Woodland Cemetery Soldiers' Lot is comprised of two separate parcels that the federal government purchased in 1868 for the Civil War dead. Section 14, lot 48, contains 16 graves in an area measuring 28 feet by 23 feet. Section 10, lots 59 and 60, contain 32 graves in an area 40 feet by 16 feet. The first interments were the remains of 27 Union soldiers removed from West Side Cemetery, Cleveland. There is an unrelated group of Civil War-era burials around the cemetery's central flagpole, but these are not administered by NCA.