, but Cyrus wanted some of those flowers; so his father stopped the wagon and he got out. Then his father drove off without him. Cyrus says he just set it up crying. When Joseph, Eleanor, and family arrived at Snowville, they lived with Joseph's sister, Mary, for a short time. While there, Joseph's daughter, Mary, who was about nine years old, died. Joseph and his family finally got settled in their own home, which was another one room log house. While living here, the family owned an old white hen and every day the old hen would go down to the creek to swim. Cyrus says she was just like a duck. On Cyrus's eighth birthday which was 21 November 1881, his father took him down to the creek. They broke the ice from the edge of the creek and baptized Cyrus. Cyrus went to school in a log house with three windows in it. There he did his writing on a slate and they had long benches to sit on instead of a desk to set at. While at school one day, Cyrus got in a fight with another little boy and he gave him a beating with one of his linen books. Cyrus attended school in this building until some years later they built a rock house and he went to school in that. Some of the things done for pleasure were riding horseback, swimming in the creek, going to dances, and sometimes they would hitch a head of horses to a wagon and go to Monument which was about forty miles away and swim in Great Salt Lake. Cyrus said they could lie right on top of the water, it was so salty. When they got out they would be covered with salt. To pass the time, the youth played many of the games we play today; such as spin-the -plate, hide-and -seek, cards and so forth. Very often a crowd would meet at different homes and read a book or sing songs. Many times Cyrus said they met at his father's home and sang songs until eleven or twelve at night. When Cyrus was between the ages of twenty and twenty nine, he went over to Logan to attend college. He started to college in September and went the first quarter and then went home for Christmas. He attended college for about a week after Christmas, then was quarantined for small pox. After getting over the small pox, he went home instead of returning to college. The subjects that he took at college were carpenter work and blacksmith work. He still likes them. In the year 1903, Cyrus went sparking Elizabeth Hurd who is Mother's younger sister, but he must have decided he liked Sarah Ellen the best so he stopped going with Elizabeth and started going with Sarah Ellen. They started to go together around Christmas time in 1903. On 13 April 1904 Cyrus and Sarah Ellen were married in the Logan Temple, Cache , Utah. They were accompanied by his father, Joseph, and his mother, Eleanor. Cyrus bought Sarah Ellen's wedding outfit which consisted of a nine dollar skirt, a five dollar waist and a seven dollar hat. After being married, Cyrus and Sarah Ellen started home in a buggy. When they got to Deweyville, Box Elder, Utah, they discovered they had left their trunk in Logan. The trunk contained their clothes, so they stayed all night in Deweyville after phoning for the trunk to be sent over. The trunk came to Deweyville the next day by train. They stayed in Blind Springs the next night and the next day arrived home. Cyrus and Sarah Ellen stayed with his mother and dad for a few days, then they moved into a one room house, their first home. There, their first two children were born. They were boys and the only boys they had. (Lewis and Irvin) Cyrus and Sarah Ellen then moved on a farm up in Stone, Oneida, Idaho. There Cyrus built a two room house. In this house five of their daughters were born, Murriel, Leah, Laura, Emma, and Dorthy; I , Murriel, being the first girl. The day after the second daughter was born, father was outside trying to unload a wagon box all by himself. He had it onto his shoulder and was going to drop it on the ground when a nail caught on his jumper and pulled him under the box and broke his leg. Arthur Robbins and Lilly Bunderson, who was doing the house work for Sarah Ellen, helped him into the house, thus Cyrus went to bed the day after Sarah Ellen did. Cyrus set his own leg and Willard Robbins put it in splints. The doctor, later, had to take the splints off because it was so swollen. He then made a box and rested the leg on it. Three weeks later, Cyrus mowed hay with his leg in a sling tied to the mower. One day Cyrus took the two boys, Lewis and Irvin, up in the cedar hills with him to get a load of cedar wood and started home when a wheel struck a tree stump. Cyrus, still holding the lines, was thrown out of the wagon. Lewis jumped out and tried to catch the horses, but they soon stopped by themselves as they ran straddle of a tree. All Irvin could do was stand in the wagon and cry. Cyrus was stunned for a few minutes, but he soon got things straightened out and they got home with their load of