Belma Agnes Pulsipher

30 Mar 1913 - 6 Feb 2010


Belma Agnes Pulsipher

30 Mar 1913 - 6 Feb 2010
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Grave site information of Belma Agnes Pulsipher (30 Mar 1913 - 6 Feb 2010) at Spanish Fork City Cemetery in Spanish Fork, Utah, Utah, United States from BillionGraves
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Belma Agnes Pulsipher
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Belma Agnes Pulsipher


Spanish Fork City Cemetery

Cemetery Roads
Spanish Fork, Utah, Utah
United States


May 28, 2011


May 25, 2011

Nearby Graves

Nearby GravesTM

Some family members have different last names, but they’re still buried relatively close to one another. View grave sites based on name, distance from the original site, and find those missing relatives.

Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Belma Agnes...

We found more records about Belma Agnes Pulsipher.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Belma Agnes


Belma Agnes Pulsipher is buried in the Spanish Fork City Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Norman Kay Woodhouse story

Contributor: crex Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Norman Kay Woodhouse came into this world the second son of Ervin and Meda Butler Woodhouse. A brother Orlin Kent had entered the world 23rd of Sept 1932. I was born 18 August 1935 in the Crane Maternity Home in Provo, Utah. I was blessed 1 Dec 1935 by Hyrum A Butler, My Grandfather. This was the year Social Security Act takes effect. Taxes withheld from workers and employees. Franklin Roosevelt was President and John Nance Garner was Vice President. Radar equipment for detecting aircraft built, Sulfa drugs introduced, George Gallup began Gallup poll…….Richter Scale devised to measure earthquakes…. When I was 3 years old I liked to chase water snakes. One day I chased them under a culvert. I was out in the sun so long I got sunburned so bad I had to go to the hospital. I did not even catch the snake. When I was 5 years old I watched my older brother catch the bumper of a car and biz behind cars. I thought I would try it , but my gloves froze to the car and chain on the buss and it dragged me to the school yard where Mr. Garth Clump, The play ground coach saw me and stopped the buss. He picked me up and run me home. Doctors made house calls, My face, chest were scraped so bad , he put save on my face and chest. I never chased cars again. I received a bicycle when I was 5 years old for Christmas, It was a happiest moment. A short time after I found out dad and mom were getting a divorce and he would not be there to help me learn to ride it. I would meet my dad at the buss stop every night after work and walk home with him. I went for a week and he never came. Mother finally told me they were getting a divorce. I could not understand why, I only knew he was not coming home. When I was 6 years old, Uncle Reno ran to get a midwife, America Perry, to help mom deliver her baby. A sister was born November 29, 1940. She was blue and the midwife put her in the oven to save her life. She was a beautiful baby. We named her Carolyn Woodhouse. We loved her very much and was so glad to have a sister. I had a friend, named Ronnie Anderson, who always had a runny nose. The other kids used to make fun of him so I fought a lot in those days. Another friend named, Harold Clark and I would take our time going home and stop at his house, because his mother always made me feel worth something. We would play pick up sticks. His sister was real good at it. Kent and I had a dog named Tip. Tip was a cross between a collie and a sheep dog. My brother and I had a lot of fun with Tip, especially when we would play by the Provo river or the old Provo Cannery dump. I remember the day when Tip Did not come when I called him, Later that day Kent and I found he had been poisoned and left to die. We found him laying under the Provo viaduct, close to the County Jail. My heart broke a little that day because Tip was dying and I couldn’t help him. The county Sheriff refused to help us get Tip to a doctor Life was not easy for my mother, a divorcee with three children, all under nine. I remember that we all went without a lot of necessities, such as proper shoes, clothes that fit, proper diet, etc. Mother worked very hard at the Bennett Drug store on 400 West center st. Provo, Utah. Along with what little she made at drug store, our family was on Utah State Welfare and we were often referred to as the “welfare Brats” . Mother did her best with what we had. Our clothes were always clean, We were taught to pray, to honer our elders, and to work. My older brother and I spent a lot of time on Grandpa Butlers farm. Swimming in the Provo river and playing with the Meacham Boys (Dick and Don). When I was 8 years old, I walked with my grandfather up to the Stake Center on 500 west in Provo and was Baptized by Dick Peterson 12 Dec,1944. And confirmed by Grover C Miller. We then walked back to my home. When I was eight years old my mother re-married. Her Second husband was Frank Miller. He was from Phoenix, Arizona and had done some pro Boxing. His family had a ranch about five miles northwest of phoenix. I remember when we moved from Provo, Utah to Phoenix, Arizona it was a difficult time for me because I have never been able to take a lot of heat or sun… both plentiful commodities in Arizona. There was a lot of work to be done on the ranch and my Step father felt I was trying to shirk my responsibilities because I could not stay out in the sun for long periods of time. He was very Strong and did not accept weakness at all. The ranch was not all work. There was a great big pond on the ranch and Kent and I used to catch big bullfrogs. One day Kent was sitting on a branch of a big cottonwood tree, which stood next to the pond, and he was holding a fishing pole with a long string and hook. Suddenly, this big bullfrog came up out of the water, grabbed the hook and his weight pulled Kent right off the branch and into the pond. Kent and I had the responsibility to feed about one hundred rabbits along with all the jersey bulls. One day we had just finished feeding the bulls and we went into the feed barn… one of those with holes all around it for air movement… to get feed for the rabbits. Just as we were ready to leave with buckets of rabbit feed. We noticed one of the older, bigger bulls snorting around the outside. The feed barn was situated in the middle of the fenced pasture, about fifty feet away from the gate. About ten feet closer to the feed barn was a section of fence. The wagon wheel had fallen out of the fence leaving a large hole in the fence. It was to this hole that Kent and I had decided to run, hopefully getting there before the bull could catch us. We decided to wait until the bull was on the far side of the feed barn and we would make a break for the fence. Kent was three years older than me, but I could run faster than he could especially when I was scared, so when the Bull was in position Kent took off running for the fence. I followed about five seconds behind and I could hear the bull bellow and start after us. I could feel the bull gaining on us, just by the sound of his hoofs, and when I dove through the hole in the fence, I felt his horns on the soles of my shoes. After this incident, we did not feed the rabbits until the bulls were safely locked in a smaller pasture. I have always loved dogs, except I do not like them in the house. I fell in love with the neighbors Boston Pit bull dog. He was a beautiful animal with white fur, a massive chest and powerful jaws and the strength of ten normal dogs. His name was Butch and we became friends and would run and