Address: Old Tarcoola Road Port Augusta West SA 5700 Latitude: -32.474054 Longitude: 137.743912 GPS: 32 28.44315, 137 44.6347
From the Port Augusta Council website:
The Port Augusta West Cemetery opened in 1924 and is located on the Old Tarcoola Road. Most of the records for the Port Augusta West Cemetery were lost in the town hall fire in 1944. The Port Augusta West Cemetery consists of four sections:
Afghan/Muhammad Roman Catholic Un-leased Protestant Cremated Remains It is believed that in accordance with Muslim religious beliefs, burial plots in the Afghan/Muhammad section are facing in the direction of "Mecca", the birthplace of the prophet Muhammad.