Bertha Heaton (Jolley)

2 Jul 1913 - 10 Apr 2003

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

Bertha Heaton (Jolley)

2 Jul 1913 - 10 Apr 2003
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Bertha Jolley Heaton, 89, of Alpine, died April 10, 2003 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Born July 2, 1913 in Tropic, Utah the daughter of Jesse Levi and Mary Leona Johnson Jolley. She married George Earl Heaton August 29, 1934 in the St. George LDS Temple. Bertha was an active member of The Church of Jesu
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Bertha Heaton (Jolley)
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Bertha Heaton (Jolley)

Married: 29 Aug 1934

Alton Cemetery

Unnamed Rd
Kanab, Kane, Utah
United States

Larry Bulloch

September 12, 2021

Larry Bulloch

August 29, 2021

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Bertha...

We found more records about Bertha Heaton (Jolley).


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Bertha


Bertha Heaton (Jolley) is buried in the Alton Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Bertha Jolley Heaton obituary

Contributor: Larry Bulloch Created: 2 months ago Updated: 2 months ago

Bertha Jolley Heaton, 89, of Alpine, died April 10, 2003 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Born July 2, 1913 in Tropic, Utah the daughter of Jesse Levi and Mary Leona Johnson Jolley. She married George Earl Heaton August 29, 1934 in the St. George LDS Temple. Bertha was an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and served in many positions through the years. She was loved by all who knew her and was a fantastic grandma. She was a member of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers and was also a devoted JAZZ fan. Survivors include: her husband, George; children: Elaine H. Hoyt, Glendale, UT; Dorothy (Bud) Phillips, Kaysville; Earl Burke (Carolyn) Heaton, Stanrod, UT; Nanell (Clealon) Mann, Salt Lake City; Leona (Reid) Merrill, Bountiful; son-in-law Sherl Walker, Alpine; and foster son Rodney (Joann) Jackson, Centerville, UT; 37 grandchildren; 139 great grandchildren; 56 great great grandchildren; four brothers and a sister: J. Arben (Barbara) Jolley, Vernal; William C. (Louise) Jolley, South Jordan; Joel M. (Mary) Jolley, Salt Lake City; Aaron F. (Dorothy) Jolley, West Valley; and Rose (Harold) Ranquist, and a sister-in-law, Naoma Jolley both of Salt Lake City. Preceded in death by her parents, a daughter Gladys Walker, granddaughter, Connie Potter, grandson Guy Elmo Heaton, a great grandchild, David Elmo Potter, and a son-in-law Dilworth Hoyt, her brother M. Rex Jolley, and two sisters Jessie J. Terry and Maggie J. LeFevre. Burial in the Alton City Cemetery under the direction of Anderson & Sons Mortuary, American Fork. The family extends a special thanks to the staff at Willow Wood and to Becky and Janine of Heritage Home Health Care.