play in the many large open Pastures that surrounded the ranch. He would meet the school buss and we would run together down the long dusty road to my house. Butch seemed to want to protect me and I felt safe when I was with him. One day, when I got off the bus, Butch was not there waiting for me. I called and called his name, but, Butch did not come so I decided to head for home. I had traveled about half way down the road toward home when I heard a lot of noise and commotion in one of the pastures and turned to see five wild dogs running toward me, I suddenly found myself in a very dangerous situation because I could neither outrun the dogs to my home, nor outrun them back to the main highway and relative safety. The trees along the road to the house were large Cottonwood trees which had been trimmed and the lowest branch was probably ten feet from the ground. I thought I was to be killed by those wild dogs, when suddenly out of nowhere came Butch. He hit the pack of dogs on the run, killing two of them with his massive jaws immediately. He then turned on the other three and killed them. I stood there… stunned, scared and grateful. Butch, had saved my life. It was not long after this that school closed for the summer and I stayed busy on the ranch, all the time missing Butch, but determined to do my share of the work in hopes of securing the love I so desperately needed from my stepfather. One day my stepfather decided he wanted Kent and I to help him move a stack of cedar posts from behind the garage and load then on to a truck so they could be taken to one of the pastures where fences were being mended. He had sprayed the area with some chemicals so lizards, Scorpions, Spiders snakes, etc. would not hibernate and multiply. He warned us to be extra cautious . We were about fifty feet from the house, so if we needed to we could get us a glass of lemonade or ice water. Finally, we had about ten minutes of work left, so rather than take a break, we decided to work really fast and get the job done. All of a sudden I felt something land on my right shoulder. My stepfather yelled and told me to stand still and not even breath. He ran into the house, got his 30/30 Winchester, came out onto the back porch and shot a Gila Monster from my shoulder. The Reptile was huge and if it had bitten me I would have died. My mother became hysterical and refused to let us work anymore that day. I know that if I had known what was on my shoulder… I would, probably have died from a heart attack. Shortly after the incident with the Gila Monster, my mother sent me to live with my real father in Springville, Utah My Father had re-married a Lady Odessa McKenzie of Springville. She was a special lady and gave him a son named Keith Mc Woodhouse. She was wonderful to me and treated me like her own son. I enjoyed living with my father and Odessa. It was short lived for before school was to start my mother in her fifth month of pregnancy, left Frank Miller and returned to Provo, Utah with Kent and Carolyn. Four months latter my little brother David was born and we just about lost my mother during his birth. David was born Dec 13,1944 We enjoyed our small family. My mother was the prettiest mother in town and was an immaculate housekeeper. My older brother Kent was very active in Scouts and became an Eagle Scout. My little sister Carolyn was an absolute princess and David was a handsome young boy. About this time in my life we moved again to 600 north 700 West Provo, Utah in a very small house with only one bedroom. Kent, David, and I slept in the living room while Mom and Carolyn slept in the bedroom. We lived in this house for about two years. I enjoyed living there because I had a lot of friends who played baseball and I was on the Timpanogas Sixth grade baseball team, when I was in the fifth grade. That year we won the Provo City championship The Coach was Garth Kump who actually played outfield for the Provo Timp Industrial League team. He was a good coach who cared for the kids. He was especially kind to because of an accident I was involved in when I was three years old. I had been dragged behind a bus for one and a half blocks. Mr. Kump, who was out on the playgrounds with his students, seeing the situation ran out and stopped the bus, picked me up and carried me home. My face was so scarred from the incident, I was unable to see through the scabs for six months. My mother and some girls who baby-sat me would bath my face with a medication to help the skin heal and as it healed, they would peel the dead skin (scabs) from my face. The summer between the 5th and 6th grades, we moved again this time to 450 South 700 West, Provo, Utah. We lived at this address while I went to the 6th grade at the Franklin Elementary School. Once again, I played baseball on the 6th grade team and we won the Provo City Baseball Championship. We lived at this address until school was out and then we moved to 1237 west 500 North, Provo, Utah . It was the worst house we had ever lived in and I will never forget that fact that we could lay on our beds at night and listen to the rats as they scarred through the house. The house was very old and dilapidated. And the walls had actually pulled away from the floor so the rats could come in from outside without any problem. Kent and I would put David and Carolyn on the upper bunks so the rats could not get to them. We lived in this house for about 1 ½ Years. Actually, other than the house, I enjoyed living there because we lived very close to the Provo River and I spent every spare minute swimming, eating green apples, having chick-o-ries and playing Tarzan. There were several kids in the neighborhood Between the ages of 11 to 13, so swimming, Chick-o-ries, and Tarzan were every day occurrences. Someday, the group of us would have our chores done and would be at the Provo River, by the big Sliver Bridge before 8:00 AM. We would eat fruit or vegetables snitched from nearby farms , fish caught along the river banks, chickens stolen from the farmers chicken coups. The fish and chickens tested especially good as we cooked over an open fire. Sometimes we would not return to our homes until after dark. One of the neighborhood fathers had a machine shop where he used a lot of rope for pulleys and turbines, etc. When the ropes where no longer safe to be used in the machine shop, we would use them to tie to the limbs of some big cotton wood trees along the river banks. We could swing from tree to tree for about 4 blocks without ever touching the ground. For two summers we played Tarzan. The person who played Tarzan was a girl named Connie Grant. She was the toughest and fastest of all the neighborhood kids, plus, the ropes we used belonged to her father. I was delegated to the part of Jane because I was the smallest kid of all, plus, I enjoyed being Connie’s partner. Together we could swing from tree to tree better than anyone else, we were the fastest runners and could swim and dive with more confidence than all the other kids. During the time we lived down by the Provo River, I became involved in some adventures I’ll never forget. As an example, all of the families that lived in the neighborhood kept a community fund. They would put change, from any purchase, into a large two quart bottle. The change had to be less than $.25 cents. After the money had accumulated for the whole year it would be counted between Christmas and New Years Eve and would be given to the First person from the neighborhood who would dive into the Provo River and swim a required course. They could not do it before January 1st. The person needed to dive from the branch of a tree we had nicknamed “The Robber’s Roost” and swim about 100 Feet to the shore