Angeline Lemmon

1857 - 1915

Change Your Language


You can change the language of the BillionGraves website by changing the default language of your browser.

Learn More

Angeline Lemmon

1857 - 1915
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Angeline Lemmon was born 10 May 1857 in Millcreek, Salt Lake to Washington and Rachel Sharp Lemmon. Her father was born in 1806 in Shelbyville, Shelby, Kentucky. His mother died when he was seven or eight. He first married Tamer Stevens. Washington was baptized into the Church in 1841. He was a carp
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Angeline Lemmon
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Angeline Lemmon


Rose Memorial Park Association Inc

760 North Franklin Street
Fort Bragg, Mendocino, California
United States

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Angeline...

We found more records about Angeline Lemmon.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Angeline


Angeline Lemmon is buried in the Rose Memorial Park Association Inc at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store




Contributor: Linda Reece Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Angeline Lemmon was born 10 May 1857 in Millcreek, Salt Lake to Washington and Rachel Sharp Lemmon. Her father was born in 1806 in Shelbyville, Shelby, Kentucky. His mother died when he was seven or eight. He first married Tamer Stevens. Washington was baptized into the Church in 1841. He was a carpenter and helped build the Nauvoo Temple. They had 14 children. He was campaigning in Indiana for Joseph Smith to be the next President of the United States when the prophet was killed. In 1850 he moved to Council Bluffs with his family and spent two years getting ready to cross the plains to Utah Territory. They came to Utah Territory with the Henry Bryant Manning Jolley Company in 1852. He and Tamer were 45 and they had with them ten children. Stacy Ann was 23; Nancy Melissa was 18;Willis was 14; Leander was 12;Alfred was 10; Oliver Perry was 8; Mary Emily was 6; Artimesia Caroline was 4; and Hyrum was 2. They departed on 15 June 1852 with 247 individuals and about 64 wagons in the company which began its journey from the outfitting post at Kanesville, Iowa (present day Council Bluffs). They arrived in the Salt Lake valley 9-15 September 1852. On May 22, 1856, he entered into a polygamous marriage with Rachel Sharp, and they had a daughter named Angeline,, born March 10, 1857 at Milcreek. He also married Sarah Ann Cook Walters on December 19, 1863. Angeline married George E. Hiatt in 1887 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah Territory at the age of 30. He was 21 years old. George E. Hiatt was born 14 November 1866 in Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah Territory to Elihu H. and Martha Frances Brandon Hiatt. His father was born in 1818 in Wilmington, Clinton, Ohio to Reuben and Mary Stout Hiatt. He first married Rebecca Courter on 30 June 1840 in Washington, Iowa at the age of 22. Rebecca was born on 2 February 1819 in Williamsport, Lycoming, Pennsylvania. Rebecca’smother passed away when she was six years old. Rebecca went to live with relatives in the unsettled territory of Iowa. Her father John made many trips to see his children. They lived in Iowa for some time and seven of their children were born there. In 1852 a cholera epidemic broke out. Five of her children died within three weeks. She had a dream one night and was told to take the plant called crowfoot, steep and leaves, and make a tea. She followed the instructions the next morning. She gave it to her husband and the two remaining children. It worked and they recovered. About this time missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stopped by their home. Elihu joined but Rebecca was not ready to. They left their home in 1853 to join the Saints. Rebecca gave birth to Jesse while they were traveling through Arkansas. She joined the Church when he was a month old on 11 January 1854. They came to Utah Territory with the Washington L. Jolley Company in 1854. There were 58 in the company which departed on 10 June 1854 from the outfitting post at Ft. Kearny, Nebraska. As they traveled they encountered many rainstorms, but ample feed for the animals. Interestingly they had a dog with them that was shot by mistake. Someone thought it was a wolf. A brother Hiatt was listed in the roster for the company, but Rebecca was with him also. By 1 September they were in sight of the Rocky Mountains. The road was rough and finding water became more challenging. They did have one heavy hail storm. Once they got into the mountain country they were able to find deer, antelope, sage hens, and buffalo. They passed Fort Bridger on 13 September. They traveled down Echo Canyon and after some distance along the Weber River made it to Parley’s Pass and then up Big Mountain. From there they came down Little Mountain and to the mouth of Emigration Canyon and made it into the Salt Lake valley on 21 September 1854. The family first settled in Millcreek, Salt Lake, Utah Territory where the next two children were born. Elihu Jr. was born 4 December 1855 and Reuben was born 28 December 1857. From there they moved to Slaterville,Weber, Utah Territory where Francis Marion was born on 5 November 1859. They moved to Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah Territory where their last child Rebecca Eleanor was born on 13 July 1862. His father entered into polygamy and married Mary Caroline Brandon and on 17 June 1856 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah Territory in the President’s Office. He was 37 years old. A year later he married her sister Martha Frances Brandon on 19 April 1857 in the President’s Office in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah. His mother was born on 27 February 1842 in Steward County, Tennessee to George Washington and Keziah Fowler Brandon. She was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on 29 September 1856 at the age of 14. His grandfather Brandon was baptized by Wilford Woodruff in 1835. He was so grateful that he named one of his children after him. Their family felt the need to go to Nauvoo Hancock, Illinois where the body of the Church was. By 1844 they were in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois. Her father had received his endowments on 31 January 1846 just four days before the Saints were expelled from Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois. He died on 3 June 1849 at Cow Creek, Iowa at the age of 39. He was buried at Council Bluffs,Pottawattamie, Iowa. His widowed grandmother, then 37 came to Utah Territory with the Henry William Miller Company. They departed on 8 July 1852 with 229 individuals and 63 wagons in the company which departed from the outfitting post as Kanesville,Iowa(present day Council Bluffs). Wilford Woodruff was 14; Mary Caroline was 12; Martha Frances was 20; Rebecca Ann was 8; Evaline Melissa was 6; and Abigail Dinah was 4. The cholera was very bad on the plains that year, but only one or two died out of their company. Captain Miller would not stop in one camp long enough for the people to get sick and die. It was very sorrowful to see so many graves by the roadside. They made it to Independence Rock by 1 September. They camped at Fort Bridger on 20 September.They woke up to four inches of snow on the 23 September. On the 29 September they were at Big Mountain. During the night of 1 October it snowed again. They came into the valley on a clear morning on 2 October 1852 after snow during the night. Her father, Elihu and Mary Caroline had four children, all girls. Matilda Evalyn was born on 8 September 1857 in Little Cottonwood, Salt Lake, Utah Territory. The next two children were born in Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah Territory. Mary Emma was born 23 April 1860 and Ermina Abigail was born 26 August 1862. Their last child Estella Keziah was born 19 July 1865 in Paris, Bear Lake,Idaho. His father Elihu and Martha Frances had four children, one girl and three boys. The family moved in 1864 to Paris, Idaho, where they joined a group of Latter-Day Saints who had been called to establish a settlement by President Brigham Young. Elihu hewed most of the logs used in the construction of the first church house built in the village of Paris.The family moved to Fish Haven in 1866, about 13 miles south of Paris. Thomas Wilford was born 17 March 1859;Martha Minerva was born 9 October 1860; Leslie Willard was born 28 March 1865; and GeorgeE.was born 14 November 1866 in Brigham City,Box Elder, Utah Territory. Life in the early days in Paris involved many hardships. Good consisted mainly of produce grown by the settlers. Flour sometimes became scarce during the winter months due to the lack of a flour mill.Wheat was often eaten whole or ground in a neighbor’s coffee mill. The food supply was supplemented in the spring by digging sego roots on the hillside surrounding the settlement. Theboys had to help shear the sheep that they had taken care of in the nearby hills. They fished out of Bear Lake. They would clean, salt them and put them in barrels and then take them to Ogden and Salt Lake to trade for dry goods and supplies they needed. The girls helped their mother with the household chores. The family moved to Fish Haven in 1866, about 13 miles south of Paris. He lived with all three wives until the Manifesto. At that time he moved Mary Caroline and Rebecca to different locations and never saw them again. His father died on 20 February 1872 in Harrisville, Weber, Utah Territory at the age of 53. He was buried on 23 February 1872 in the Ogden City Cemetery, Ogden, Weber, Utah Territory. His mother Martha Frances married William Reese in 1881. They had one child together.LaVenna Frances was born 13 December 1883 in Brigham City, Box Elder,Utah Territory. She would be a half sister to George. His mother died on 19 August 1922 in Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah at the age of 80. She was buried on 21 August 1922 in the Brigham City Cemetery,Brigham City, Box Elder Utah. There were no children born to Angeline and George. George died on 7 May 1928 in Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah Territory at the age of 61. He was buried in Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah. It is not known when Angeline died or where she was buried.

