Saint James Anglican Church Cemetery; This cemetery is no longer in use. However the gravestones are treated with respect and can be read.
The First recorded St. James Churchyard/Cemetery was swept away, along with the Church, in the floods prior to 1845. This was on the eastern side of the Hutt river, just south of the present Ewen Bridge.
After a new Church had been constructed, near the present site, in April 1855, additional land was then donated by Captain Daniell for a burial ground to be added to the Church grounds. By 1888 this area was used quite extensively, so much so that the Town Board was forced to acknowledge that the cemetery was solely for St James parishioners.
During redevelopment n the 1950s the Cemetery was reduced to its present size and site.