line. In 1946, the amount of money in the jar totaled $37.53. For sale at the Firestone store on 400 west center, Provo, Utah was a New Schwann Flyer Bike with a horn built into the frame, a bell and a swell pants guard. The cost was $31.37. I wanted that bike so bad that I planned to be the first person in the river and swim the required course, and New years day. So, at 8;00 AM on New Years Day, January 1, 1947 after cutting a hole in the ice for a path to swim, I dove from the “Robbers Roost” into the bone chilling water and swam to the river bank to collect my money. The very next day after school I walked to Firestone’s bought my bike and virtually flew home to show my mother and my brother and sister. It was a wonderful bike and allowed me to get my first paper route. Another memory , as a group of kids, we would literally move `out houses` about 3 feet back from their original placement and at night we would sneak and watch when neighbors would come out to go the, toilet. Sometimes, it was quite hilarious, however it was short lived because people started to carrying Flashlights to see where they were going and one of the neighbors was a Provo City Policeman. Another time, when we were playing “English Bulldog,” we noticed a huge bon fire over by the “Rock Crusher” which was on the far side of the river. Knowing it was non of our gang, we went to investigate. As we got closer to the bonfire, we found there were some teenagers, boys and girls about 16 or 17 years of age and they were “skinny-Dipping.” Well we simply sneaked through the trees and bushes, collected all of their clothes, and went home wondering just how they would get home as naked as the day they were born. Some times we would do some really dumb things, liked catching a slow-moving g freight train as it passed by our swimming hole, ride it to Salt Lake City45 miles to the North and catch another train for a ride home. We really did not understand how dangerous it was. We were lucky no one was ever hurt. We used to talk with transient “Hobos” on the trains and learn of some of their experiences, It was exciting, but dangerous. One day I returned home from the swimming hole to learn my mother had rented a bigger, better home at 350 N 800 W, Provo, Utah. Even though I hated to leave my friends down by the river, I liked the new house because we were able to have indoor bathroom and toilet facilities. It was good! No it was Great! It was while living in this house that I became involved with a group of boys, twenty seven, in number, that pretty well did what we wanted to do in Provo City. Many things were just mischievous, but some things were dumb, dangerous, and thoughtless. Example: The police Department was located, at the Southeast corner of University Avenue and Center street. It was in a basement. Because it was a busy intersection the Patrol car were parked to the rear of the building. We would pull up in our car {illegally because we were only 13&14 years of age, Jump out and throw exploding fireworks (Torpedoes) down the steps to the police department and then we would get in to the car and travel west on center street, go over the viaduct and turn south down a gravel road this gravel road after turning and twisting for about 5 miles, ended at the paved highway between Provo and Springville. Straight across that highway was the old infirmary ( old age home). We would pull across the highway and hide in the rear of the old age home. The Police never did catch us because by the time they got to there Patrol cars and started down center street we were several blocks ahead of them and the dust from the dusty roads gravel would make them drive slower than we had to. The last time we pulled this little prank was one of many events that helped to positively shape my future. After we had thrown the torpedoes, we all ran to the car, but as the driver turn to go down center street My foot slipped off the running board and I rolled over to the curb and came to a bone-jarring stop. Hitting my head on the curb and causing me to become somewhat dazed. When I was finally able to stand up, I found myself looking into the face of the Provo Police Chief (Huck Snow). His first question was “ are you alright?” The second question was “Why were we doing what we were doing “and the third question was “What is your name?” My responses were, in order, first, “yeah, I’m alright, so what” second, “Just to have something to do,” and third, “ Its none of your ???business”! Chief Snow was not going to listen to my Smart mouth. He simply slapped my face turned me around and kicked my backside up and down center street, between University avenue and 100 west, for about 40 minutes. Every time I tried to turn around and hit him he would simply slap my face. Today it would be called police brutality, but for me it was one of the turning points in my life. I thought I was tough and I told him so. He then walked me around the corner to 150 N 100W to the old National Guard armory building. He took me inside where some kids were boxing, playing ping-pong, and pool. He motioned to a kid who was in the boxing ring, shadow boxing and asked if I thought I could whip him and I said it would be a slaughter. As it turned out, it was a slaughter, because every time I hit him he hit me ten times. I was soundly beaten and humiliated and when I crawled through the ropes and had tears running down my face, Chief Snow was there with his arm around my shoulders and offered me some sense of dignity. He gave me a ride home on his police motorcycle and asked if I would like a job working at the wrestling and boxing matches. I said I would and he arranged for me and several of my friends to work at the fights. He made me feel like I was important and made sure he was there when I needed help. Because of the effort of this police officer, those (27) young men turned their lives around and put their efforts in sports, scouting, church, etc. As a group of kids we had the best baseball, football and tennis players in the state and in later years many of them became Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers, and Social Workers. And within the LDS church `, Many became Bishops, Stake Presidents, etc. In 1949 , our family moved to a home Southwest of the old Provo Cemetery. The house was very old, but structurally sound. It had only two bedrooms so all four children slept in the same room. It was while we lived in this house that I was involved in two experiences I will never forget. The first experience took place on Halloween night. A friend and I had gone to a Halloween party at the Provo 10th LDS Ward. The costumes were great and because at that time, we could still were masks, some of the costumes really sent chills down my spine. After a couple of hours, my friend and I decided to head for home. My friends name was Paul Noble and he was the fastest runner in the state for ninth graders. Well we decided we would cut through the cemetery (graveyard), so we could reduce our walking distance about one mile, and after all we were big and tough and we were not afraid. After we had traveled about one block into the cemetery we heard a noise behind us and we turned to see someone or something, dressed all in black, emerge from behind one of the larger pioneer type head stones. All we could see was the moonlight shining off a long knife blade and we took off running as fast as we could run. On the south boundary of the cemetery property , the fence was a wire picket fence and was about 40” high. I was so scared, that when I came to the fence, I didn’t even break stride I ran down the gravel road in my stocking feet , because I had jumped right out of my loafers, ran into my house and was sitting