NEWPORT HISTORICAL CEMETERY #: NT012
Location: 20 ft west of SPRING ST at TEL pole # 27
2 burials with 2 inscriptions from 1803 to 1839
NOTE: This cemetery contains the graves of two Congregational ministers, one of which (1839) was removed at a so-far unknown date from an older cemetery attached to the First Congregational church on Mill St. The second, a monument, commemorates a pastor of the 2nd Congregational church, who died in Hartford CT. in 1839 (Hon. Robert Franklin, "Newport Cemeteries," Special Bulletin #10 of NHS, Dec. 1913, pp. 44-45).