The land the Suisun Fairfield Cemetery sits on was originally owned by Captain Robert Waterman, the Founder of the City of Fairfield. Captain Waterman owned a large amount of the city land in Fairfield, and in 1865 donated a portion to set up a fraternal church cemetery now known as the Suisun Fairfield Cemetery. The Cemetery was created by a land grant to the Suisun Lodge of the Oddfellows. The Oddfellows, Masons, Catholic and Methodist churches were the major landowners in the cemetery. The oldest known burial in the cemetery was in 1853.
In 1924, the Suisun Fairfield Cemetery District was formed.