on the edge of our tub soaking my cut and bruised feet when Paul Noble finally came running into the house. He said, “I have never seen anyone run that fast. Well, I guess adrenalin can cause feats of strength in that normally they would not have. The next day Paul and I went back to the cemetery to find my shoes and we found them pointing toward the head stone. Apparently, I had jumped right out of them before I started running. The second experience happened between Christmas and New Years in 1949 We were out of food and money. All we had was a hard lump of brown sugar. My mother being at her wits end decided to go to the neighbors and ask for enough ingredients to make some home made soup. She returned after about 1 ½ hours with 3 Potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 onion and a stew bone. When the scoop was finally ready, and it was very little for a family of five, mother could see there wasn’t very much, she said she wasn’t hungry and that the four of us should dish up equal portions. We were still 3 days from when the welfare check would arrive so we saved half of the soup for the next day. My mother, in this one selfless act, taught me love, self-discipline and charity. I went to a lot of schools while I was growing up. Grade schools; Timoanogas, Franklin, in Provo Isaac In Phoenix , Springville High School. As a result I had a lot of friends in Provo and Springville. During the summer of 1950, My brother and I decided to move to Springville to live with our father. This would enable our mother to get by better, having to provide for two children rather than four. It meant that Kent and I would both go to the Springville High School, Kent would be a senior and I would be a sophomore. I found out in a hurry that I needed to establish my identity at Springville High. Because I was quite small in stature (4ft 11in tall and 89 lbs, three of the smallest sophomore boys challenged me to a fight. Because I had learned to fight, after being whipped so badly at the Provo Armory, I defended myself and won all 3 fights. Even though I ended up in the principles office on my first day at school, it was worth the effort, for they never again challenged me to fight and we became good friends. During my three years at Springville High School I played baseball, ran track, played on the doubles tennis team and played Football. The baseball team won region in 1952 and in 1953 beat Carbon High School 6-3 to win the State Class “B” championship. That same year Norman Loback and I teamed up to win the class “B” state doubles championship and even though that year the football team also won the Class “B” championship. Baseball and tennis was where I excelled as an individual. I went to Henagar’s school of business, and was the Student body President while I was there. I hitched hick up every morning and back every night. I went there a solid year doing this. It helped me in a lot of ways as I learned to type and do office work and also how to work with people in positions by being a President of the student body, I had to learn to work with people older than myself. I was 18 when I did this. I have used the things I learned all my life. I was also the Janitor to pay for my Schooling. I would go to school from 7:00 to 12;00, work till 4:00 and then thumb home. I also took three years of Seminary during my High School days. I enjoying both my teachers, Mr. Sheffield and Mr. Payne. They both had a profound effect on my life, even to the type of schooling and vocation I pursued. I was inducted into the Army Sept 1954 and left Ft Ord, California ( camp Pneumonia) it was called because it was so cold at night and So hot during the day. In December of 1954 I came home for 2 Weeks then shipped out to Korea , Left Ft Lewis, Washington. Passed my brother Kent who was coming home from Japan, but could not talk because I was ready to leave. Even though I enjoyed Seminary and my teachers and friends, I did not progress in the Priesthood as I should because I was somewhat inactive and did not understand some of the teachings of the church. My father was quite inactive and did not set much of an example at this time in my life. Sometimes I would attend church, but I was quite bashful and did not interact socially with many of the youth. Because of this attitude of inactivity, I remained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood until I went into the armed forces (Army) in 1954. I was ordained a teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood on December 18, 1955 by Elder Leo Dean Gardner while serving in Korea (83rd ordinance Battalion, 314 ordinance Group.) Also, I was ordained a Priest by a Korean Elder, Brother Yung Gill Kook, while I was stationed in Korea. In January 1955, I was assigned TDY, Temporary Duty, to the 8125th sentry dog detachment. One cold, winter night, I was on duty and was assigned a 300 South and 300 East section of fence. While walking the initial 300 South I heard a noise coming from outside the secured area. I contacted the D/O. Duty Officer, and when we inspected the situation we found a little boy with his hands bound behind him, His feet were bound together and his mouth had been taped shut. It was very cold and he was dressed in a black pajama outfit. We estimated him to be 2 to 21/2 years old. The D.O. and I took him into the 8th Army Dispensary where doctor’s and nurses alternated putting Little Joe in cool and Luke warm water to get his circulation started. This lasted 3 hours. When the Doctors felt he was going to be O.K. , we were told that we could not house him at the dispensary because he was an Ameriasian Child and needed to be taken to the Salvation Army, Where would be accepted and treated well., It took us another 2 hours to locate the Salvation Army and by that time he had stolen my heart. When I learned I could not adopt and that I couldn’t take him with me. My heart was broken. I have never seen him since. It was while I was in Korea that I became active in the church, but even then I needed to be prodded by someone else. The Supervising Elder for the L.D.S. troops was a man named John K. Carmack, who presently serves as a General Authority of the L.D.S. Church.(First Quorum of Seventy). He was my home teacher while I was in Korea and it was because of his perseverance that I became active and my Life was spared as I listened to Brother Cormack and attended a steak fry on the sands of the River Hahn. Normally, I traveled to K-14 (Kimpo) air base every Friday night to play pool, Ping-pong, and to bowl. The night I went to the steak fry, the recreation complex at K-14 was bombed and if I had been there< I would not be here today. After that incident I would go with an L.D.S. brother from British Southern Rhodesia to teach Korean investigators about the gospel. I probably learned more than the Koreans and learned to love Brother John C Kinnear(British Southern Rhodesia). While in Korea I had an opportunity to play baseball for the 83rd ordinance Battalion baseball team. We won the 8th army Championship, Went to Japan to play the Osaka Naval Station team and later went to Guam, Germany to play an air force team for the Armed Forces championship. The game went 13 innings and we were beaten 1-0. I was injured chasing a Texas Laager (a hit into short left Field) and when I reached up and caught the ball , the left fielder, who was running as hard as he could, ran into me injuring my left knee, my neck and back. I have never played as well since and my aspirations of playing Pro ball went out the door with the injury. Also while in Korea I had the chance to work with the USO. One of the shows I worked with was the troop of “Brigadoon”. One of the actresses was