Bertha Jolley Heaton personal history

Contributor: Larry Bulloch Created: 2 months ago Updated: 2 months ago

I found these few pages written by Bertha Heaton. I hope someone will enjoy her memories of Tropic, Utah as far as she has written. I’ll try to fit a few pieces in the zig-saw puzzle of my life. I am very thankful for my father and mother, brother and sisters: Merle Rex, Jessie and Maggie had blessed our home when I joined the family circle, just before the Fourth of July celebration. I think they would have been pacified if I had been a boy. They say when I was about three weeks old, Sally Ann Squaw came to see me and wanted to trade pinenuts for the “papoose”. I have often wondered what my lot would have been if Sally Ann had made the trade. When I was about two and one-half years old, I received a lovely Valentine, a baby brother. We called him Joseph Arben and he has always been very special to me. The fondest recollections of my childhood until I was six are at Grandmother’s Johnson and Jolley’s. My first doll, I well remember, Old Santa gave it to me at Grandmother Johnsons. While Santa was giving the presents the cotton on his sleeve caught on fire. I was very excited for fear he would burn up and there would be no Santa Claus. I afterwards found out that Santa was Aunt Ellen. It was a real surprise! At grandmother Jolley’s, I spent many happy hours playing doll rags with Aunt Voneta. She died when I was five. At six I thought I had reached the goal of life – I entered the first grade in the “Little Yellow School House.” Mary Winn was my first teacher till Christmas then Hope Ott taught till spring. I thought I had learned enough to last all of my life. Eva Potter was my teacher the second year, it was that year I learned to spell water, what a good feeling I had. Eunice Wilson taught me in the third grade and Elizabeth Frost the fourth and fifth. Mr. Ross, Mr. Smith, and Mrs. Beckstrom the sixth. Maurice Cope, seventh and Horace Bigler the eight. I look back on my school days as just lots of work and always striving to get my lessons caught up. Mother, thanks so much for your patience. I loved each one of my teachers. I know they did all they could to help me meet the problems of life. Thora Baugh, Eva Jolley, Wanda Bybee and LaRene Ott and I were the closest friends and it was “our crowd.” They have some faded away, but my memory of those happy associations will always remain; such as going out to Baughs field for the cows, tending our baby brothers and sisters on Sunday afternoons, picking out our husbands-to-be, and eating early harvest apples. Eva moved to Elberta in April, in 1924 and Wanda died of a ruptured appendix a little later. During the summer vacations, LaRene, Maggie, Luella and I had many happy times when we werent’ quarreling. We built a two-room play house with the help of the neighborhood boys, also we made rabbit pens with cement floors, rabbits being our main pets. We did this in our back yard. We played marbles, walked on stilts, that we had made, played with paper dolls (we weren’t artistic enough to make rag ones). We would play ball and games out in the street in front of our home and in the evenings build a bonfire and play “run my sheep run”. We also organized a band. It consisted of combs, tin tubs, cans, sticksm and everything else of a musical nature. We contested with the lower end of town. Arnold Adair, Arlo Barton and Feron Mecham are the only ones I remember now. We played, “My Darling Nellie Gray”, the others played “The Old Gray Mare”. Dora Henrie was the judge and gave us the decision. Father went on a mission in 1915 and I remember very well when he came home. William Curtis and Joel McKay joined the family before the summer of 1923 when father bought a new red truck and we went to the Jolley Reunion at the Mertaugh Springs in Idaho. We stopped on our way in Salt Lake City for a day. It was my first trip to the city, so I made the most of it first riding on the street car and elevator. Everything was so very exciting. Mother was Postmaster all the time I was at home. Many hours I spent at the Post Office to give out the mail and spent my time reading all the stories from many years of Improvement Era, Relief Society Magazines and other magazines that mother had kept. As I grew older I helped with adding Money Orders for the reports. Most of the time the Post Office was about one-half block from the house. I learned to cook and take care of the children and kept physically fit by running to ask mother at the Post Office how and what to do in the many situations that came up. Dad loved to watch e wrestle the cousins and children in the neighborhood. He also loved to have e run races. I believe I won all the races for my age on the Fourth & Twenty-fourth celebrations. When I was about thirteen years old I took care of a small herd of goats. We called them “dries”. We had them west of town. I would herd in the day time and put them in a corral at night. I rode a horse called Spark Plug, also I had a dog named Watch. That summer I went up in Tropic Canyon and down to Sheep Creek and helped herd the large herd of goats. Father went on a six-month mission again to the Central States in 1925 and Aaron Floyd was born while he was there. I took the part of Mother in the School Play the second year of high school. We played in all the small towns around Topic. I enjoyed being an actress. I’m getting ahead of my story. The fall of 1927, I began my high school career which was filled with joy, work and sorrow. Pratt Bethers was my teacher for the first two years. These are the days I shall always remember; the old tow-room school house which was built for a store, the leaky roof, and plenty of fresh air drafts. The same year I started high school we were happy to greet our baby sister, Rose. September 1929, father, mother, and I started to Mammoth, as I was going to live with Maggie and Marion and go to school there, but when we arrived in Monroe, where