Get started contributing to Eythorne and Elvington (Saint Peter and Saint Paul) Churchyard. Use the button below to begin a simple step by step process to get started contributing to Eythorne and Elvington (Saint Peter and Saint Paul) Churchyard.
The church of St Peter and St Paul stands between the villages of Eythorne and Elvington and is very much a small Early English church. It serves both villages and a joint population of about 4600 people. The village is a product of the Kent coal field, being just a couple of miles from the mine at Tilmanstone. The church has two of the oldest ringing bells in Kent Churches, both dating back to c.1440. One weighs 6.75 cwt and the other 8cwt and both were cast by William Chamberlain.