Life timeline of Angeline Lemmon

Angeline Lemmon was born in 1857
Angeline Lemmon was 4 years old when American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces. The American Civil War was a war fought in the United States from 1861 to 1865. As a result of the long-standing controversy over slavery, war broke out in April 1861, when Confederate forces attacked Fort Sumter in South Carolina, shortly after U.S. President Abraham Lincoln was inaugurated. The nationalists of the Union proclaimed loyalty to the U.S. Constitution. They faced secessionists of the Confederate States, who advocated for states' rights to expand slavery.
Angeline Lemmon was 22 years old when Thomas Edison demonstrates incandescent lighting to the public for the first time, in Menlo Park, New Jersey. Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor and businessman, who has been described as America's greatest inventor. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb. Dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park", he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention, and is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory.
Angeline Lemmon was 24 years old when The world's first international telephone call is made between St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada, and Calais, Maine, United States. A telephone call is a connection over a telephone network between the called party and the calling party.
Angeline Lemmon was 41 years old when Spanish–American War: The Treaty of Paris is signed, officially ending the conflict. The Spanish–American War was fought between the United States and Spain in 1898. Hostilities began in the aftermath of the internal explosion of the USS Maine in Havana Harbor in Cuba, leading to US intervention in the Cuban War of Independence. American acquisition of Spain's Pacific possessions led to its involvement in the Philippine Revolution and ultimately in the Philippine–American War.
Angeline Lemmon was 48 years old when Albert Einstein publishes his first paper on the special theory of relativity. Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science. He is best known to the general public for his mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc2, which has been dubbed "the world's most famous equation". He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect", a pivotal step in the development of quantum theory.
Angeline Lemmon died in 1915 at the age of 58
Grave record for Angeline Lemmon (1857 - 1915), BillionGraves Record 37281462 Fort Bragg, Mendocino, California, United States