Adam Earl Carter

22 Mar 1878 - 13 Sep 1942


Adam Earl Carter

22 Mar 1878 - 13 Sep 1942
edit Edit Record
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Remembering Mother Mary Irene Carter by daughter Sadie Beth Gardner Sydenham. Mary Irene Carter, Irene as she was called was born 14 April 1908 in Blackfoot (Thomas) Bingham County, Idaho. She was the second daughter and fifth child born to Adam Earl Carter and Sarah Williams. Of her parent's nine c
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Adam Earl Carter
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Adam Earl Carter


Riverside Thomas Cemetery

939-949 State Highway 39
Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho
United States


October 13, 2012


October 9, 2012

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Adam Earl...

We found more records about Adam Earl Carter.

Grave Site of Adam Earl


Adam Earl Carter is buried in the Riverside Thomas Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Mary Irene Carter by daughter Sadie Beth Sydenham

Contributor: kcapson Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Remembering Mother Mary Irene Carter by daughter Sadie Beth Gardner Sydenham. Mary Irene Carter, Irene as she was called was born 14 April 1908 in Blackfoot (Thomas) Bingham County, Idaho. She was the second daughter and fifth child born to Adam Earl Carter and Sarah Williams. Of her parent's nine children, she was the only one born in Idaho, all the rest were born in Minersville, Beaver, Utah. Shortly after she was born, her parents moved back to Minersville, Utah where her father worked as a miner and with livestock. In 1919, the family moved back to Idaho, settling first in Riverside then the Thomas Ward. A year after they moved to Thomas, her father bought an 80 acre farm. Mother helped on the farm and in the home. She went to school and Church at Thomas, graduating from high school in 1926. While in school, she was active in drama. She sang with the three other sisters for special event and Church meetings around the area. Irene loved to dance. He brother Ronald told me that Mother do anything for her brother to get to go to a dance with him. Shine his shoes, press his suit, anything. Irene love pretty clothes. A lot of her hard earned money was spent on clothes. Aunt Velma tells of the time Mother talked her into getting their ears pierced. Mother figured the punishment wouldn't be as severe if they both did it. I don't know anything about her likes, favorite colors, etc. I don't know how she meet my father, other than the fact that she and a friend were double dating with my dad and his friend with my mother datingthe friend. The two friends eloped, leaving my dad and mother. On January 1928, mother married Samuel B. Gardner, son of Herman Argyle and Katherine Alice Knighton Gardner of the Rose area of Blackfoot, Idaho. When Grandma Carter became very ill, mother went to live with her parents to help take care of Grandma, who died on 6 Jan 1929. While still living with Grandpa Carter, I put in my appearance on the scene on the 13th of February 1929 at 4 pm. Shortly after I was born, my paarents were divorced (3 Mar 1919?). Just prior to my birth, mother and dad were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple in October 1928. Mother worked at one time at the Mental hospital in Blackfoot. I stayed with her cousin Lattie Tanner for awhile and also a Mrs. Miller, that lived a block away from the hospital. I can remember going to see her sometimes at her work. On her 25th birthday, she married Weldon Seamons. He was a farm hand working for Chase Rich. I can remember living in a little house on the farm. Sometimes Mother and I would walk to the field where Weldon had been working and meeting him after a hard day's work. Just before my bother Gary was born, we moved on the border line of Riverside and Groveland, where Weldon worked for a Mr. Morgan (?). We had a two story house but never using the upstairs. The house consisted of a large room, a small room and 2 bedrooms. In the summer time we'd live in the larger of the rooms. In the winter time,we'd move the kitchen area into the one smaller bedroom because it was easier to heat. It was in this house, Gary was born 25 Oct 1924. I was in the first grad and walked to Groveland to go to school. I can remember Mother had purchased a pair of red and white polka dot curtains for the small kitchen. Mother had laundered them and the color came out of the polka dots. She ask me to bring home my red crayon so she could color the dots. While I was still in the first grade, we moved to Groveland, living in a small upstairs apartment. It was her that another son Dwight Carter joined the family on 12 Aug 1936. Not long after Dwight was born, we move to a downstairs apartment. Here, Gary got diptheria and was very ill. All he could have was rice water. We moved again this time to an apartment in a house. Since Mother loved raspberries, she'd leave me to take care of Gary & Dwight while she would pick raspberries so she could have a crate to can. I remember one time Dwight had messed his pants. Mother took him to the ditch in front of house. I thought she was going to throw him in and I started to cry. Another incident I remember, Mother was going to go to Pocatello with someone. I don't remember who. I was put in charge of my two brother. I decided to take them to the school yard, which wasn't very far from our house to play. On our way there I found some loose change in the dirt road. I thought I'd found a gold mine. We went to the little store and bought each of us some candy. When Mother got home, I ask her where my hair ribbon was. She said she couldn't buy me one as she had lost he money through a hole in her coat pocket. I felt real bad that I had spent her money as I figured the money we found was what she had lost. Another move. This time to Wapello, a farming community north of Blackfoot on the highway to Idaho Falls. Before we moved, Weldon had traded their bedroom set and what other furniture we had for a small house trailer. We lived in this on the farm of Weldon's parents. I finished second grade in Wapello. During my 3rd grad, I came into Blackfoot to live with my Gardner grandparents, going to live with my Mother during summer vacation. Mother, Weldon and boys went to Marysvile, just outside of Ashton, Idaho, to her father's home. While they were there, Mother was rushed to the hospital in Rexburg, where a baby girl was stillborn. Mother died the next day. They were buried together in the same casket in her father's burial plot at the Thomas-Riverside Cemetery, on Jan 1, 1939. I'll never forget how perfect that baby girl looked and how pretty my Mother was. Being only 9 years old, I didn't understand death. In fact I didn't really miss her until after I was married and had children of my own. I was glad I got to see her just before she died as my Uncle Homer and Aunt Violet Carter and kids had stopped in Blackfoot, picked me up and brought me with them. I only saw her for a few minutes as she was laying down resting.