Grandmother Jolley lived, Aunt Hazel Kierstead persuaded the folks to let me stay there and go to school. I never have been so disappointed but decided there was nothing I could do about it, so I had better like it as it was. School at the South Sevier High was very different from school in Tropic and I worked very hard. The friends I made there I shall always remember, especially my cousin Rose. We were the best of pals. Mr. Isrealson, my seminary teacher was an inspiration to me and an example of what righteous living and study can do for people. I enjoyed Mutual very much that winter, I took a leading part in the MIA play and many parts in the activities. The next winter I attended school at East High in Salt Lake City. While there I worked for Enid Orlob and went to school one half of the day. I made many good friends but the best was my sister, Jessie. She worked for Edna Johnson, a few blocks away. If we had any free time, we were together. I wouldn’t have been able to graduate if Jessie hadn’t helped me financially. Our parents at this time were trying to outwit the depression. In February, 1934, I went to Alton to visit Aunt Ellen Heaton and while there I met George Heaton. Our courtship was not very long and we were married in the St. George Temple on August 29, 1934. George had had a very interesting life up to that time. He had lived in Orderville until he was about eight years old when the moved to Alton where his father had a new home built. In September 1918, George’s father was cutting grain when the horses ran away and he was killed. He left George’s mother with eight children. The youngest child, Gail was a little over two months old. About the time George finished the ninth grade he had a ruptured appendix. The closest doctor was about thirty-five miles at Panguitch. The snow was deep and they had to go in a bob- sleigh pulled by four horses. Dr. Biglow said that it was miracle that he lived. Later that year George went to herd sheep for his Uncle to pay for the operation. George’s brother Merrill, about four years older, helped take care of the farm and family at home while he was gone. George spent his time helping to provide for the family until June 1, 1926 when he married Jennie Palmer from Alton. In September 1926, he went to Mecer, Colorado with his Uncle George Esplin and a large herd of sheep. He had about 600 head he put with them. Jennie joined him and they stayed for about thirteen months then they sold their sheep and came home, later buying more. Elaine was born May 30, 1928. They were both able to enjoy this new baby until January 4, 1929 when George left for a mission to the Western States, about the same place he had been with the sheep with his Uncle. George got his brothers to take care of his sheep while he was away. Jennie was bothered with a heart trouble while George was gone. He had many wonderful experiences while in the mission field, but was glad to have his mission completed and returned home on August 7, 1930. At the time a second daughter, Dorothy was born Jennie was very sick. On Oct 27, 1932, George started to the desert to winter the sheep. He had just got below Alton when they came after him, saying Jennie had had another heart attack. He came back in a car and was only there about ten minutes before she passed away. Grandpa and Grandma Palmer took care of the girls for the next two years. George spent his time at the sheep herd. Elaine came to live with us as soon as we were married. Grandma Palmer took care of Dorothy until she was six years old and later a winter or two in St George, Utah. After our marriage we lived in two rooms of George’s mother’s house in Alton until our home was built. Rose Jager, one of my girlfriend’s father built the house. We went to Salt Lake City before moving into the home. We went in the red pickup that George had with his brothers. We got about enough furniture to furnish the house. We also ordered a new Home Comfort Coal range. Thanksgiving time of 1934, we were so happy to move in. The next 14 years we lived up in Rush Canyon, about three miles from Alton, in the summer time. It was a beautiful canyon, grass meadow and quaking asp trees. We would take our milk cows up there in the summer time. Most of the time we would go up to Rush in the evening milk the cows by hand. At first we had a separator and had pigs to feed the separated milk to then later we shipped the milk to the cheese factory. We would sleep at the Ranch. It was a one-room cabin, we had the cook stove table and three beds also benches. Later we built a tent with board floor and sides to make sleeping room when the other children came. George piped the water from a spring to a little house to keep the cans of milk cool. In the mornings we would milk cows, eat breakfast and take the milk to town to ship. We would spend the day in town, washing cooking cleaning taking care of the garden etc. George did his farm work, then in the afternoon we would go prepared to stay another night at Rush. At first we used a wagon when we shipped our cream and then later a pickup. The children enjoyed it at Rush, being free to play as they wished. When first coming to Alton it was good to have Aunt Ellen There. It seemed like she was a sister. Later George’s mother and his family were always the best of friends. Irene lived over on the Divide, with a store and gas pumps. When we were just getting started with our dairy, Irene and Billie came to our assistance many times. We were just living on what we could make out of our cream. During the years the babies were coming and my operations, George’s mother and the girls took many of the responsibilities and work, caring for the family. I can’t forget George, he was always patient and concerned about the family and home, helping whenever he could. Rodney Jackson, an orphan boy that lived with Uncle Thell and Aunt Ethel Roundy came to live with us part of the time. He loved to go with George while he worked. He