wood. About the year 1917, Cyrus bought a place in Weston, Franklin County, Idaho, and the family moved over arriving the night of the 24th of July. We have lived there ever since. About four months after we moved into this new house which had five rooms, Lola was born, 15 November 1917. On 25 February 1920, Sarah Ellen, who had had the flu, gave birth to Sarah Evelyn. The ordeal was too much for her in that condition and she died the day that Sarah Evelyn was born. This was a great blow to Cyrus; he had lost his beloved companion. Through it all he has carried on raising his family to man and womanhood, a family of two boys and seven girls. The children are now all married except one, Sarah Evelyn, who is mentally retarded and is in a special school for her kind of people. It is sure sad to see her. Cyrus was away much of the time after that and Murriel, who was twelve at that time was left in charge of the ones still at home. Aunt Elizabeth took Sarah Evelyn and grandmother Hurd took Lola to live with them. They wanted Dorothy, too, but Cyrus said no and she remained home with the rest of the family. The things Cyrus has worked at trying to make a living are: farming, sheep shearing, cutting posts, sawing timber, building houses and many others. Cyrus has been without his beloved companion for twenty-seven years now. He has tried to bring up his children in the ways of the Lord and I think he has succeeded with most of them. The oldest son, Lewis, is a little wayward but he knows the gospel is true even if he did marry a Catholic girl. Irvin has filled a mission to the Central States. It was during the years 1934 and 1936. He (Irvin) is now very active in the ward. The daughters have all been more or less active in the church and of all six who are married, they all went to the temple to get married. Cyrus' favorite book is the Book of Mormon. In church activities he has served as president of the Deacons, counselor in the YMMIA, also counselor in the Elders Quorum and most of his adult life he has served as a ward teacher. (Home Teacher) Things Cyrus enjoys doing are building things out of wood and iron. He also likes to tell of the different experiences he has had during his life. He has told me (Murriel) many times he didn't think he would live to be very old because he was bothered with the sick headache so bad. He is over seventy now and seems to be in pretty good health. He has outlived all of his brothers and sisters except one sister and one brother and he is in better health than they are. Cyrus is very active; he can't seem to stand around and do nothing. Cyrus works in the temple whenever he can and loves it. He has had many incidents in his life to strengthen his testimony. He has heard voices speak to him out of nowhere. He has dreamed dreams that were true. He has heard beautiful music which could only have come from heaven. I am truly thankful for my father and he has taught me many things I shall cherish all my life. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and has born it many times. His testimony has helped strengthen mine, for which I am very glad. May I always have it to keep me going. Ellen Murriel Robbins Seamons * * * * * The forgoing was written by Murriel, the oldest of Cyrus' daughters. To attempt to close the life story of Cyrus consider the following: -For Cyrus's birthday in 1953 when he was 80 years of age an open house was held in his honor. -After his children left home to their own families, he lived alone in his house he had purchased in 1917 until a short time prior to his death. The house did not have all of the modern conveniences of the day. It had no bathroom and the out house was a good distance away. But the house did have running cold water. -In 1954 another trial or trials came to Cyrus, In October of that year he lost his eldest daughter, Ellen Murriel, when she was killed in an automobile accident. And still later on 19 December, his fifth daughter, Dorothy passed away due to complications of cancer. -At one point after Cyrus was living alone, he was taken ill with shingles. It was a very difficult disease to deal with for him. It took a long time for him to get over the shingles. And after, he was left suffering from tremors, with his hands shaking uncontrollably for the rest of his life. -In keeping with the statement by Murriel that Cyrus always had to be doing something – he decided that he was going to paint his out buildings even though they were older structures and had never been painted. And one seeing that the buildings had never been painted before would think that they would always remain that way. One has to remember that this was after Cyrus had retired as it were from farming – after he was 80 years old. He painted the buildings a light blue outlined with a darker blue. -The farm Cyrus owned was located about midway between Weston and Dayton, Idaho – with his house on the west side of the road that ran between the two towns. At the height of Cyrus' farming career he owned an estimated 70 to 80 acres. This along with the plot of ground associated with his house included another estimated 5 acres. If you know the area where he lived, there is a definite split between what is considered tillable and that which is for other uses such as grazing of livestock. -The main part of his farm, the 70 to 80 acres, was about evenly split between that which was tillable and that which was for grazing, or an estimated 35 to 40 acres for each use. The 35 acres for grazing was located on the northern portion of his property which had a steep decline in elevation. This portion of the property was part of a large hollow with a creek that watered the pasture in the bottom. The farm was located approximately 1.5 to 2 miles north and east of his house. -The house was located on the other estimated 5 acres, with the house placed on the east side of the property near the road that ran in front. The barn was located near the center of the plot with corals adjacent to the structure. Just south of the house was room for a garden which in his later years was left to weeds. The Twin Lakes canal ran thru the property dividing the property so that west of the canal was dry land with sagebrush used mainly to hold cattle and provide grazing in the early spring. After Cyrus retired he rented and later sold his farm to his youngest son Irvin, who owned a larger plot immediately west of the one owned by Cyrus. -Life for Cyrus in his later years would have been significantly different had it not been for his son Irvin and Irvin's wife Hazel, who lived nearby. The life of Cyrus was definitely supported by Irvin and Hazel. It is noted that Cyrus never owned a car so he had to rely on others for transportation. The main source was Irvin and Hazel. Because Cyrus' house did not have the modern conveniences of the day – each week Cyrus would take his laundry over to Hazel and she would wash it at the same time she did the laundry for her family. It is noted that Cyrus lived only a short distance south of Irvin – perhaps a city block's distance. He would walk the distance each day, usually in the afternoon to visit with Irvin and his family . -Cyrus' skill as a carpenter / blacksmith was excellent for the limited tools he had available to him. Because of Cyrus' skill at carpentry / blacksmith, his services were in demand especially by his daughters. If there was a project that needed his skills he was usually summoned to the project. One of the projects he undertook was to build a basketball hoop for Murriel's children. He took an iron rod and formed it into what seemed to be a perfect circle and arranged for supports on either side. The hoop was placed on one of the out buildings of Murriel's barnyard. His grand children enjoying many hours of fun because of his skill. It should be remembered that he did this with mainly a forge and hammer. Another project was a small table and chairs for some of his grand children. The table was about the size of a card table with two bench type chairs. -Finally there was a great homecoming and reunion for Cyrus and Sarah Ellen on 12 December 1964 when Cyrus passed from this life to the next. He had continued faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout his life. After some 91 years he was able to return home with honor.

Life History of Sarah Ellen (Hurd) Robbins

Contributor: BarbaraLeishman Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Life of Sarah Ellen (Hurd) Robbins Written By Ellen Murriel (Robbins) Seamons – eldest daughter My mother, Sarah Ellen Hurd, was born 5 October 1884, at Snowville, Box Elder, Utah. She was born to a polygamist family, she being the first child born to Mary Elizabeth Webb, who was the second wife of William Hurd. Sarah Ellen's childhood was very uneventful. She lived in a log house and passed the time away playing until she was old enough to help her mother do the work. When Sarah Ellen was between five and seven the family moved upon a ranch where they lived until she was about 11 years old, then they moved to town so Sarah Ellen and her sister, Elizabeth, could go to school. They started school at the same time and went right to the third grade instead of the first. They could read and write and do problems in long division. They also new the times tables. They were taught these things at home before they went to school. Sarah Ellen and Elizabeth had gone to school for just three weeks when the dreaded disease, diphtheria broke out in the school and it was closed. The family went back to the ranch. Sarah Ellen was thirteen years old when she went back to school. The family had again moved back to town. Soon after moving back to town, Sarah Ellen's mother began taking in washing to help earn a living. After that