Prospect Hill Soldiers' Lot is located in section A, lot 689, of the parent cemetery. The exact date of the establishment of the soldiers' lot is unknown, but records indicate that the first burials occurred as early as 1862, and were most likely soldiers who died at the local hospital. Originally located on the west slope of Prospect Hill, the soldiers' lot was later moved to a more favorable location on the eastern slope. There are 161 known and two unknown graves in the soldiers' lot, all without headstones. Alternatively, the names are inscribed on two continuous circular curbs enclosing a central soldiers' monument, with breaks only for the path.