Rita Moreno and I was able to date her after the production. I was not impressed with her demanding, selfish attitude. I left Korea in August 1956 and was mustered out of the military at Fort Ord, California with an honorable Discharged in September 1956. I arrived home to find the girl who had waited for me was not really interested in me and my feelings for her had changed so we went our separate ways. Her name was Diane Vincent. Shortly after returning home my Bishop Bliss R. Packard ordained me an Elder on September 30, 1956. I was prepared to Find a girl who I could take to the temple. I was ready to have a family. After a couple of months of dating girls I had known in High School, including Diane Vincent, I re-met a young lady named Doris Jex. She had been a friend earlier in my Life, as a matter-of-fact, while she was dating my friend Glen Roundy she lined me up with all her girl friends so she and Glen and I could double date. Anyway Phil Perry and I had decided to go to a movie at the Academy Theater. Doris was the Cashier and while purchasing a ticket from her, I asked about one of her old girl friends, Myrna Hunt, and she told me she would bring me Myrna’s telephone number and address when she was done with her cashiering duties. After Doris gave me the telephone number. I called Myrna, but, was not impressed. I never dated Myrna again. However, I was impressed with Doris, so about one weak later I called her from work (consolidated Western Pipe mill.) and asked her for a date. She said she couldn1t because she had to work. I said,” fine I’ll call again someday,” But she said hold on and she would try to get someone to work for her. She came back to the telephone and said she could go and wanted to know where we were going. I asked her if she would like to go to the Stake dance. She said yes…So on Saturday night we went dancing and we sat and talked in front of her house for awhile and then we went into the house and sat on the couch. She was so lovely. I wanted to hold her and kiss her, but I was to bashful. A little later Doris leaned over and kissed me and I knew I was in love. The next night we went to church at my ward in Springville, drove around looking at the Christmas Lights and then I took her home and I proposed to her and asked her to marry me and she said she would. We were married about 90 days later on March 15 1957 in the Manti Temple, Manti, Utah. On the way to the temple, Doris and I had a flat tire. While we were in the temple the spare tire went flat, so after the pictures were taken we took the tire into Manti to have it repaired. The man at the tire repair shop said he would fix the regular tire, but, that the spare was shot and could not be repaired. Finally, we were able to get the best tire on the car and head for home… our little apartment in Springville, Utah. However, as we drove into Nephi, we could hear a thumping noise, so we got out and the tire we had just had repaired had a real big bulge in it. We drove to Ferg`s gas station on the North end of Nephi. And purchased a tire on credit from my uncle Frank Ferguson. We hadn’t been married two hours and we were already in debt. You would have thought he might give us the tire as a wedding present, but he didn’t. Norman hand wrote all this in 1997 and I Doris typed it after his death. I also found some he had written November 2 1987 and will put it with his own words before I continue our story together after . Today has been a long day. I came home from work supposed to go with my family and hand our Woody Woodhouse signs, and Orem City Council brochures for my campaign, but it was not to be. Doris had to take Becky Anderson, one of our foster daughters to counseling tonight and has not come back yet. Morgan called and said Natalie was in the hospital to have her baby. Apparently, they had been out handing out some of my brochures in District 14 and Natalie was having some heavy contractions. It is 6:36 and Natalie is dilated to 8. It shall not be much longer. Needless to say, we will stay home and wait for Morgan’s call. Family is more important than the election anyway. Morgan called at 9:15 PM . it’s a boy and both Mother and Baby are doing fine. We are very blessed. This makes the 11th grand child and the second one to carry on the Woodhouse name. As of this date, our posterity is as follows: Carrie and Howard Merrell Krieg-boy, Woody-boy, Larn-boy, Wally-boy, Misty Dawn-girl Dusty Eve-girl Scott and Terri Woodhouse Jesica-girl, Jamie-girl Morgan and Natalie Woodhouse Morgan Jacob- boy Wayne and Jackie woodhouse Kyle Mark-boy Tristan Sue- girl I have taken the time to let everyone of the children know about Natallie`s baby except Michael and Danni in Australia. For some reason I could not get a long distance call to go through…. We have tried for three days. We apparently have a bad number. We will let Mike and Danni know by air mail letter. It is midnight and time to go to bed. Tomorrow is election day. I feel pretty good about being elected to the Orem City council because we have worked hard…Only time will tell. November 3, 1987 Well today is election and I am anxious and afraid. I do not want to let anyone down. My family has worked so very hard and others have contributed funds to help me defray some of the costs. Some of the candidates have spent $4,000 and $5,000 dollars in their campaign, I have only spent $930. Came home from work, Doris is not home. Apparently she and Howard are out picking up the large signs. I hope she hurries because it is 6:15 and we have not voted yet. The polls close at 8:00 PM and I am getting butterflies. I hope I do not fail again. Last time I ran I loss. I went down to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center to see my new grandson. He sure is handsome. Morgan and Natalie are going to name him Morgan Jacob Woodhouse. He is the second grandson to carry on the Woodhouse name. I arrived at “Election Central” at 8:45 PM and everyone asked where I had been. Six districts had reported and I was presently one of the top three..3rd place. I told them that I had other priorities that I was holding my new grandson. The last voting district did not report in until 11:57PM. It was a long wait, but, I was fortunate enough to end up in the top three…3rd place. With 2,528 votes, Lucille Steele was 2nd with 2,552 votes and Kelvin Clayton was 1st with 3,252 votes. I am excited to work with both of these people. They are honest God fearing and hard working. I have tomorrow and Thursday off. Doris and I plan to take down the rest of the campaign signs and prepare to return some of the borrowed materials to the owners. Everyone has really been great and I am very blessed to have so many good friends and neighbors. The children seem excited about my winning the election. Doris and I are exhausted. It has been a long day, a full day, a successful day. November 4 1987 Today Doris and I finished picking up the signs. It has been a lot of work, but, it was worth it. Today, We took Dad and Bonnie their basketball tickets over to them. Dad is not doing well. Physically he is OK , but, he still can not speak sentences. His stroke really affected his motor skills. Dad seemed happy we came over and he hated to see us leave, but we needed to get home to the family. I stayed up till Midnight reading the scriptures. I really enjoy them and the more I read and learn the more I enjoy them. Also read a couple of chapters in Duane Crowther`s Prophecy and the future. It scares me. I need to be a better person. I am trying. November 5 1987 Today, Doris spent the day preparing for the “Baby shower” for Natalie. She has put together a nice party. I have spent all day returning campaign paraphernalia. I will