the daily routine was get up in the morning, do the housework, or begin washing, go to school, come home do washing again or perhaps do ironing and get supper over. Many nights Sarah Ellen and her sister ironed until ten o'clock then got lessons until twelve or one o'clock. The summer passed away much the same except there was no school to go to. Elizabeth completed the eighth grade before she was seventeen years old. Sarah Ellen didn't complete the eighth grade as she had to quit school to help with the work Sarah Ellen went to church much the same as we do today but she was never allowed to run around and stay at different places like some children do today. When she was old enough, she worked out for different people doing house work. At one time Sarah Ellen took a course in sewing. She was a very good seamstress and she made all our clothes. She could do button holes beautifully. I remember some of the clothes she made me and I was very proud of them. When Sarah Ellen was nineteen years old she married Cyrus McAllister Robbins, They were married in the Logan Temple, Cache, Utah, 13 April 1904. They started house keeping in a one room log cabin. This was where first two boys, Lewis, and Cyrus Irven were born. They moved to Stone, Oneida, Idaho, where five more of their children were born. All girls this time: Murriel, Leah, Laura, Emma and Dorthy. Many times Cyrus told the story of how when Leah was born. Sarah Ellen went to bed one day and he went to bed the next day with a broken leg. Ten days after Leah was born Sarah Ellen was up and went out to milk cows. The next move was over to Dayton, Franklin, Idaho. Sarah Ellen sure cried when she left Stone,Idaho, she surely didn't want to move away from her mother. The Family moved in July, arriving in Dayton the night of the 24th of July 1918 On 15 November 1918, Lola was born. In February 1920, a little more than a year after Lola was born, Sarah Evelyn was born – (February 25th). This was the completion of Sarah Ellen's work on this earth because the day after Sarah Evelyn, her new daughter was born, Sarah Ellen died – (February 26th). I never will forget how sick she was and something seemed to say she would never get well. She was going to go and she did. All during Sarah Ellen's life she was a hard worker. Many times Cyrus, her husband,was heard to say Mary Elizabeth, his mother-in-law had as high as $40 in the house at once from doing washing for people. Sarah Ellen helped earn it as she was the oldest in the family and helped with all the work. Many times Sarah Ellen had to herd cows, milk them and help in the field. Sarah Ellen was always neat and tidy. Her house was always neat and clean as were her children. Her washing always had to look just so or she wouldn't put it out. Many times people would ask her how she could keep her children all so neat and clean, especially when she had so many small ones. Sarah Ellen and Cyrus always worked together, always trying to help each other out. When Sarah Ellen had to go to a meeting or something, Cyrus stayed home with the children. Sometimes they both went, and as the family lived near the church house, which was (also) the school house, Cyrus would run home once in a while to see if the children were alright. In church work my Sarah Ellen served as a choir leader and a Relief Society teacher. “... I remember my mother (well). I always tried to help her in any way I could even though I was only twelve when she died. I always remember how good she was to me. To me she was one of the best mothers anyone could have.” * *The above was written by Ellen Murriel Robbins, 1908 – 1954, sometime after the passing of her mother. The history was edited by Garold Seamons – Murriel's son It is noted that Sarah Evelyn was a special needs child. After the death of her mother, Sarah Ellen, Sarah Evelyn was raised somewhat by her aunt Elizabeth – Sarah Ellen's younger sister. Sarah Evelyn would later find a home at the training facility in American Fork, Utah. For a number of years,during the summer months, she would visit with her family and stay with the families of her brothers and sisters. A number of years later, on 1 February 1990, she passed away.

Life timeline of C. Irvin Robbins

C. Irvin Robbins was born on 13 Jan 1906
C. Irvin Robbins was 8 years old when Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were assassinated by a Yugoslav nationalist named Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo, sparking the outbreak of World War I. Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria-Este was a member of the imperial Habsburg dynasty, and from 1896 until his death the heir presumptive (Thronfolger) to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, which in turn triggered a series of events that resulted in Austria-Hungary's allies and Serbia's declaring war on each other, starting World War I.