was with us until he went into the Navy. We learned to love him as our own. During the summer and fall we generally had a few extra plates on the table. George taught most of the young boys in Alton and visitors how to drive the pickup. They loved to be with him, some worked for him, hauling hay from Rush ect. Allen Cox was called to be bishop of the Alton Ward in November 1945. He asked George to be second counselor. Later I was asked to be the President of the Relief Society. I was feeling better and it was a joy to be able to work in the church. I was also asked to be a member of the Stake Primary Board which helped me grow a little more. Elaine graduated from high school, went to Ogden to work, then came back home and married Dilworth Hoyt of Alton, just after he returned home from World War II. Dill had been married before to May Goulding and they had Ardeth and Eudell before May died. Dorothy also graduated from Orderville High School. The next year she worked in Salt Lake City, where she met her husband, Elmo Phillips. Connie and Terry were born in Salt Lake City. They then moved to Nampa, Idaho where Larry and Kendall Ray were born. Elmo worked in T V repair service while in Idaho. He is now working at Hill Air Force Base in television. Alton had been really dry and it didn’t look like we could keep milking cows and be able to live as we would have liked, so we decided to move to Alpine and try our luck on a dairy farm. We loved the beauty of Rush Canyon, the enjoyment the children had there, but we knew we couldn’t live on that. We hoped the children would have a better chance for an education. We moved all our earthly belongings and cows in June, 1950. The house was old but we had dreams of a new one. During the first year at Alpine, George had trouble with his back. It got so bad at times he couldn’t move. We sold the farm to Elmer Johnson and bought a nice home in Bountiful. George got a job at Clear Field Naval Base. I worked at the Temple Square Hotel, then went to the State Capitol and worked for the Tax Commission for about a year. I then went to work at Hill Air Force Base as a Mechanical Helper, then a file clerk, then as a clerk in a warehouse office. In February 1953, I was sitting at the desk on a swivel chair when the bolt came out of the chair and I fell to the floor. It gave me a concussion of the spine. During the next thirteen years I had five operations on y back and then Dr. Peter Lindstrom did a “Pre-Frontal Treatment” on my brain to stop the pain. Before 1953, the children at home went to school at Bountiful Elementary, Junior High and High Schools, also Davis High, keeping up with the many activities in school and church. Burke and Nanell both graduated from Davis High. Burke married Carolyn Kerr of Bountiful, Utah, in the Salt Lake Temple. George went to Hill Field to work after the Navy Base closed down and in January 1955, we had to return back to the dairy farm in Alpine. The Johnson’s couldn’t keep the payments up. Burke and Carolyn moved down in January and we moved when school was out to the old Watkin’s home across the creek. The dairy herd was very small so George worked at the State Prison as a guard to keep us going. We moved a home from Magna, the fall of 1956, down to Alpine. I taught theology in Relief Society for about three years then was asked to be President of Relief Society in 1962. We were really kept busy cooking at the Mutual Dell, bazaars, ward dinners, etc. The ward was divided and we helped raise money for a new chapel. My counselors did a lot to help and I was released September 1964, after another operation. Nanell went to BYU for a year then to Airline school in Kansas. She was a reservation clerk for Braniff and United Air Lines for a few years. George, mother, Nanell and I went to Hawaii by plane. We stayed with Jessie and Claude for a week and toured the Island, also went to the Hawaiian Temple. Nanell and I also went to Washington DC and New York City and went on the main sightseeing tours. Nanell was called on a mission to Norway, December 1959. Cold weather, an enthusiastic Norwegian companion and her desire to do more than she could resulted in her coming home in six month. She did meet her future husband Clealon Mann. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple and now live in Salt Lake City. Clealon is now Vice-President of Sales for American Western Life Insurance Company. Leona went to Utah State University, also one year at BYU, and for a few months in Detroit, Michigan. She received a BA degree in 1961. She married Arthur Reed Merrill of Ogden. Leona has taught the second grade in Brigham City, Ogden, Huntsville, and Orem. Reed is now teaching Graphic Arts at East High School in Salt Lake City. Gladys graduated from American Fork High School in 1961. That year we found out what a wonderful artistic ability she had. She married Sherl Walker of Midvale a few weeks after she got out of school. Sherl is an electrician. He works for Kennecott Copper Company. They are living in Alpine, just finishing their home which they have built mostly by themselves. Elaine and Dill have a home in Alton, but spend most of their time out on the Kaibab Mountains, where Dill cuts timber for Whiting Saw Mill. Burke didn’t want to go to the University or on a mission. He wanted to get married, have a large family and live on the dairy farm. Since coming back to Alpine, Burke has worked on the dairy farm with his father. He bought the farm from us in 1969. We are still living on it to help him until his boys are able to help. He has a wonderful talent of helping is friends and neighbors. He is kept busy caring for the crops and milking the cows. He also does welding and keeps the machinery repaired. He also drives the school bus during the school year. His dreams have come true regarding a large family. Carolyn’s niece, Debbie has lived with the family for about nine years. She has married Elaine’s son, Gerry, and they live in Alton.

