Church Whitfield is a village just north of Dover in Kent, England. It is virtually part of the larger area of Whitfield and, like it, part of the town area of Dover. Part of the village is called Pineham.
St. Peter's Church is a 10th Century Saxon Church largely rebuilt in Norman times, though the church is first mentioned in 762 AD. It was restored and enlarged in 1894 by Ewan Christian. In the west wall can be seen a double-splayed Saxon window which takes this church back to the 8th or 9th century. This lovely country church is buried amongst the trees. On opening the door we find that in the 1970s the church was reordered so that the altar is in the north aisle. It may be unusual but it works well. The chancel is now a vestry. The original chancel arch was taken down by Ewan Christian when he restored the church. His replacement arch maintains the proportions of Saxon work.