C. Irvin Robbins was 24 years old when Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio. George Herman "Babe" Ruth Jr. was an American professional baseball player whose career in Major League Baseball (MLB) spanned 22 seasons, from 1914 through 1935. Nicknamed "The Bambino" and "The Sultan of Swat", he began his MLB career as a stellar left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, but achieved his greatest fame as a slugging outfielder for the New York Yankees. Ruth established many MLB batting records, including career home runs (714), runs batted in (RBIs) (2,213), bases on balls (2,062), slugging percentage (.690), and on-base plus slugging (OPS) (1.164); the latter two still stand as of 2018. Ruth is regarded as one of the greatest sports heroes in American culture and is considered by many to be the greatest baseball player of all time. In 1936, Ruth was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame as one of its "first five" inaugural members.
C. Irvin Robbins was 25 years old when Great Depression: In a State of the Union message, U.S. President Herbert Hoover proposes a $150 million (equivalent to $2,197,000,000 in 2017) public works program to help generate jobs and stimulate the economy. The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression that took place mostly during the 1930s, beginning in the United States. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late-1930s. It was the longest, deepest, and most widespread depression of the 20th century. In the 21st century, the Great Depression is commonly used as an example of how far the world's economy can decline.
C. Irvin Robbins was 34 years old when The Holocaust: The first prisoners arrive at a new concentration camp at Auschwitz. The Holocaust, also referred to as the Shoah, was a genocide during World War II in which Nazi Germany, aided by its collaborators, systematically murdered some six million European Jews, around two-thirds of the Jewish population of Europe, between 1941 and 1945. Jews were targeted for extermination as part of a larger event involving the persecution and murder of other groups, including in particular the Roma and "incurably sick", as well as ethnic Poles and other Slavs, Soviet citizens, Soviet prisoners of war, political opponents, gay men and Jehovah's Witnesses, resulting in up to 17 million deaths overall.
C. Irvin Robbins was 47 years old when Jonas Salk announced the successful test of his polio vaccine on a small group of adults and children (vaccination pictured). Jonas Edward Salk was an American medical researcher and virologist. He discovered and developed one of the first successful polio vaccines. Born in New York City, he attended New York University School of Medicine, later choosing to do medical research instead of becoming a practicing physician. In 1939, after earning his medical degree, Salk began an internship as a physician scientist at Mount Sinai Hospital. Two years later he was granted a fellowship at the University of Michigan, where he would study flu viruses with his mentor Thomas Francis, Jr.
C. Irvin Robbins was 58 years old when The Beatles make their first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, performing before a "record-busting" audience of 73 million viewers across the USA. The Beatles were an English rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960. With members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, they became widely regarded as the foremost and most influential music band in history. Rooted in skiffle, beat and 1950s rock and roll, the Beatles later experimented with several musical styles, ranging from pop ballads and Indian music to psychedelia and hard rock, often incorporating classical elements and unconventional recording techniques in innovative ways. In 1963, their enormous popularity first emerged as "Beatlemania"; as the group's music grew in sophistication, led by primary songwriters Lennon and McCartney, the band were integral to pop music's evolution into an art form and to the development of the counterculture of the 1960s.
C. Irvin Robbins was 67 years old when Vietnam War: The last United States combat soldiers leave South Vietnam. The Vietnam War, also known as the Second Indochina War, and in Vietnam as the Resistance War Against America or simply the American War, was a conflict that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975. It was the second of the Indochina Wars and was officially fought between North Vietnam and the government of South Vietnam. The North Vietnamese army was supported by the Soviet Union, China, and other communist allies; the South Vietnamese army was supported by the United States, South Korea, Australia, Thailand and other anti-communist allies. The war is considered a Cold War-era proxy war by some US perspectives. The majority of Americans believe the war was unjustified. The war would last roughly 19 years and would also form the Laotian Civil War as well as the Cambodian Civil War, which also saw all three countries become communist states in 1975.
C. Irvin Robbins died on 26 Oct 1987 at the age of 81
Grave record for C. Irvin Robbins (13 Jan 1906 - 26 Oct 1987), BillionGraves Record 5230816 Dayton, Franklin, Idaho, United States