be glad to go back to work tomorrow so I can get a breather. I am ready for bed and the party is over. I need to go to bed early because I need to be up at 5:00 AM to drive to Salt Lake City to work. I have a lot to do tomorrow and will be glad when the weekend gets here and I can relax without worrying about campaign work, parties, etc. As a Mather-of-fact. I am looking forward to the football game between BYU and San Diego State. I hope they win and atone for there loss of last year. BYU needs to win the rest of there games to have an opportunity for post season play in a bowel game. November 6,1987 Today Dennis Anderson came to live with us as a foster son. He is the brother of Becky and Leann, two sisters who have been with us since the last of August. It looks like it could be a little while before the children go home, both their mother and father are having some real problems. It makes you appreciate your own family where there is no physical or sexual abuse. We all have our crosses to bear, but that is not one of ours. Tomorrow BYU plays San Diego State. Todd Santas, a Mormon boy is the quarterback for S.D.S. He is a fine quarterback and could break the NCAA total yardage record if he passes for 24 yards tomorrow. The Cougars will try to stop him and score themselves. It should be a good game. It is late and time to go to bed. November 7, 1987 This day started with a rush . Chuck and I need to go to BYU football Stadium at 9:00AM to prepare to sell chair seats to the fans. The Orem High School baseball team is doing this as a money making project. We sold 1900 chair seats, 381 of them in the Northeast section where I was stationed. The game. BYU won 38-21. Todd Santas from S.D. State broke the NCAA record for most yards ever by a quarterback. He is very good but, BYU really did a good job as a team. After the game, Doris and I did a little Christmas shopping. We have to hurry to get Mike’s and Danni’s gifts sent to Australia. Doris and I were eating at Skippers when we remembered it was the night Jerry Pulsipher daughter Toys was having her wedding reception so we hurry home, called Belma and asked if she wanted to drive to SLC and go with us to the reception. We left at 7: 30 PM, drove to the Stake Center in Granger only to find out the reception had been two days earlier. Boy am I ever going to give Doris a bad time about it. However, few enjoyed being with Belma and we stopped at Kentucky Fried Chicken and had a piece of Pumpkin Pie and laughed about our dumb Oversight. November 8, 1987 Today is Michael’s Birthday, We Love him so much and wish he were not so far away, so we could celebrate with him. It is Sunday and we are preparing for church. I am really excited, my lesson today in Primary is on writing in Journals. I hope I can instill the desire, to keep a journal, in the hearts of my students. Chuck and I are to do our Home Teaching Today. We are teaching the Farnsworth’s, Sister Crandall and Sister McKay. We enjoy them all. We talked about writing in our journals as President Spencer W Kimball suggested to the Saints. We were able to reach 100% of our families… it was neat. I called Br. Don Hobbs, the High Priest Group Leader, when I got home and reported to him. Tonight we watched the church special on the Book Of Mormon. It was really good and the children seemed to enjoy it very much. Sally Shum way, who lived with us as a foster daughter for awhile. Came by to see us tonight. She really looks good. I guess she has been teaching (Speaking) to different drug abuse hospitals on the reality of drugs and what can happen when you are use drugs. She come a long way. We love her a lot and we are glad she loves us enough to come and see us. Church was really good today. LeAnn Frazier and Patricia Leachy were the youth speakers and Br. And Sis. Buckley were the main portion on the program. Susan Jensen came over to work with Emily on her French. Susie is a fun girl and is good for Emily because she helps give Emily some “Self Image” Tomorrow is work for me, school for the children and a lot of chasing around for Doris. The children are in bed and I am very tired. Tomorrow is another day. November 9th Bad day! I was not able to go to work today because my esophagus is causing me a great deal of pain. If I take enough pain medication to stop the pain, I cannot function otherwise…I just wait for the pain to go away. I wish we could find out what causes the problem. I stayed in bed most of the day I cannot eat because it hurts to swallow. My nerves are on the edge. It is hard for the children to understand my problem. Chuck started to wrestle at Orem High today. He wants to wrestle 120 this year. I hope he can and that he likes it. Wrestling is a demanding individual sport and I hope chuck can discipline himself to handle the situation. I need to try and get some rest. I am supposed to go to Vernal and Roosevelt tomorrow. I hope I am feeling better and can go. November 10th Another bad day! I am still in bed hurting in my chest area. I can’t get my breath, can’t stop the pain and can not function with the pain medication. I hope for a better day tomorrow. I am supposed to meat with Daryl Berlin , The Orem City manager, tomorrow. I guess he meats one-on-one with all new City Council members. I am looking forward to the meeting. November 11th Today is Veterans Day… A holiday, other than the meeting with Mr. Berlin, I have nothing planned. Mr. Berlin and I had lunch at Prestwich Farms. We discussed some of the immediate problems we see facing The City of Orem. We see the needs for many services and wonder where the money will come from. Good ,solid economic development is a must. We need to build a solid economic tax base to provide the many services the citizen want, but, do not want to pay taxes to get. Last thing of the day… Dinner provided by the City of Orem for all of the volunteer workers in the many commissions, Planning, beautification, ect. It was very nice. Today is pay day. The kids will be happy to get their allowances tonight. I need to drive to S.L.C. today, I have regular branch managers meetings. With Foothill, East Mill Creak and Butler. It will be a very big day. At 6:00 tonight, the new City Council members met with the Mayor and City Managers in and orientation meeting. We are going to meet each week on Tuesday and Wednesday until after January 1... Then it depends on what committees we chair as to what nights we will be involved. November 14th We went to watch Emily and Elycse play Region Volleyball. They played really well and team took 2nd place. At 12:00 noon, we watched BYU and UTEP play football…boy, did we look bad in the 1st half. However they won 37-21. Doris and I took Belma to the show tonight, but the line was to long and we would need to stand in the cold, so we just went to Skippers and got something to eat. November 12th I met with Orem, Provo and Spanish Fork Offices today. Held regular branch managers meetings with Raylene, Lori and Mary. Things look pretty good at each office. At home Elycse has had a bad day today. She does not want to talk about it. Doris and I do not know if it is boy trouble or just problems each teenager has at 15 yr. of age. We will watch the situation closely. Emily has taken Brian to the Basket ball game at BYU The Australian National team is in town. It the past, it has been very boring. Doris and I decided to stay home with the younger children. November 15th We went to church today. The Del Moody family was the program. They are a nice talented family. We are sorry to see them move from the 49th ward. He wrote a song about me and sang it at a ward party. It was called Norman the Mormon. He gave me a copy of it. It is fun to listen to it. I went to