Life sketch

Contributor: kcapson Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Ralph William Carter - “Mr. Tuxedo” Ralph W. Carter was born October 16, 1918 at Minersville, Utah, to Adam Earl Carter and Sarah Williams. He died August 30, 2008 at the home of his daughter, Dayna, in Cedar City, Utah. He married Wanda Memmott, on May 7, 1940. She preceded him in death by three years. Ralph served as an Air Force sergeant during World War II working as a navigation radar mechanic. He was stationed Palawan Island in the Philippines. After the war, Ralph and Wanda moved to Salt Lake City where Ralph started King’s Row Men’s Wear and Formalwear in 1955, an occupation and a passion that occupied his next 38 years. Ralph served as a board member of the American Formal Wear Association and the Men’s Wear Retailers Association. He and Wanda attended two presidential inaugurals and many formal galas. In 1951 Ralph and Wanda moved to Kearns and bought a little home that was a weekend remodeling project for the next 50 years and became the gem of the neighborhood. Ralph was a member of the Kearns Town Council, the Junior Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber of Commerce, the Bonneville Kiwanis, and the Salt Lake Knife and Fork Club. Ralph was an active supporter of the arts in the Salt Lake Valley and he particularly loved the theater. He supported the Pioneer Memorial Theater at the University of Utah and he played supporting roles in “MAME” at the Promised Valley Playhouse and “The Barber of Seville” at the Utah Opera. He was stake drama director in Kearns for 12 years. He is survived by his son, Ralph Terrell and wife Margie; his daughter, Dee Wynn Johnson and husband Rici; his daughter Dayna Christensen and husband Richard; and his daughter J’Lene; and 15 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren.

Life timeline of Adam Earl Carter

Adam Earl Carter was born on 22 Mar 1878
Adam Earl Carter was 3 years old when The world's first international telephone call is made between St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada, and Calais, Maine, United States. A telephone call is a connection over a telephone network between the called party and the calling party.
Adam Earl Carter was 18 years old when George VI of the United Kingdom (d. 1952) George VI was King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Commonwealth from 11 December 1936 until his death in 1952. He was the last Emperor of India and the first Head of the Commonwealth.
Adam Earl Carter was 26 years old when The Wright brothers make their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, were two American aviators, engineers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who are generally credited with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful airplane. They made the first controlled, sustained flight of a powered, heavier-than-air aircraft on December 17, 1903, four miles south of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. In 1904–05 the brothers developed their flying machine into the first practical fixed-wing aircraft. Although not the first to build experimental aircraft, the Wright brothers were the first to invent aircraft controls that made fixed-wing powered flight possible.
Adam Earl Carter was 34 years old when The British passenger liner RMS Titanic sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two hours and forty minutes after hitting an iceberg. Only 710 of 2,227 passengers and crew on board survive. RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early hours of 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. There were an estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, and more than 1,500 died, making it one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history. RMS Titanic was the largest ship afloat at the time it entered service and was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line. It was built by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. Thomas Andrews, her architect, died in the disaster.
Adam Earl Carter was 50 years old when Walt Disney character Mickey Mouse premieres in his first cartoon, "Plane Crazy". Walter Elias Disney was an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and film producer. A pioneer of the American animation industry, he introduced several developments in the production of cartoons. As a film producer, Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards earned by an individual, having won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations. He was presented with two Golden Globe Special Achievement Awards and an Emmy Award, among other honors. Several of his films are included in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress.
Adam Earl Carter was 61 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
Adam Earl Carter died on 13 Sep 1942 at the age of 64
Grave record for Adam Earl Carter (22 Mar 1878 - 13 Sep 1942), BillionGraves Record 2350425 Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho, United States