The vast majority of burial details have come from Barrie Keech, who kindly allows the use of data for all private, non-profit and non-commercial uses.
This has proven invaluable in putting details to many headstones which have been badly weathered.
Mr Keech's original data can be found on http://www.barriesgenealogy.co.uk/html/st_mary_s_burials_1558-1895.html
The most notable church monument is that of Thomas West, 8th Baron De La Warr on the north wall of the chancel. He was entombed in the church in 1524 and the tomb was found under the nave floor in 2009. His son, also Thomas, died in 1554 and has a Caen stone monument at the east side of the south transept, moved from the east end of the south aisle in 1826.
John Mapulton (also known as John Mapilton), rector of the church between 1424 and 1431 was clerk to the Court of Chancery and was chancellor to Queen Joanna, widow of Henry IV. The church has a brass dedicated to John Mapilton.
Two well-preserved brasses on a stone slab were found under old pews in 1826. This was set into the centre aisle of the nave and then in 2007 moved to be positioned vertically in the north transept. The main brass cross commemorates Reverend Richard Tooner who died in 1445. Below it is a memorial to John Corby, Rector 1393–1415.
The church also has a brass dedicated to 11 fishermen who died in 1850 while trying to save the crew of the Lalla Rookh, a ship caught in a storm off Worthing.
Surgeon John White is buried in the churchyard.