The Kumeroa Cemetery is situated on Cemetery Rd in a large open paddock on the left containing only 12 headstones. There was an earlier cemetery dating from 1886 - 1907 nearer the village of Kumeroa but this is now farmland with no visible signs of being a cemetery.
On 1st June 1966, the Kumeroa Cemetery was gazetted as "closed", Burial records at the Woodville District Council are very brief as the register is compiled from memory from the then Cemetery Board Trustees after earlier records were destroyed in a house fire. The Woodville Post Office death register were searched to give further details.
There is a map recording the positions of the known graves they could find, 12 in total. The grave numbers given is a representation only, not actual and is for database record only. A memorial now stands to recognise those buried in an unknown section without headstones.