the Explorer Post Committee meeting at 4:30 PM We are going to have a great committee with, Frank Breinholt, Robert Smoot, Kerry Spendlove, Janet Hacking and Myself. Tonight Morgan and Natalie brought Jacob over. We held the baby and played games and had candy and Ice Cream. The children have gone to bed. I think I will too! November 16th 1987 Today is Monday November 16,1987. Had a normal day at the office. I was in the South Davis office when Doris called to tell me that Emily’s car had caught on fire while setting in our driveway. We are hoping our homeowners policy will help defray some of the expense. Wayne and Jackie came down today and brought Kyle and Tristan. I guess all of them and Doris had a ball at Morgan and Natalie’s, Carrie and Howard They stayed long enough so I could see the kids when I got home from work. I need to go to bed. Tomorrow is the 17th and is a city council work meeting and city council Meeting. Missed a few years at keeping his journal. November 25 1979 Today was a special Day…Today I was ordained a High Preist and was ordained a “Bishop”. I am now the bishop of the Orem 49th Ward, Orem Utah Stake of Zion. As my first counselor the Lord called Brother Phil Freestone, as My second counselor the Lord called Brother J Lynn England. The rest of the changes are: Executive Secretary -Brother Blaine Hess Ward Clerk -Brother Paul Merrill Assistant Executive Secretary -Brother Floyd Bird Assistant Ward Clerk Records-Brother Ron Clark Assistant Ward Clerk Membership-Brother Gary Backus Assistant Ward Clerk Finance-Brother Allan Hair We were privileged to have all of our children and Grand children, Brothers and sisters, fathers, step mother, Father-in-law and Mother-in-law and some very special friends… Charles and Colleen Radcliff and family, Dennis and Virginia Gore and Family attended the ordination ceremony and then come down to the house for turkey dinner. We were thankful to our Father-in-Heaven for all of our blessings and were most pleased that Charles and Colleen would drive all the way from Arizona to be with us for this special occasion and we pray a special blessing be with them for a safe trip home. Tonight at 6:00 PM I held my first official Meeting and I know the spirit was with us all. Because everything went very well. At 11:00PM My oldest Brother, Kent Woodhouse called me from Martinez, California to congratulate me and He seemed very pleased the Lord would call me to be a Bishop. I know what they mean by “A Bishop’s Mantel” For today and tonight I have felt a Spiritual strength that never before has been with me. As Doris and I now prepare for prayer and bed I pray that I might live my life so the Holy Spirit will always be with me as needed, that I might do as the Lord would have me do and Magnify my calling always. AMEN December 4,1979 Tonight we held our 3rd Bishoprics Meeting. The Lord has blessed us as a 49th ward Bishopric, It seems things are going quite well. We have a good Spirit in our meetings and I know these brethren have been called by our Father-in-Heaven. It seems our personal lives are going well. We need to begin morning scripture reading, but , it is hard. The children are hard to get up to have it, and we seem to always be in a hurry. Again time seem to lapse before he wrote again. January 23, 1995 New Beginnings for Norman K Woodhouse I have not been the most Faithful journal writer, It seems I have always found something more important to do. However, as I grow older, I find my life is becoming one of constant happenings that I need to mention is writing for my posterity. Today, as I climbed out of bed to begin another day, my first reaction was One of why was I going to work and try to do a good job for the Bank, I work for because I am not sure that I will have a job there after the next few months. It seems, even though First Security Bank made more profit than ever before, Senior Management still wants to cut officer’s salaries so they can put more into their own deep pockets. Officer’s who have been with them for many years will have their salaries reduced and maybe even lose their jobs because of “economy of scale” or consolidating two or more deportment's. Any way, I decided to change my attitude and try and make the best of whatever happens. Doris and I have talked of moving if the Bank wants us to or of me finding another job to help with finances. We have thought of selling our home and using the equity to clear all of our debts. However, we have just finished remodeling the kitchen and family room. It would be a shame if we could not live here long enough to enjoy it. Today was a beautiful, Cold winters day. The drive to Salt Lake City to work was routine. I had a normal day at work, doing evaluations for Jodi K Marsh and Margaret Medel. I also had some problems to work out with the Afton Wyoming Branch. Richard needed to be home before 6:00 PM so we left work at 4:50 PM. Tonight is our Family Night and we are going to write in our Journals, study the scriptures and play games. We play a game called “Seek” it is a church game and the children seem to enjoy it. Every time we play it the children remember more answers. Family night has been fun. Steven and McKenzie came over and had supper with us. McKenzie watched T.V. while the adults played Seek. Jared is very good at the game. Especially “Book of Mormon” questions. It is now 10:00 and Family Night has been a success and it is time for bed. I love my husband very much, and was especially happy when I found this after he died. He had a stroke and I think he had forgotten about it. Because I sat hours with him and asked questions so I could write his life story, but he never told me he had done this. This was all done by his own hand and I typed it after he died. Some interesting things I asked him before he died His Mother’s hobbies were ; Keeping a clean house, Baking and dancing. She used to sing in the kitchen while she worked. She taught me that Cleanness is next to Godliness‘. She also taught me to respect other people. Try to be kind and considerate of others feelings. I was named for my dads friend. I have 4 Brothers and one sister. My favorite radio story was “Lets Pretend” and my favorite Movies were “Boston Blacky, the Green Hornet, Gene Artery The long Ranger, and Jimmie McBrown. His favorite color was blue, and He liked red cars. His favorite Supper Hero was Jackie Robinson( a black base ball player) When he was 5 years old his dad took him down to the Provo river to teach him to swim. He did this by throwing him in the river. He had to paddle but he learned to swim. I lived in many different homes. We stayed on Grandpa Butlers farm for a while we ate in the house but we slept in a tent like place but it wasn’t a tent I guess you would have called it a porch. With a canvas blind. My father taught me the pit falls of debt. Things I was afraid of were being forgotten and not being accepted. Rejected by family, because we were poor. Fun memories, Chasing boys coming down the canyon. They were rude so we followed them down the canyon and pulled into Provo water falls and all my boys climbed out of the car and they took off. Elycse going in the boys bathroom at chuck-o-Rama. Also when she used our tub and could not figure out how to let the water out. Also when we went to look at Christmas trees and Doris got so cold she gotten the wrong car, and was rubbing her hands when she noticed she was in the wrong car. I always wanted to be rich, so I could have a boys ranch and give a home to boys who needed love and a home. I also wanted to be sure my children knew they were loved, and had the necessity of life. Norman Kay Woodhouse passed away December 14, 2012, at his home in Ivins , Utah.