Tidbits of Memories

Contributor: Larry Bulloch Created: 2 months ago Updated: 2 months ago

I want to share a few memories that run through my mind about Grandpa George Heaton and Grandma Bertha Jolley Heaton. As we only lived a few feet away from the grandparents house we knew a lot about what was going on during the day. Grandma Bertha would call us on the phone at exactly 6 Am and with a cheery voice say "Good Morning, how is everything today?" I remember seeing Grandpa George with his grayish pants bent over putting his work boots on to go out to do the chores. He always left his shoes by the back door so as not to get grandma's house dirty. If you went into their house in the morning, you would hear the radio playing. They liked to listen to the news to catch anything newsworthy that might have happened during the night. Grandpa George and Grandma Berth worked together to prepare their meals. While eating grandma would read aloud from the newspaper. I though it so funny that while eating that meal they would discuss what they were eating for the next meal. Grandma had a back room (called the pantry) that they kept very cold. There were always the nicest things in there to eat. Grandpa George loved to eat "Karo" syrup on his bread and butter. After I got married and we came to see the folks, Grandma would immediately ask us if we wanted something to eat. If we weren't hungry, out would come the ice cream. It was a joke between our family as to how long it would take grandma to ask us if we were hungry. Grandpa George milked cows morning and night for many, many years. He had many cronies (friends) that would come and share stories to each other. Grandpa like to show the children the "star" in the cow's teets and squirt milk on them. There was usually a cat or two that grandpa feed warm milk to each day. I learned to sew by making washing clothes for grandpa from old towels. I was so proud when I could take him a new batch of wash clothes. Grandma Bertha had this long table in her dining room where she kept a decorated bowl. This bowl held birth, marriage, death, birthday cards ect from friends and family. We would sort through and read the news to catch up on family events. Grandma always sent family members birthday cards with the traditional $1.00 bill in them. And of course, there was the "Utah Jazz". Nothing interfered with watching the Jazz on the television. They were die hart fans. You were invited to sit down and watch the game with them as long as you didn't block the T.V. or want to talk.

