Killann Graveyard and its ruined church.
In the townland of Killann is an old church. Standing in its midst is a ruined church. This was called St. Anne's church and it is from this that the townland got it's name. The church is in ruins for the last three hundred years. The two gables are standing still. Attached to one of them is an old vault which belonged to the Cosby family.
There are two openings on each of them about one foot square. Remaining still is a flat slab and this fitted into one of the holes. The following words are carved into it. " This is the ancient vault of the Cosby family which for many years held a prominent position in the County of Cavan." The vault is ceiled with stones and on top of the ceiling are to be found a great number of little flat stones. It appears that these stones were used for roofing because in each one is a little round hole which seemed to be bored with a nail. The door of the church was on the other gable and the arch is still to be seen.
There are many different stories told about how this church came to be ruined. It is told that when Cromwells soldiers were in this part of Cavan that they destroyed it but sometime after they rebuilt it for their own use. The graveyard is roughly circular in shape. It was planted with large trees until last year(1937), when the board of health had them cut. There are not many headstones but the few that are in it are very old. Some of them cannot be read. There are some headstones lying flat on the ground It was in this position that they were placed when being erected.