add to my mothers story

Contributor: crex Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

I remember mom knew the art of preparing good food and never turned anyone away without something to eat. We lived by the railroad tracks. Many hobo’s found out about her so we had many visitors that were hungry. She always could stir up something whenever a Hobo came to the door hungry. My mother used to cook a roast sometimes on Sunday. I remember she always browned it first on top of the stove then put it into a roaster and add onions, potatoes, and carrots. I remember how wonderful it tasted. This was one thing I knew how to cook when I got married. My mother taught 4-h for 4 years in sewing, 2 years in cooking. She taught my friends and took us all to the Fair in Salt Lake. I Learned to love sewing and have used it all my life. I also learned to love teaching in church form my mother. She was a teacher and I was her helper. She always made it seem real. She was always my best friend. I could always tell her all my mistakes and disappointments and she always understood and made me feel better. She never tried to judge any one. She would always ask me what I did to add to the problem, or start the problem. Then she helped me learn how to correct the problem. I know sometimes I disappointed her but she never made me feel like I could not make it right. She and Dad were always honest, faithful, kind and thoughtful of others. The Nieces and Nephews always liked to come to our house for summer vacations. Dad and mom always showed them a good time and made them feel welcome. I will always be glad I had the opportunity to have her live with me so I could return some of the goodness she gave me growing up.

Life timeline of Belma Agnes Pulsipher

Belma Agnes Pulsipher was born on 30 Mar 1913
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 16 years old when Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio. George Herman "Babe" Ruth Jr. was an American professional baseball player whose career in Major League Baseball (MLB) spanned 22 seasons, from 1914 through 1935. Nicknamed "The Bambino" and "The Sultan of Swat", he began his MLB career as a stellar left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, but achieved his greatest fame as a slugging outfielder for the New York Yankees. Ruth established many MLB batting records, including career home runs (714), runs batted in (RBIs) (2,213), bases on balls (2,062), slugging percentage (.690), and on-base plus slugging (OPS) (1.164); the latter two still stand as of 2018. Ruth is regarded as one of the greatest sports heroes in American culture and is considered by many to be the greatest baseball player of all time. In 1936, Ruth was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame as one of its "first five" inaugural members.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 26 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 32 years old when World War II: Hiroshima, Japan is devastated when the atomic bomb "Little Boy" is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning. World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier. The vast majority of the world's countries—including all of the great powers—eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most global war in history; it directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. In a state of total war, the major participants threw their entire economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities behind the war effort, blurring the distinction between civilian and military resources. World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 50 to 85 million fatalities, most of whom were civilians in the Soviet Union and China. It included massacres, the genocide of the Holocaust, strategic bombing, premeditated death from starvation and disease and the only use of nuclear weapons in war.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 45 years old when Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth. The Space Race refers to the 20th-century competition between two Cold War rivals, the Soviet Union (USSR) and the United States (US), for dominance in spaceflight capability. It had its origins in the missile-based nuclear arms race between the two nations that occurred following World War II, aided by captured German missile technology and personnel from the Aggregat program. The technological superiority required for such dominance was seen as necessary for national security, and symbolic of ideological superiority. The Space Race spawned pioneering efforts to launch artificial satellites, uncrewed space probes of the Moon, Venus, and Mars, and human spaceflight in low Earth orbit and to the Moon.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 52 years old when Thirty-five hundred United States Marines are the first American land combat forces committed during the Vietnam War. The United States Marine Corps (USMC), also referred to as the United States Marines, is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for conducting amphibious operations with the United States Navy. The U.S. Marine Corps is one of the four armed service branches in the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and one of the seven uniformed services of the United States.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 60 years old when Vietnam War: The last United States combat soldiers leave South Vietnam. The Vietnam War, also known as the Second Indochina War, and in Vietnam as the Resistance War Against America or simply the American War, was a conflict that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975. It was the second of the Indochina Wars and was officially fought between North Vietnam and the government of South Vietnam. The North Vietnamese army was supported by the Soviet Union, China, and other communist allies; the South Vietnamese army was supported by the United States, South Korea, Australia, Thailand and other anti-communist allies. The war is considered a Cold War-era proxy war by some US perspectives. The majority of Americans believe the war was unjustified. The war would last roughly 19 years and would also form the Laotian Civil War as well as the Cambodian Civil War, which also saw all three countries become communist states in 1975.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 70 years old when Michael Jackson's Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, was released. Michael Joseph Jackson was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Dubbed the "King of Pop", he was one of the most popular entertainers in the world, and was the best-selling music artist during the year of his death. Jackson's contributions to music, dance, and fashion along with his publicized personal life made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 77 years old when Nelson Mandela is released from Victor Verster Prison outside Cape Town, South Africa after 27 years as a political prisoner. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the country's first black head of state and the first elected in a fully representative democratic election. His government focused on dismantling the legacy of apartheid by tackling institutionalised racism and fostering racial reconciliation. Ideologically an African nationalist and socialist, he served as President of the African National Congress (ANC) party from 1991 to 1997.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher was 90 years old when Invasion of Iraq: In the early hours of the morning, the United States and three other countries (the UK, Australia and Poland) begin military operations in Iraq. The 2003 invasion of Iraq was the first stage of the Iraq War. The invasion phase began on 20 March 2003 and lasted just over one month, including 21 days of major combat operations, in which a combined force of troops from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and Poland invaded Iraq. This early stage of the war formally ended on 1 May 2003 when U.S. President George W. Bush declared the "end of major combat operations", after which the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) was established as the first of several successive transitional governments leading up to the first Iraqi parliamentary election in January 2005. U.S. military forces later remained in Iraq until the withdrawal in 2011.
See More
Belma Agnes Pulsipher died on 6 Feb 2010 at the age of 96
Grave record for Belma Agnes Pulsipher (30 Mar 1913 - 6 Feb 2010), BillionGraves Record 1377 Spanish Fork, Utah, Utah, United States