Life timeline of Bertha Heaton (Jolley)

Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was born on 2 Jul 1913
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 16 years old when Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio. George Herman "Babe" Ruth Jr. was an American professional baseball player whose career in Major League Baseball (MLB) spanned 22 seasons, from 1914 through 1935. Nicknamed "The Bambino" and "The Sultan of Swat", he began his MLB career as a stellar left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, but achieved his greatest fame as a slugging outfielder for the New York Yankees. Ruth established many MLB batting records, including career home runs (714), runs batted in (RBIs) (2,213), bases on balls (2,062), slugging percentage (.690), and on-base plus slugging (OPS) (1.164); the latter two still stand as of 2018. Ruth is regarded as one of the greatest sports heroes in American culture and is considered by many to be the greatest baseball player of all time. In 1936, Ruth was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame as one of its "first five" inaugural members.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 26 years old when World War II: Nazi Germany and Slovakia invade Poland, beginning the European phase of World War II. World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier. The vast majority of the world's countries—including all of the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most global war in history; it directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of total war, the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, blurring the distinction between civilian and military resources. World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 50 to 85 million fatalities, most of whom were civilians in the Soviet Union and China. It included massacres, the genocide of the Holocaust, strategic bombing, premeditated death from starvation and disease and the only use of nuclear weapons in war.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 32 years old when World War II: Hiroshima, Japan is devastated when the atomic bomb "Little Boy" is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning. World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier. The vast majority of the world's countries—including all of the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most global war in history; it directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of total war, the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, blurring the distinction between civilian and military resources. World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 50 to 85 million fatalities, most of whom were civilians in the Soviet Union and China. It included massacres, the genocide of the Holocaust, strategic bombing, premeditated death from starvation and disease and the only use of nuclear weapons in war.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 40 years old when Jonas Salk announced the successful test of his polio vaccine on a small group of adults and children (vaccination pictured). Jonas Edward Salk was an American medical researcher and virologist. He discovered and developed one of the first successful polio vaccines. Born in New York City, he attended New York University School of Medicine, later choosing to do medical research instead of becoming a practicing physician. In 1939, after earning his medical degree, Salk began an internship as a physician scientist at Mount Sinai Hospital. Two years later he was granted a fellowship at the University of Michigan, where he would study flu viruses with his mentor Thomas Francis, Jr.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 51 years old when Martin Luther King Jr. received the Nobel Peace Prize for combating racial inequality through nonviolence. Martin Luther King Jr. was an American Baptist minister and activist who became the most visible spokesperson and leader in the civil rights movement from 1954 until his death in 1968. Born in Atlanta, King is best known for advancing civil rights through nonviolence and civil disobedience, tactics his Christian beliefs and the nonviolent activism of Mahatma Gandhi helped inspire.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 64 years old when Star Wars is released in theaters. Star Wars is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It is the first film in the original Star Wars trilogy and the beginning of the Star Wars franchise. Starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew, the film focuses on the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia (Fisher), and its attempt to destroy the Galactic Empire's space station, the Death Star.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 69 years old when Michael Jackson's Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, was released. Michael Joseph Jackson was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Dubbed the "King of Pop", he was one of the most popular entertainers in the world, and was the best-selling music artist during the year of his death. Jackson's contributions to music, dance, and fashion along with his publicized personal life made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) was 86 years old when Columbine High School massacre: Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 13 people and injured 24 others before committing suicide at Columbine High School in Columbine, Colorado. The Columbine High School massacre was a school shooting that occurred on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Columbine, an unincorporated area of Jefferson County, Colorado, United States, in the Denver metropolitan area. In addition to the shootings, the complex and highly planned attack involved a fire bomb to divert firefighters, propane tanks converted to bombs placed in the cafeteria, 99 explosive devices, and car bombs. The perpetrators, senior students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered 12 students and one teacher. They injured 21 additional people, and three more were injured while attempting to escape the school. The pair subsequently committed suicide.
Bertha Heaton (Jolley) died on 10 Apr 2003 at the age of 89
Grave record for Bertha Heaton (Jolley) (2 Jul 1913 - 10 Apr 2003), BillionGraves Record 45400541 Kanab, Kane, Utah, United States