Churchyard surrounding the former Gogar Kirk. Vehicle access is via the minor road at Gogarburn tram station, turn north off the east-bound carriageway ONLY of Glasgow Road.
As a religious site, originally linked to Holyrood Abbey, Gogar dates back nearly a thousand years. The present well-maintained building dates from 1890 but incorporates the remains of a small pre-reformation chapel.
The last church service at Gogar was held around 1955, and since 1979 the building has been used as a cabinet-making workshop specializing in producing quality furniture in native hardwoods.