Confederate Cemetery is privately owned by the Albert Sidney Johnston Chapter No. 144 of the United Confederate Veterans. It was established about 1885 on 2.5 acres and has an approximate 700 marked burials. It is bounded by City Cemetery No. 6 on the west and City Cemetery No. 4 on the east, north and south.
This historic graveyard was established in 1885. The land was purchased by the Albert Sidney Johnston Camp #1, United Confederate Veterans. (Records indicate some Confederate soldiers were interred prior to that date.) It was expanded through 1904. It is wholly contained within City Cemetery #4. 0168 Camp of Confederate DeadLines of demarcation are shell lanes named for famous Confederates such as Robert E. Lee Walk, etc. While the majority of the tombstones are military there are also a mausoleum, Woodmen of the World tree markers, obelisks, columns, Texas state historical markers and stones with scrolls and angels.